You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018 NAPLEX - how to study?
Started by 2017PharmD2be
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Glad you mentioned that, because i hear they ARE making the naplex harder..... good luck!
how are they making the Naplex harder? higher standards needed to pass?
I have not seen any evidence they are making it harder. I guess we just have to wait for them to release the pass rate stats
the word is the pass rate is better this year!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the word is the pass rate is better this year!
Got link to this?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Heard from people who are in the knows
Did they tell you what is the pass rate for this year?
No but i was told the retaking rate is lower this year
Maybe people are just giving up?
No way! Forked out $200 k and give up?
Maybe people are just giving up?
I doubt anyone would give up after failing. It is already a HUGE investment. Might as well go all the way.
Maybe people are just giving up?
don't you get like 5 chances to pass?
don't you get like 5 chances to pass?
Yup I think it’s 5. I’d love to see the number of people who actually take it 5 times and don’t pass.
Not to sound like a dick, but even the new format felt like a minimum competency test. In my mind I was a sub-par student, but I definitely worked for my grades. I still passed with like 20 points to spare with over 2.5 hours to spare. And I took two unscheduled breaks.
I get it, I could have gotten all ID, HIV and Oncology and I probably would have been screwed but all in all I thought it was a reasonable test...
Yup I think it’s 5. I’d love to see the number of people who actually take it 5 times and don’t pass.
Not to sound like a dick, but even the new format felt like a minimum competency test. In my mind I was a sub-par student, but I definitely worked for my grades. I still passed with like 20 points to spare with over 2.5 hours to spare. And I took two unscheduled breaks.
I get it, I could have gotten all ID, HIV and Oncology and I probably would have been screwed but all in all I thought it was a reasonable test...
what score did you get? how long did you study?
what score did you get? how long did you study?
I forget the exact score, but it was upper 90s. Studied for 3 weeks, 6 hours a day. I use the word "studied" lightly. More like skimmed and took RXPrep quizzes to see what I missed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I forget the exact score, but it was upper 90s. Studied for 3 weeks, 6 hours a day. I use the word "studied" lightly. More like skimmed and took RXPrep quizzes to see what I missed.
I remember out of a class close to 150 students, only 1 student from my school failed the NAPLEX. Are there still schools that have 100% pass rate?
I remember out of a class close to 150 students, only 1 student from my school failed the NAPLEX. Are there still schools that have 100% pass rate?
I just checked the 2017 pass rates. Didn’t see one with 100%, closest I saw was 99.2%.
University of Kansas had a 100% pass rate for 2018.
University of Kansas had a 100% pass rate for 2018.
Just curious, did you pull the data from their site?
Just curious, did you pull the data from their site?
Yes, I'm a student there and they reported it in their news section on the school website. I'm not sure if it means 100% of the class or just the students who attempted it (hopefully all of them?). It would be interesting to find an independent source though.
Yes, I'm a student there and they reported it in their news section on the school website. I'm not sure if it means 100% of the class or just the students who attempted it (hopefully all of them?). It would be interesting to find an independent source though.
I think last year's result scared everyone so they studied hard this time around!
Anybody know at what pass rate a school would get in trouble with the accreditation agency? 75%?
probably 60%s. I remember NY Touro got into trouble when they scored like 65% pass rate
probably 60%s. I remember NY Touro got into trouble when they scored like 65% pass rate
Multi years of low score needed
Has acpe ever fined a school for low score?
Lol has a pharmacy school ever closed?
Lol has a pharmacy school ever closed?
I can't tell if you are serious. The answer is pretty famously yes. Well, famous on SDN anyway 😉
I can't tell if you are serious. The answer is pretty famously yes. Well, famous on SDN anyway 😉
Thank you for the shout out!
Read it all here ladies and gentlemen:
P1 hicp students
Hi, Is any one in here currently in the Hawaii School of Pharmacy? If so, would you mind sharing your experience of the first semester there? I'm just curious...Thankx :)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for the shout out!
Read it all here ladies and gentlemen:
![]()
P1 hicp students
Hi, Is any one in here currently in the Hawaii School of Pharmacy? If so, would you mind sharing your experience of the first semester there? I'm just curious...Thankx :)forums.studentdoctor.net
Wow, amazing read! What happened to the studebts!?
Wow, amazing read! What happened to the studebts!?
The students left the island with a bag of debt and without any credit since the school wasn't accredited. I am sure it was a painful experience. Back then, pharmacy school was hot. Everybody was applying. The founders took advantage of the situation and milked the students.
It was pretty obvious the founders were committing fraud. The sad part is...government and accreditation agency took over a year to really do anything about it. The ACPE dropped the ball big time. They let a school opened without any form of accreditation.
Double digits in failure is abysmal no matter the program in CA. And defenders of these programs don't hide behind the delusion of sampling variability.
What should happen to these schools? Who gets to decide?
Double digits in failure is abysmal no matter the program in CA. And defenders of these programs don't hide behind the delusion of sampling variability.
Yeah especially UCSF. What happened to this school?
Yeah especially UCSF. What happened to this school?
Saturation happened!
Yeah especially UCSF. What happened to this school?
Isn’t SF becoming a 3 year program?
I dont think you even need to go to pharmacy school to pass the NAPLEX, def not the MPJE (CPJE) .....about 6 weeks intensive study, and you can do it. Ya gotta be a little on the sharp side obviously.....So whats up with all these kids failing the exams man? are they just not trying.... the entitled millenial attitude getting to them....they will pass it because they are special and simply should mentality. lol. And this is who is gonna be running my store when i split? lol... oh man...
These kids are not prepared for retail pharmacy (today) and i feel bad. The pace at which we move, and lack of help/resources means you HAVE to know how to do retail pharmacy VERY well in order to safely cut corners and make your day bearable. I see this kids SO overwhelmed, some have just quit outright. They also seriously lack leadership and communication qualities/skills. They are like little robots, glued to their phones. don't dare hug one, expressing emotions may set them off into a confused rage....lol. send an emoticon instead.
These kids are not prepared for retail pharmacy (today) and i feel bad. The pace at which we move, and lack of help/resources means you HAVE to know how to do retail pharmacy VERY well in order to safely cut corners and make your day bearable. I see this kids SO overwhelmed, some have just quit outright. They also seriously lack leadership and communication qualities/skills. They are like little robots, glued to their phones. don't dare hug one, expressing emotions may set them off into a confused rage....lol. send an emoticon instead.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 98
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 519