2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It seems like everyone who interviewed before February and heard back first week of February got a "wait list" (regular) rather than "Rolling Admissions" (HPWL) email. And that only from late February onwards did Einstein begin sending out the "Rolling Admisions" email out in addition to the "wait list" one. Am I right? Or did people who heard back before mid-February also receive HPWL ("rolling admissions") emails?

Also, best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back from any medical school :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Did you end up emailing?

I didn't...decided I would wait one more week since that will be >4 weeks at that point. When I do send, I'm debating mentioning that for the school I'm accepted at right now I have to change to "commit to enroll" by june 22. So even though I would go to Einstein over that school i would need to know like relatively soon haha

any advice on whether it's worth mentioning those commit to enroll dates to schools?

Accepted with $75K scholarship. Interviewed in Sept, Received HPWL email early March, Still interested email last saturday. Never received any of those other random emails some people got.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted with $75K scholarship. Interviewed in Sept, Received HPWL email early March, Still interested email last saturday. Never received any of those other random emails some people got.
Congratulations! Did you hear back today?

Congratulations!

Might be a silly question, but is that scholarship per year or sread out over all four years? No need to answer if you don’t feel like sharing.

Does anyone know Einstein’s CTE deadline?

Congratulations!

Might be a silly question, but is that scholarship per year or sread out over all four years? No need to answer if you don’t feel like sharing.

Does anyone know Einstein’s CTE deadline?
It's weird but from what I understand it would be $75K over 4 years but not evenly spread out.

Has there been people on the HPWL in previous years who were not eventually accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone ever get off from the regular waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
Is the class full? Is anyone else gonna be accepted? I am losing hope lol
They've been trickling out acceptances the past few days but it seems to be really slowing down, I assume they are waiting for spots to open up

Reactions: 1 user
it seems like waitlists are much slower this year especially NY schools dealing with COVID (understandably) i wonder if things will just be a bit later as things slow down a bit with NY hospitals COVID case-loads

Just withdrew this morning after committing elsewhere. Tough decision since I enjoyed my interview day. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 6 users
It sounds like people have been withdrawing so hopefully seats are opening

Reactions: 3 users
me to einstein

Attachments

• F2D0D937-03A8-4767-8CFF-F95BE2F10319.jpeg
    F2D0D937-03A8-4767-8CFF-F95BE2F10319.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 5 users
Just got an email that the "closed out my application" because they think it's unlikely many spots will become available in the coming weeks- I was on the WL (not high priority)

Just got an email that the "closed out my application" because they think it's unlikely many spots will become available in the coming weeks- I was on the WL (not high priority)
same! to all of the people reading this thread next year, don't be an idiot like me and hold out a ton of hope if you're on the regular WL (I think HPWL is a different story)

im also on regular waitlist but didn't get that email...not sure what to make of that

Oh thats sad. Did they do something like this last cycle?

for the people who received the WL Rejection email today, when were you placed on the WL?

for the people who received the WL Rejection email today, when were you placed on the WL?
I don’t think any of us on the WL were notified of being put on it, we just didn’t get rejected and didn’t get the HPWL email. I didn’t receive that email today either, wondering if it’s naive to keep hoping? How many spots do they have left..?

I don’t think any of us on the WL were notified of being put on it, we just didn’t get rejected and didn’t get the HPWL email. I didn’t receive that email today either, wondering if it’s naive to keep hoping? How many spots do they have left..?

I was put on the regular wait list in February and I didn’t get an email yesterday that my file was closed. The email was basically the same as HPWL but the subject of the email said WAITLIST instead of rolling admissions. Regardless I can’t imagine they have too many spots left so I’m trying to keep my expectations low

Anyone bold enough to email and ask if there's any movement predicted?

Did anyone that was accepted off the HPWL on 5/11 receive an email/ hear anything at all about housing forms?

I was on regular waitlist and got this email yesterday:
DB5963A0-22A3-4A48-B50B-98B9D483D1B0.png

• Sad
Has anyone with a late April interview hear back yet? Slowly losing hope at this point :(