2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No other news today then? I submitted an update yesterday and got a response saying it had been acknowledged.
Did you submit your update to Dina Nardi? Just wondering because I haven't received any responses to my updates so far. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Has any accepted applicant received an email about paying a deposit? I thought we were supposed to get one on the 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how many people have heard back recently. We know of the one R because we were updated but no As or any other movement. It seems they really only start sending out decisions close to deadlines. So I feel like the closer to april 30th the sooner we’d hear back. I’m def not used to waiting more than a month for a reply so this is new to me lmao
I'm just frustrated because if they wait too long I have to make a decision between two schools I'm not entirely in love with, and I'm worried I'll regret my decision. I just wish they would realize that we have so decisions that need to made in a timely matter. It's really disheartening. And same I'm not used to waiting this long.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
I'm just frustrated because if they wait too long I have to make a decision between two schools I'm not entirely in love with, and I'm worried I'll regret my decision. I just wish they would realize that we have so decisions that need to made in a timely matter. It's really disheartening. And same I'm not used to waiting this long.
I'm in the exact same boat! I want to blame their response time on the crisis but they were already like this before which sucks

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the exact same boat! I want to blame their response time on the crisis but they were already like this before which sucks
Yeah I mean it took me until December to get marked complete after submitting in August lol

• Angry
The timeline for this school is def weird. I subbed in August, got completed in January. Got the II the same day as completion. Interviewed a month later then nothing since. Only communication I received was when I emailed them and they said “Thank you for your email.”

Reactions: 1 user
couldn’t have said it better myself, this is incredibly stressful with 4/30 right around the corner

Members don't see this ad :)
The housing pamphlet is a little confusing...so it says that one bedroom apartments shared between two people and two bedroom apartments shared between 3 people. But I thought everyone got their own room?

Link: https://www.einstein.yu.edu/uploade...t-activities/orientation/housing-pamphlet.pdf
Yes! So it’s a one bedroom apartment but they convert one of the spaces into a room so that everyone has their own room and same goes for the two bedroom apartment. Somewhere on the Einstein page you’re able to see the layout of the rooms.

Yes! So it’s a one bedroom apartment but they convert one of the spaces into a room so that everyone has their own room and same goes for the two bedroom apartment
Oh awesome! So if you live with two other students rent only comes down to ~$430/month. That's amazing!

Could any current students comment on how supportive/communicative the administration here is once you’re a student? It sounds like a lot of us applicants (myself included) have had issues getting timely or any information this cycle and I totally understand COVID has made things more difficult, but I’m just wondering if this is common once you’re a student too? Einstein was my top choice if I get in (still waiting for my rescheduled zoom interview) but this lack of clear communication is making me hesitant vs. the other school I’m deciding between has been very transparent and supportive throughout this whole process.

Reactions: 4 users
Did everyone who received the “still interested?” email yesterday also get the rolling admissions email and the email that said “Needless to say, we are most proud of them, and proud that you, too, will join this wonderful group of future physicians”?

Reactions: 2 users
Could any current students comment on how supportive/communicative the administration here is once you’re a student? It sounds like a lot of us applicants (myself included) have had issues getting timely or any information this cycle and I totally understand COVID has made things more difficult, but I’m just wondering if this is common once you’re a student too? Einstein was my top choice if I get in (still waiting for my rescheduled zoom interview) but this lack of clear communication is making me hesitant vs. the other school I’m deciding between has been very transparent and supportive throughout this whole process.

This seems to just be an admissions thing based on my experience with the school. As another student commented early in the thread said, I agree that I have always felt very supported by admin here at Einstein and that they really do listen to student feedback and concerns. In the past they have moved various exams when a majority of students wanted to, or given the option to take one on different dates that aligned better with different student's schedules. Obviously our schedules for various things have had to change because of covid. Our admin has not made decisions about this unilaterally and instead has asked for feedback along the whole way and included students on their decision-making committees. Our class has had multiple town halls with admin to talk about plans moving forward and address questions.

