2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else having trouble with the Acceptance Acknowledgement form? It says that my AMCASID is not found.
And @jakejake34 they give us 5 days as recommended by amcas
I did not have that problem, check spacing in case

Members don't see this ad.

Is Einstein especially receptive to LOIs? And can I phrase an LOI to be like "I'll come here if you give me the financial aid/scholarships that I've received from other schools"? Or should the LOI and money conversations be two separate things?

Basically I'd prefer Einstein to my other acceptances but only if it is at least as inexpensive- but I don't know how best to go about expressing that to them
Just one persons perspective but you should keep them separate, focus on getting in first, and just that!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a Facebook page for accepted students to chat? Like if students want to talk about potential housing issues?

Reactions: 1 users
OH MY GOD I JUST GOT AN A!!!!!! WITH A SCHOLARSHIP OFFER!!!
Just cried in the car with my mom on the way to work.... can’t believe it
I would like to thank everyone on this thread for keeping me updated through this process! I’m ecstatic
Any other accepted students receive financial aid info? I filled out the forms as requested last week but didn't get a package yet.

Question for the accepted, Einstein should have the background check Certiphi thing right? There’s nothing new we have to do with that? It’s automatically added to newly accepted schools as long as we filled it out before?

Any other accepted students receive financial aid info? I filled out the forms as requested last week but didn't get a package yet.
I didn't receive any yet either. It might depend on when you responded to their financial aid office.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a Facebook page for accepted students to chat? Like if students want to talk about potential housing issues?
It exists, but it seems to be the most dead facebook group i've seen from all med schools. There has been maybe two posts and it was made months ago

• Haha
I don't have a fb, so I'm wondering if there's a groupme

Congrats to everyone who got in today! Anyone who interviewed mid to late april hear back?

A couple of questions:

1) Does Tina Crane send a confirmation email when we send in the Health Form?
2) Has anyone recieved the housing form yet?
3) Who do we send our final official transcripts to?

Does anyone know how long it typically takes for Certiphi to complete your background check? I'm nervous that they may not process it in the 5 day window we are given.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long it typically takes for Certiphi to complete your background check? I'm nervous that they may not process it in the 5 day window we are given.
I didn't even get an email from them yet. I filled out a background check through them for a different school earlier in the year and I think it only took a few days.

I didn't even get an email from them yet. I filled out a background check through them for a different school earlier in the year and I think it only took a few days.

I didn't receive an email from Einstein about it either. But, I searched "Certiphi" in my email, and found the email I got after I received my first acceptance. Apparently I never completed it, so I submitted it today. If Certiphi already completed your background check, is it possible to simply release it to Einstein?

Anyone who got accepted yesterday get their financial aid package yet? I know they only gave 5 days to make a decision so they should give it out soon right?

Anyone who got accepted yesterday get their financial aid package yet? I know they only gave 5 days to make a decision so they should give it out soon right?
They sent me a package a few minutes ago and it was literally all loans

Reactions: 2 users
A couple of questions:

1) Does Tina Crane send a confirmation email when we send in the Health Form?
2) Has anyone recieved the housing form yet?
3) Who do we send our final official transcripts to?

Following this. Does anyone know if we send official transcript to admissions or to a different email address?

Also to answer you second question, I heard that housing forms where gonna be sent out in late May. Not sure about its veracity though.

I emailed the finaid office yesterday to ask and they said they'd be sending one "shortly"

Was your package for both fall 2020 and spring 2021? I got my package but it only covered half of my need (with loans of course) and is only visible for fall of 2020.
They sent me a package a few minutes ago and it was literally all loans

They give five days to accept the admission offer?

Just got the rolling admissions email! Zoom interview in early April.

Has anyone emailed the office of admissions and received a response?

A few hours after I got my financial aid, they sent me an email about a scholarship I am beyond excited and speechless

Reactions: 9 users
A few hours after I got my financial aid, they sent me an email about a scholarship I am beyond excited and speechless
That’s so exciting! Congratulations!!

• Love
Do we think there is gonna be more waitlist movement?
I think so, they’re giving 5 days for people who got accepted yesterday to accept their admissions. So I think Pretty soon there will be movement, this is all speculation though.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! Does anyone know where we send the transcripts or if we can send it through electronic pdf? Thanks!

My heart sank and I felt like i was gonna pass out, which was probably a side effect of fasting all day, but still. Oof

Reactions: 4 users
Got this email but the notification was just scary lmao

Attachments

• 92E74062-6AFE-4BEA-8AD3-BDA05505156B.jpeg
    92E74062-6AFE-4BEA-8AD3-BDA05505156B.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 299
I’m sure this has been answered before, but how exactly do you know whether you’ve been places on the HPWL or regular waitlist?? any guidance would be much appreciated ◡̈

I’m sure this has been answered before, but how exactly do you know whether you’ve been places on the HPWL or regular waitlist?? any guidance would be much appreciated ◡̈
People have said a decision with the email subject ROLLING ADMISSIONS is HPWL, and the other regular is WAITLIST. But all speculation as they have never actually stated that

if your email said “Rolling Admissions status”, then it was assumed to be on HPWL. If it said “Waitlist” then that meant waitlist essentially.

Does anyone know if the on-campus apartments come furnished?

Does anyone know if the on-campus apartments come furnished?

They do not. They come with fridge, stove, overhead lights in kitchen, bathroom, and living room but not bedrooms (bring a lamp!) but otherwise unfurnished. If you get assigned upperclass roommates they will probably have common areas already furnished. There is a facebook group called Einstein COM Marketplace where upperclassmen will sell furniture and stuff super cheap so that's a great option (also a great place to buy cheap textbooks).

Regular waitlist email a few days ago :/ Sending a letter of intent today. Anybody have an idea what my chances are?

Regular waitlist email a few days ago :/ Sending a letter of intent today. Anybody have an idea what my chances are?

Hi there,
According to MSAR, there are 275 waitlist positions offered and 75 applicants are offered admission off of it. I do think those numbers represent both HPWL and WL combined.

Best of luck!

I just received an email from admissions that I haven't submitted my acknowledgement of acceptance nor the technical standards form, even though I submitted them on their website on 5/11. I never received a confirmation which I thought was weird but I did it multiple times (just to be safe) so I'm not sure what else to do. I'm in full panic mode and admissions hasn't gotten back to me yet and I can't lose this acceptance ... Please help!!!!! I

I just received an email from admissions that I haven't submitted my acknowledgement of acceptance nor the technical standards form, even though I submitted them on their website on 5/11. I never received a confirmation which I thought was weird but I did it multiple times (just to be safe) so I'm not sure what else to do. I'm in full panic mode and admissions hasn't gotten back to me yet and I can't lose this acceptance ... Please help!!!!! I
email the dean

I received confirmation emails for everything so I'd email Dina Nardi, she seems to respond pretty quickly to emails.