2019-2020 LECOM-E Post Bacc (Masters program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello, I am adding my classes to the grades portal for the MMS @ Erie and I took some classes during high school for dual enrollment. What did you guys put under "Semester"? I am thinking it would be "GR" meaning grade?
My college transcript lists the college credits credits i took in high school under fall of freshman year so i listed it as FR1 semester. Im not sure if its the same for you bc dual enrollment.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if LECOM Erie is accepting GRE scores instead of the MCAT? I see they are for Brandenton but its not listed under Erie.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to make sure I read the email correctly: since I applied to LECOMs DO program through aacomas I don't have to send in LORs or grades?

Very interested in applying to this program. Does the application process change at all if you've applied to their medical school for fall 2019? Or do you fill out the application as it is laid out after you inquire?

Very interested in applying to this program. Does the application process change at all if you've applied to their medical school for fall 2019? Or do you fill out the application as it is laid out after you inquire?
Yeah pretty sure you don't have to submit LORs or enter grades

Would you recommend to just contact them by phone/email to see if they can pull everything from the prior DO application ?
I asked Jamie Murphy and he said they use your aacomas. And the email says "You do not need to enter your grades if you applied to LECOM through AACOMAS or AADSAS."

So if you didn't apply to LECOMs DO program then I guess you have to put everything in

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know you had to do anything extra for them to get your grades from AACOMAS. How are you pulling them from AACOMAS?
Just going to contact Jamie Murphy so they are aware there is an account through AACOMAS so they know to look for it. Atleast that’s what the admissions office told me while he’s been out of town.

Reactions: 1 user
On the portal it says we need two letters of recommendation from science professors. However, for the post bacc application it had stated we only needed one letter of rec for application purposes. I am confused on what exactly is their policy. Can someone clarify?

On the portal it says we need two letters of recommendation from science professors. However, for the post bacc application it had stated we only needed one letter of rec for application purposes. I am confused on what exactly is their policy. Can someone clarify?
You would only need one. Since they are in the process of switching from a postbacc to MMS, they are still using the requirements for the postbacc which is one science letter.

You would only need one. Since they are in the process of switching from a postbacc to MMS, they are still using the requirements for the postbacc which is one science letter.

Thank you! I was worried because I submitted my application today and only had one professor writing a letter for me. I didn't know if I had to ask someone else right away or not.

Former postbacc, current MS4, future internal med resident chiming in.

The postbacc program definitely got me to where I needed to be. The classes are very, very doable provided you put in the work and don't slack off. Unless they've changed anything drastically, you will have more then enough time to study since your in class for about 3-4 hours a day. Go into the program like it's your M1 year, not a 5th year of college and whatever you do, don't fall behind! Alot of my closest friends in med school were my fellow postbacc classmates so definitely help each other out. Good luck and can't wait to meet more postbacc alums in the future!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know the start date for the program? I know it's sometime in August.

Hello, I want to apply to this program. But I haven’t taken my mcat. I’m taking it in the end of May. Do you guys think if I will apply now and then submit my scores in June will be too late to be accepted into program?

Hello, I want to apply to this program. But I haven’t taken my mcat. I’m taking it in the end of May. Do you guys think if I will apply now and then submit my scores in June will be too late to be accepted into program?

If your AIS score is above 110 then you can apply with that.
I heard that one student was accepted into the program a week after it started so I don't think its ever too late

For those who applied to LECOM in Eerie, did you guys get a confirmation email coming from Bradenton? Also who do we send the resume to? I cannot find the office of admissions email anywhere.

For those accepted, did they give you a time frame to pay a deposit to hold a seat and if so how much was the deposit ?

For those accepted, did they give you a time frame to pay a deposit to hold a seat and if so how much was the deposit ?
I believe I had a bit more than 3 weeks from the day I received the letter in the mail to pay a deposit. Deposit was $50.

For those who applied to LECOM in Eerie, did you guys get a confirmation email coming from Bradenton? Also who do we send the resume to? I cannot find the office of admissions email anywhere.

I received this too. I talked to Jamie though and he said it was fine. I'm pretty sure this is due to them transitioning to the MMS. All of my stuff went to Erie. You can check in the LECOM portal. Go to the admissions tab and then click on view admissions status and it should have LECOM Erie listed but your status would be blank unless you've heard otherwise.

Just submitted. Hoping for the best! Really nervous though.
cGPA: 3.13, sGPA: 3.23, MCAT: 503, AIS: 119

Reactions: 3 users
You guys are lucky to be in state. I’m from Texas so either campus will be a move for me.

Did you apply to any of the Texas programs?
I didn’t get into any of the Texas dental schools as of now competitive they are since they are the cheapest schools. The only program Texas have is the Texas A&M post bacc program. I didn’t get into the program and there’s only 16 spots and they prefer minorities of the dental field. Other master programs don’t really affiliate with any dental schools. I’d rather go to a program that at least guarantee me an interview.

Does anyone know the med school acceptance rate after completion?

I'm not sure they ever published numbers involving matriculation from the program directly to the med program, I haven't been able to find much info on their site. Previous years threads rumor about half of a class maintains the 3.2 required to make it to the medical program. But from my limited understanding, as long as you maintain the 3.2 GPA and follow the rules for the entirety of your stay you are accepted following the interview.

For those who were accepted/denied, after submitting your application, how many days did it take for you to hear back on a decision?