2019-2020 Postdoc Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you so much!!! I'm all caught up and ready for what I believe will be a very busy week on the thread! Or at least it better be - I'm waiting on several sites now and the due dates passed last week!
Fingers crossed it's also busy - I'm tired of waiting hahah.

Also, did anyone else check the updated list and then breathe a huge sigh of relief when the site(s) you're still waiting on weren't posted, meaning that hope is still alive?!?
giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Sooo is today a holiday for most places or do I need to be glued to my phone again?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought last week would be busy but I still have 7 sites that I haven't heard from! It also seems like the forum itself is quieter this year than last year's thread in terms of posting notifications.

Reactions: 2 users
Holiday for VAs and universities. So very loosely glued.

I thought last week would be busy but I still have 7 sites that I haven't heard from! It also seems like the forum itself is quieter this year than last year's thread in terms of posting notifications.

Lol every Monday, my office mate and I are like “this is the week, this is going to be the week!”...still waiting

Reactions: 1 users
Lol every Monday, my office mate and I are like “this is the week, this is going to be the week!”...still waiting
I totally get it! I professed one day last week that 'today is the day because I had a dream that said so' and then was very, very cranky when today did not, in fact, turn out to be the day.

Regardless, won't stop me tomorrow from being all
giphy.gif

Reactions: 9 users
Welp, heard from one site, a hospital HMO. No day is safe.

University of Virginia-- Dept. of Neurology
Invite for INS Interview
Neuropsychology Track

Emails something to self. Tells self to not freak out when the email alert sound goes off a few minutes later.

Still has a stroke when the email notification alert goes off.

Happy Tuesday, y'all.

Hi all. Has anyone heard anything about Emory's neuropsych postdoc?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. Has anyone heard anything about Emory's neuropsych postdoc?
Only that they received my application, which was at the beginning of the month.

MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
Neuropsychology
Invite 1/22
Personal email
Onsite, INS, and V-tel interviews offered

VA Northern California (Martinez)
Neuropsychology
Rejection 1/18
Mass email that did not BCC the recipients :(

MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
Neuropsychology
Invite 1/22
Personal email
Onsite, INS, and V-tel interviews offered

VA Northern California (Martinez)
Neuropsychology
Rejection 1/18
Mass email that did not BCC the recipients :(

I also got rejected from VA Martinez neuro.... they were not nice about that email in regards to that BCC blast lol (kind of telling about what kind of program it is to be honest)

Program: Stanford (child clinical track)
Rejection
How: Personal email
Date notified: 01/22
Coping: this one stung so treating myself to shake shack and law and order.

UCLA Semel Institute
Track: Brain Injury & Sports Concussions Track
Rejection? They sent a really poorly formatted email that just said "position filled" without interviewing...that's like my third site that didn't even bother interviewing. What a let down.
Coping: Realizing slowly that there are so few spots, even when you do get the interview to begin with.

Also to the VA Martinez neuropsychology folks, I was also on that list. Incredibly unprofessional. Oh well, their loss right?

When you're only asked one question and there's "no right answer" :shrug:

Gulf Coast VA
Underserved Track
Invitation 1/22
Personal Email
Coping: Chillin’ with the fam

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I totally get it! I professed one day last week that 'today is the day because I had a dream that said so' and then was very, very cranky when today did not, in fact, turn out to be the day.

Regardless, won't stop me tomorrow from being all
giphy.gif
Y'ALL. TODAY *WAS* THE DAY!!!!!!

Officially done waiting so I can now focus all my energy on crossing my fingers and toes for everyone else still waiting to hear and those of us interviewing. We got this, fam!
giphy.gif

Reactions: 12 users
Y'ALL. TODAY *WAS* THE DAY!!!!!!

Officially done waiting so I can now focus all my energy on crossing my fingers and toes for everyone else still waiting to hear and those of us interviewing. We got this, fam!
giphy.gif

Congrats!! I heard from a couple today, but still 3 to go. So close!

Memphis VA
Invite for INS Interview
Neuropsychology Track

KU - Wichita
Invite for INS Interview
Neuropsychology Track

Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Invite for INS Interview
Neuropsychology Track

Reactions: 3 users
I also got rejected from VA Martinez neuro.... they were not nice about that email in regards to that BCC blast lol (kind of telling about what kind of program it is to be honest)

Totally agree and ended up not feeling bad I got rejected!