Did everyone who received the “still interested?” email yesterday also get the rolling admissions email and the email that said “Needless to say, we are most proud of them, and proud that you, too, will join this wonderful group of future physicians”?
can't speak for anyone else, but i did

I did too

so for all of us who haven't heard anything since interviewing (i interviewed late feb), can we expect to hear by april 30? they have to give us some news before then--correct?

I did as well! Definitely seems we are on some kind of list. I just wish they’d tell us.

so for all of us who haven't heard anything since interviewing (i interviewed late feb), can we expect to hear by april 30? they have to give us some news before then--correct?
I'm curious to see if anyone interviewing after late february gets a direct A along with the HPLW people who got the "still interested" email

And yes? I think they have to tell everyone a decision by April 30?
That's not what they told me when I called. I was told that there's no set timeline and we could hear back up until matriculation :/

Anyone able to answer a few more housing questions? I was just curious when move-in typically is and if the dates are flexible. Also, do on-campus single apartments have a waitlist? Also also, how does the roommate selection work?

On a different note, how are we supposed to send updates again? I know there's been some contradictory things said about whether to include it as the body or an attachment of an email to Ms. Nardi

Anyone able to answer a few more housing questions? I was just curious when move-in typically is and if the dates are flexible. Also, do on-campus single apartments have a waitlist? Also also, how does the roommate selection work?

If I remember correctly move in is the weekend before orientation starts. If you do the summer biochem it's probably the weekend before that.

Yeah, there is a long waitlist for studio apartments, most people on it get one by M3. That's unless you're married/have a partner, or are an MD/PhD as they all get priority for studios.

Roommates are usually randomly assigned (there's some kind of application with various preferences you fill out to match people up) but I think you could probably request a roommate if you knew someone. You can get assigned other incoming M1s or upperclassmen who have a roommate vacancy. It usually tends to work out well - I've heard of very few people with roommate problems.

On a different note, how are we supposed to send updates again? I know there's been some contradictory things said about whether to include it as the body or an attachment of an email to Ms. Nardi
Either are fine! Some sent it as the body and some sent it as an attachment and both were fine.

• Love
If I remember correctly move in is the weekend before orientation starts. If you do the summer biochem it's probably the weekend before that.

Yeah, there is a long waitlist for studio apartments, most people on it get one by M3. That's unless you're married/have a partner, or are an MD/PhD as they all get priority for studios.

Roommates are usually randomly assigned (there's some kind of application with various preferences you fill out to match people up) but I think you could probably request a roommate if you knew someone. You can get assigned other incoming M1s or upperclassmen who have a roommate vacancy. It usually tends to work out well - I've heard of very few people with roommate problems.
Thanks! I am actually engaged, would my partner have to be a student there for me to get priority? Glad to hear roommates aren't usually an issue!

Thanks! I am actually engaged, would my partner have to be a student there for me to get priority? Glad to hear roommates aren't usually an issue!

Congrats on the engagement! Nope, partners/spouses who are not students can live on campus and have the same priority. You just need some paperwork with housing to prove your relationship if you're not married yet (if you're married you just need to send them a copy of your marriage license)

Congrats on the engagement! Nope, partners/spouses who are not students can live on campus and have the same priority. You just need some paperwork with housing to prove your relationship if you're not married yet (if you're married you just need to send them a copy of your marriage license)
Thanks! And thanks for the info, I'll look into that!

Einstein seriously needs to stop emailing me without giving me an acceptance first

Reactions: 7 users
EINSTEIN - Albert Einstein College of Medicine Holds Early Graduation to Help Confront COVID-19 Pandemic

Dear Einstein Community:

Today marks a very special occasion for the College of Medicine. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, over 100 of our fourth-year medical students have elected to graduate early etc...

I'm highly concerned that I'm not getting these emails

Reactions: 11 users