2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
man I really hope before may 1st, i'd love to commit to Einstein. Otherwise I have to choose between schools that I really don't want to go to

wait aren’t we allowed to stay on waitlists even if we select plan to enroll somewhere else?

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone done an online/zoom interview here and can give some tips and say about how long it was?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone think we’re gonna hear any decisions this week? I know it’s total speculation but anything to look forward to, right

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone think we’re gonna hear any decisions this week? I know it’s total speculation but anything to look forward to, right

I hope we hear back this week. I kinda just want it to be done with at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope we hear back this week. I kinda just want it to be done with at this point.
I wish they would at least give us an update of what's going on, or when we should expect to hear back, even if they can't make a decision right now. Being completely in the dark is just bringing me down and making me lose hope.

Last year they sent "still interested?" emails on a Thursday and then people got accepted on Monday, but who knows? (*me looking through last years thread like a crazy person)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they still interviewing? This late?
My interview was supposed to be in March, but my rescheduled zoom interview isn’t until next week. I’m assuming (and hoping for my sake a little haha) that this might delay them giving any decisions/pulling people off the waitlist until May 1st because they still haven’t interviewed everyone yet but who knows.

Interviewed early February after their first wave of email acceptances, and haven't heard anything since. Anyone else in the same boat/do you think we'll hear back before April 30?

Interviewed early February after their first wave of email acceptances, and haven't heard anything since. Anyone else in the same boat/do you think we'll hear back before April 30?
Welcome to the club old friend. Interviewed late Feb no response, no one has an idea when we might hear back, they won’t answer any phone calls or emails :)

Prayers that we hear something this week and that it’ll be good news

Reactions: 4 users
IDK if I even want to go here anymore it's been 10 days since I emailed them and haven't heard from them and they don't answer phone calls. If they're out of office, why not put an out of office email or voicemail??
And they say they are very receptive to students' needs...
just curious, what did you email them about?

Sent an update on Friday and just got an email saying it was acknowledged. But I also sent one tw months ago and never got an email reply

Sent an update on Friday and just got an email saying it was acknowledged. But I also sent one tw months ago and never got an email reply
I sent in an update too on Friday afternoon and got a response in about 10 minutes, so parts are definitely still moving along! I can only imagine that phones aren't working because people aren't at the office, and the admissions office email might be backed up sorting out decisions and post-pandemic interviews

I sent in an update too on Friday afternoon and got a response in about 10 minutes, so parts are definitely still moving along! I can only imagine that phones aren't working because people aren't at the office, and the admissions office email might be backed up sorting out decisions and post-pandemic interviews
I mean I understand this, it’s a difficult time for everyone and Monti is hit hard, and it’s hard to adjust. A week, 2 weeks of being backed up is acceptable, but it’s been like 7 weeks since any decisions were released. And honestly even before coronavirus they were known for being notoriously slow. It’s just frustrating

My responses have been in a timely fashion too! Doesn't make waiting for a decision any easier though :corny: (I am indeed stress nomming popcorn). All we can do is stay positive and keep each other informed as soon as some of these decisions start coming through:highfive:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody who received the "Rolling Admission: Follow-Up" on 4/16 and emailed Dean Kerrigan gotten a response from her? Acknowledgement of receipt?

Has anybody who received the "Rolling Admission: Follow-Up" on 4/16 and emailed Dean Kerrigan gotten a response from her? Acknowledgement of receipt?
I have not lol but just wondering when you say "emailed Dean Kerrigan" do you mean emailed her directly or emailed the admissions email?

I have not lol but just wondering when you say "emailed Dean Kerrigan" do you mean emailed her directly or emailed the admissions email?
I emailed her directly. The email I got says "However, if Einstein remains one of your top 3 choices, please email me, directly, by Friday, May 1." Maybe I should have cc'ed the admissions email?

Yes! They thanked me for my reply about an hour after I replied saying I was still interested

Now I know how those people feel who interviewed back in like Nov/Dec and didn’t hear back until like Feb/March lol

I sent it directly to her on Thursday and she responded like an hour or two later saying she hoped to have good news for me soon

oh no no no now I'm freaking out lol I also replied to the email and said I was interested the day it was sent but NO RESPONSE FOR ME

oh no no no now I'm freaking out lol I also replied to the email and said I was interested the day it was sent but NO RESPONSE FOR ME
I wouldn't worry, there's clearly a lot of inconsistency (even between the responses that were given out).