UCLA Semel Institute
Rejection? They sent a really poorly formatted email that just said "position filled" without interviewing...that's like my third site that didn't even bother interviewing. What a let down.
Coping: Realizing slowly that there are so few spots, even when you do get the interview to begin with.

Also to the VA Martinez neuropsychology folks, I was also on that list. Incredibly unprofessional. Oh well, their loss right?

Super unprofessional. Let’s just say I happen to know that site very well and we all dodged a bullet for sure :bored:

Trying to get some info for a friend....Anyone heard/know of anyone who has heard from either Lovell (North Chicago) or Jesse Brown VA? Or anyone who applied and hasn't heard? Thanks!

Trying to get some info for a friend....Anyone heard/know of anyone who has heard from either Lovell (North Chicago) or Jesse Brown VA? Or anyone who applied and hasn't heard? Thanks!

I know someone who applied to all the Chicago VAs and as of Friday hadn’t heard anything

Hi everyone! Wanting to hear your thoughts. If an application was due on 1/1, would you give them more time, reach out to inquire about your status, or would you just assume that no news is no interview at this point?

UCLA Semel Institute

I feel the same here with regards to the competitiveness of neuro-sites. Not sure what the typical number of interviews most applying to neuro postdocs will have during INS

Finally after 2 weeks of silence!

Hartford Hospital/Institute of Living
Track: Adult Neuro
Notified: Mass Email 1/23
Dates: INS 1/19 or 1/20 various times

University of West Virginia
Notified: Mass Email 1/23
Dates: INS 1/19 or 1/20 various times

JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
Track: Adult Rehab
Notified: Personal Email 1/23
Dates: TBD

Coping: pizza & 90's movies

Hi everyone! Wanting to hear your thoughts. If an application was due on 1/1, would you give them more time, reach out to inquire about your status, or would you just assume that no news is no interview at this point?

I would give a bit more time. I just heard back on Friday (one acceptance, one rejection) from sites with 12/15 and 12/30 deadlines. That being said, I don’t think that it would hurt to reach out! They must understand that we have patients to reschedule and travel to coordinate so the uncertainty is pretty difficult...

So why are all of these interviews, even the phone/skype ones, on Tuesday and Thursday?? Some Wednesday. haha I don't have my phone with me at work and I commute like an hour...so I have to take almost a whole day off for a 2 hour phone interview. :bang:

So stressful.

Emory Rehab
Track- Adult Neuro
Notified- Email 1/23
Rejection

Has anyone heard back from LIJ/Northwell’s neuropsychology track?

Cambridge Health Alliance: Child and Adolescent Acute Track
Generic email on 1/24
Offered 2/5,2/6,2/8,2/12, and 2/14

Do they email about each track separately?? Still waiting to hear re: Victims of Violence track!

Cambridge Health Alliance: Child and Adolescent Acute Track
Generic email on 1/24
Offered 2/5,2/6,2/8,2/12, and 2/14

Do they email about each track separately?? Still waiting to hear re: Victims of Violence track!

Haha well there goes hope that I got that interview! I don't even mind though, just ready to move on from notifications. =)

Congrats btw!

Has anyone heard from
- Henry Ford
- Ann Arbor VA
- Bay Pines
- Minneapolis
- Crescenz VA (Philly)

For Neuro?

Me: it is weird I haven’t heard from program X when according to the forum they consistently notify either way. Maybe I should check my spam

My phone:

Attachments

• 8B19B9A5-B7D7-4AE5-A5A4-6E76AB4B5835.jpeg
    8B19B9A5-B7D7-4AE5-A5A4-6E76AB4B5835.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 139
Me: it is weird I haven’t heard from program X when according to the forum they consistently notify either way. Maybe I should check my spam

My phone:

Maybe follow up with them, can't hurt!

My phone:
This comment reminded me to check my spam since I haven't in a while. Thank goodness because that's where all my notifications were all along!

lol I wish :(

This comment reminded me to check my spam since I haven't in a while. Thank goodness because that's where all my notifications were all along!

lol I wish :(
I wish I could convey the tone in which I read ‘welp nothing in spam’

Kaiser Northern California
Track: Neuropsychology/Rehabilitation
Phone Call Invite
Dates: Flexible from 2/6-2/14 to visit site. Orientations at SF Campus on 2/7 and 2/14.
Coping: Am not.

Last edited:
University of Virginia School of Medicine & Western State Hospital
Notified: Personalized e-mail 1/25
Interview Dates: TBD