2019-2020 LECOM-E Post Bacc (Masters program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the application it says to not make it longer than the space provided within that box. That is how long I would keep it and kept it myself.

My caution with that is the variable space that it is. It says to keep it "without having to scroll". Different computers, monitors, and such will radically change that standard.

I think those instructions were mainly for the punitive questions, as one shouldn't have that lengthy of an explanation regarding most of the questions. In fact, the longer for some - the less likely you would fit for the program i.e. trouble with the law question.

Before you sell yourself short, be extremely certain. I was going to reach out until I saw posters from here on other years doing a roughly 1 single spaced page.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I'm a bit confused about the post-bacc to MMS transition. Do we just use the post-bacc application for now? Or do we use the MMS application?

Last edited:
Hey guys. I'm a bit confused about the post-bacc to MMS transition. Do we just use the post-bacc application for now? Or do we use the MMS application?

You use the PB application for Erie. The MMS that is listed online right now is for Bradenton FL. Use the PB, they are in the process of transitioning it to MMS.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone from around the area? I’m looking into apartments and was just trying to know where not to rent from lol.

Currently thinking about applying to the masters in medical science for 2019-2020. Im finishing up my bachelors this semester and some prereqs. Would it be better to wait to apply once I finish my degree early May ? Or just apply once I take the GRE in the beginning of April?

As for when the programs start when does The Masters in Lake Erie start? As well as Brandenton

Currently thinking about applying to the masters in medical science for 2019-2020. Im finishing up my bachelors this semester and some prereqs. Would it be better to wait to apply once I finish my degree early May ? Or just apply once I take the GRE in the beginning of April?

I would apply sooner rather than later, you can always use your GPA along with your AIS (SAT+GPA combined score) to score an acceptance to the program. The program starts in August for Erie, and I believe Bradenton is an August start as well.

Official acceptance letter came in the mail, will more than likely be accepting and attending in August, barring a miracle interview invite at Lecom that turns into an acceptance (highly unlikely but fingers crossed).

Reactions: 1 users
Official acceptance letter came in the mail, will more than likely be accepting and attending in August, barring a miracle interview invite at Lecom that turns into an acceptance (highly unlikely but fingers crossed).

Where do you live? I still have not received my official letter.

I would apply sooner rather than later, you can always use your GPA along with your AIS (SAT+GPA combined score) to score an acceptance to the program. The program starts in August for Erie, and I believe Bradenton is an August start as well.

As for when the programs start when does The Masters in Lake Erie start? As well as Brandenton

Erie start in August (beginning) and Bradenton in July (beginning after 4th of July week).

Members don't see this ad :)
I also still have not received mine and I’m only 3 hours away.

I got it today! (The letter that is). I already know it is an acceptance since they emailed first this year due to the program change. But it looks like I am going to Bradenton FL instead.

For those who have been accepted, did you get an email saying a decision has been made prior to receiving your acceptance letter? I am really worried because jamie emailed me and let me know when they were reviewing my application and I haven't heard back. Not an email or letter. It's been four days. My stats are not that great but it definitely is higher than the required minimum in both MCAT and GPA.

For those who have been accepted, did you get an email saying a decision has been made prior to receiving your acceptance letter? I am really worried because jamie emailed me and let me know when they were reviewing my application and I haven't heard back. Not an email or letter. It's been four days. My stats are not that great but it definitely is higher than the required minimum in both MCAT and GPA.

I received an early email saying I was accepted, probably a week and a half later I received my acceptance in the mail. Don't be too worried, 4 days isn't much time for a review, it may take a little longer than that. If its helpful I applied in early December before they began reviews in January, and only received my letter this past week.

Will they accept they GRE scores? I know for a fact that the masters program at Brandenton does allow for it

Hello all,
for those applying to the Erie location, do we still have to send our transcripts out to Florida or is it to Erie?

I think we got the first acceptances because we applied before reviews began. I applied way back in October. I hear it usually takes about a week for a review and since there is a big program change it might take a little longer because they’ve got a lot on their plates currently.

I received an early email saying I was accepted, probably a week and a half later I received my acceptance in the mail. Don't be too worried, 4 days isn't much time for a review, it may take a little longer than that. If its helpful I applied in early December before they began reviews in January, and only received my letter this past week.