I sent a direct email saying AECOM remains to be my top 3 and that I wish to stay on the wl. Didn't get a response. Hopefully it doesn’t mean anything!!

I just sent an update letter in the same thread and got a response so feeling a bit better :)

Does anyone feel put off by the intense no-questions-asked deadlines set by Einstein despite the somewhat poor communication on their part?

Reactions: 3 users
If it’s any assurance to anyone; I think their hands are tied until at least the April 30th deadline where accepted applicants can officially commit to enroll and pay a deposit. Anyone that is currently accepted has until April 30th to pay a $100 deposit and secure their spot. Many accepted applicants will turn away the offer for other schools and this allows the admissions office to re-evaluate how many hovering acceptances there are, how many students have committed to enrolling and how many NEW acceptances need to be sent out to satisfy a desired enrollment. It’s just a numbers game, and this April 30th date is key for med schools to figure out where they stand in terms of their desired enrollment. Come April 30th, I anticipate their will be a new wave of acceptances sent out not just from Einstein but many med schools.

If it’s any assurance to anyone; I think their hands are tied until at least the April 30th deadline where accepted applicants can officially commit to enroll and pay a deposit. Anyone that is currently accepted has until April 30th to pay a $100 deposit and secure their spot. Many accepted applicants will turn away the offer for other schools and this allows the admissions office to re-evaluate how many hovering acceptances there are, how many students have committed to enrolling and how many NEW acceptances need to be sent out to satisfy a desired enrollment. It’s just a numbers game, and this April 30th date is key for med schools to figure out where they stand in terms of their desired enrollment. Come April 30th, I anticipate their will be a new wave of acceptances sent out not just from Einstein but many med schools.

You are correct however, Einstein has only accepted 200 people ish, or one class worth of students. Many other schools may choose to accept around double their matriculation by now, with waitlists topping off their numbers for a full class after April 30th. If Einstein waits until April 30th, they realistically will have only 50 people still committed from the February first round of decisions, maybe less. These are just rough numbers. In previous years, Einstein has accepted a second round of students by now to fill spots that were most likely vacated by students before the April 15th date. So, their hands are definitely not tied. They probably don’t have a full class of students. However, we are uncertain how much the pandemic is affecting them so this year should be flexible for everyone regardless. Every school operates differently with acceptances. It should be encouraging that there are still plenty of acceptances left!

Last edited:
You are correct however, Einstein has only accepted 200 people ish, or one class worth of students. Many other schools may choose to accept around double their matriculation by now, with waitlists topping off their numbers for a full class after April 30th. If Einstein waits until April 30th, they realistically will have only 50 people still committed from the February first round of decisions, maybe less. These are just rough numbers. In previous years, Einstein has accepted a second round of students by now to fill spots that were most likely vacated by students before the April 15th date. So, their hands are definitely not tied. They probably don’t have a full class of students. However, we are uncertain how much the pandemic is affecting them so this year should be flexible for everyone regardless. Every school operates differently with acceptances. It should be encouraging that there are still plenty of acceptances left!
I'm just curious, how do you know Einstein has only accepted 200 people?

Reactions: 2 users

So if they are waiting around to the 30th to release more acceptances/WL spots, people who are gonna receive an R should hear before then right?

I'm just curious, how do you know Einstein has only accepted 200 people?

It was mentioned during my interview day in February! They said they already accepted a whole class worth of students around 200 and that we would be receiving “high priority” or wait list after the February first acceptance day. They seem to have heavy yield protection or something which is probably why they ask if we have them in their top 3 before accepting us.

So if they are waiting around to the 30th to release more acceptances/WL spots, people who are gonna receive an R should hear before then right?

I honestly have no idea about the rejections. It seems that’s in waves too. But this year is very different than their normal schedule.

I honestly have no idea about the rejections. It seems that’s in waves too. But this year is very different than their normal schedule.
Hmm, at this point i'm just going to stop speculating and just go with the flow.

• Sad
I know that we can give up a “plan to enroll” spot after May 1st if we’re accepted off a waitlist, but what if we still haven’t even been placed on the waitlist before May 1?