Okay, thank you so much. I am just worried because those who have gotten acceptance seem like their stats are really good and I applied here because I know my GPA is subpar. My MCAT is pretty good though so I just hope they give me a chance.

I think we got the first acceptances because we applied before reviews began. I applied way back in October. I hear it usually takes about a week for a review and since there is a big program change it might take a little longer because they’ve got a lot on their plates currently.

Okay, thanks. I hope they send me out something. I got an email from Jamie this morning that my decision would be sent through mail. I am a nervous wreck right now. Ugh.

Okay, thanks. I hope they send me out something. I got an email from Jamie this morning that my decision would be sent through mail. I am a nervous wreck right now. Ugh.
Don’t worry too much they have pretty good turn around time. As long as the rest of your app is great I wouldn’t worry. I have a great GPA but an extremely below average MCAT. I had to use my ACT for an AIS score. They look at applicants very holistically. You’ll be fine

After I submitted my application, the email I got back said that they needed one letter of rec from my professor, but on the list for the masters program (1 year dental track) it says you need 2. Anyone else noticing something?

After I submitted my application, the email I got back said that they needed one letter of rec from my professor, but on the list for the masters program (1 year dental track) it says you need 2. Anyone else noticing something?
You have to look under the post bac still, the requirements are there instead of the MMS. I believe MMS one is for Bradenton this year only because they’re still changing things. So only one is required this year but next year it will probably match Bradenton’s 2 LOR

Got my acceptance letter to Erie in the mail two days ago. Mr. Murphy was nice enough to email me about three weeks ago informing me of the decision, and that there may be a delay in sending out the letter due to recently switching to MMS.

Anyone in the process of looking at apts?

Reactions: 1 users
Got my acceptance letter to Erie in the mail two days ago. Mr. Murphy was nice enough to email me about three weeks ago informing me of the decision, and that there may be a delay in sending out the letter due to recently switching to MMS.

Anyone in the process of looking at apts?
Currently looking, seem decently priced. Might make a visit up soon to look at some. Some people on the old thread from last year gave advice on where to not live etc. so I’m probably going to follow up on that lol.

Recently accepted to Erie MMS, am very interested in attending. I think I am more interested in the Brandenton campus though. Emailed Jamie asking since they are both masters if my LOR and application could be transferred to their admissions services, unless anyone has an answer to this?

Recently accepted to Erie MMS, am very interested in attending. I think I am more interested in the Brandenton campus though. Emailed Jamie asking since they are both masters if my LOR and application could be transferred to their admissions services, unless anyone has an answer to this?

I also asked about this. He told me that if I was no longer interested in the Erie campus he could send all application materials to Brandenton. If you want to be considered for both locations, you'd have to submit a separate application for Bradenton.

Monday August 5th, 2019 orientation and classes begin. Just got my admissions packet emailed to me and figured some might be interested when classes begin! Looking forward to meeting some of my future class mates.

Is Jamie Murphy the one who reviews our applications? Or is that just who we send our transcripts and LORs to?

Also, for those that have heard back already, when did you apply and get your acceptance?

I was trying to send my MCAT score electronically but they do not show up on the list. Do I have to print the report and send it to admission myself?

Also, for those that have heard back already, when did you apply and get your acceptance?
I applied in October and got the first round of acceptances. It usually will take a week or so to get a response them a little bit for your answer to come in the mail

I was trying to send my MCAT score electronically but they do not show up on the list. Do I have to print the report and send it to admission myself?
No you do it electronically. What exactly do you mean it doesn’t show up on the list?

Quick question guys. How do you submit your SAT score report? I can't seem to find a clear explanation for it.

Edit: One more question! For the experiences section of the application, it states "You must submit a resume if you have more then two relevant employer or volunteer experiences to:" Does this mean if you have only two experiences you don't need to submit a separate resume?

Last edited:
So question for those of you who have already applied. I just got my email with my account information and was told that the MMS program is administered at the Bradenton campus. Does the Erie location not do the MMS?

So question for those of you who have already applied. I just got my email with my account information and was told that the MMS program is administered at the Bradenton campus. Does the Erie location not do the MMS?
Currently Erie switching from post bac health science to MMS. However you still need to apply for post bacc because they did not update their portal and website