2019 Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WesternU COMP-NW

FM-27
IM-21
EM-18
Peds-7
Psych-5
Derm-4
OB-3
Gen Surg-3
Neuro-3
Anesthesia-2
Child Neuro-1
IR-1

Reactions: 9 users
Never really thought about this because it is so far off (and possibly never even happening) for me, but where/when can we learn about fellowship matches?

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on a couple of things. e.g. optho match at Brown... That is top notch.

Brown is a low tier ophtho program... around 2015 or so they were under probation by ACGME, as well.

Brown is a low tier ophtho program... around 2015 or so they were under probation by ACGME, as well.

you're the worst lol.

Reactions: 20 users
Can you imagine this guy at parties???

Reactions: 21 users
For anyone pissing on the kid who matched Brown Ophtho (still rolling my eyes): A. its university ACGME B. it is ophtho C. they accept 2-3 residents per year and D. their program is currently all MDs. That is an accomplishment

Reactions: 26 users
Guess you won't be applying there eh? Brown ophtho = ophtho and thus a fantastic match and I'm sure a very happy candidate. Plus it doesn't matter because he or she will be an ophthalmologist after finishing training which is potentially more than you can say for yourself.

Lol. Ophtho is one of the smallest specialties in medicine. Anyone to match this is amazing regardless if it is the worst program in the country.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys you leave the local wet blanket alone! You don't know how much commitment it takes to be the SDN DO version of Eeyore. He's truly a martyr!

Reactions: 4 users
Sensitivities run high in the DO match threads.

Reactions: 9 users
does anyone have any actual match lists to share

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone have any actual match lists to share

DO Match lists notoriously take forever to be posted. People are still scrambling post AOA and ACGME match.

Reactions: 7 users
Might be a week or so for my school. They usually take their sweet time. Plus ... heard we had a lot of soap action

Yo I see your cynical and negative comments about how DO is not competent all over the SDN threads. Are you even good enough to apply to any optho program and match? Probably not because you are busy wasting your time bitch talking about DO professions instead of improving your app or competency in general. Actually, what's more important for you is to learn how to be humble and respect others, because I would certainly HATE to have an arrogant, big-headed doctor who mistakenly think he is ruling over other healthcare professions just by the glorious title behind his name [Yes I mean YOU]. You need to realize there are MANY DO students who are intelligent, smart, friendly, humble, fun and well-rounded than you ever can imagine; and I bet a lot of them are favored by the PDs over you. So please just go away. We DOs don't need to be constantly reminded how we are facing some discrimination by the top-notch programs/PD because when we entered this field, we already knew this, and we were ready to do extra work to be in the same line as our MD colleagues.

Reactions: 13 users
Yo I see your cynical and negative comments about how DO is not competent all over the SDN threads. Are you even good enough to apply to any optho program and match? Probably not because you are busy wasting your time bitch talking about DO professions instead of improving your app or competency in general. Actually, what's more important for you is to learn how to be humble and respect others, because I would certainly HATE to have an arrogant, big-headed doctor who mistakenly think he is ruling over other healthcare professions just by the glorious title behind his name [Yes I mean YOU]. You need to realize there are MANY DO students who are intelligent, smart, friendly, humble, fun and well-rounded than you ever can imagine; and I bet a lot of them are favored by the PDs over you. So please just go away. We DOs don't need to be constantly reminded how we are facing some discrimination by the top-notch programs/PD because when we entered this field, we already knew this, and we were ready to do extra work to be in the same line as our MD colleagues.

Unfortunately he is also a DO student.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe this can be the year we just report spam and trolling, and give it zero response?

How awesome would it be if we all just posted results?

I know I violated that suggestion but I’ve gone back and deleted my response and just reported both posts instead. I encourage everyone else to do the same!

Congrats to those who matched, sounds like a lot of folks have reason to celebrate!

Reactions: 8 users
It isn't my fault that the insane amount of sensitivity on this forum prevents you guys from even read what I was replying to. The guy hyped up Brown ophthalmology as "top notch". That isn't a thing. I do understand most DO students don't understand much about the specialty, which is why we saw another thread in which a resident corrected the hype about Brown. Now if you want to keep the personal attacks going to make yourself feel better, take your shots.
Top notch for DO. yes it is. Being a DO is a lot more difficult in the uber competitive specialties like Ophtho as you know. Proud of that kid whoever it is

Can we stick to posting match results please? Thanks. And if you have to discuss things, keep it civil and relevant. This isn't the thread to talk about how good or bad program x or program y is.

Top notch for DO. yes it is. Being a DO is a lot more difficult in the uber competitive specialties like Ophtho as you know. Proud of that kid whoever it is
That’s Sabs biggest folly. He doesn’t realize he’s the only one here comparing matches to Md schools. Everyone else seems to be on the same page making assessments in the context of a match being good for DO schools (not MD). He never seemed to get the memo.

Reactions: 6 users
That’s Sabs biggest folly. He doesn’t realize he’s the only one here comparing matches to Md schools. Everyone else seems to be on the same page making assessments in the context of a match being good for DO schools (not MD). He never seemed to get the memo.
I think this is the biggest thing. he’s comparing it to those hyper competitive schools

It isn't my fault that the insane amount of sensitivity on this forum prevents you guys from even read what I was replying to. The guy hyped up Brown ophthalmology as "top notch". That isn't a thing. I do understand most DO students don't understand much about the specialty, which is why we saw another thread in which a resident corrected the hype about Brown. Now if you want to keep the personal attacks going to make yourself feel better, take your shots.
If you think that’s a “personal attack” while simultaneously lamenting the sensitivity on this forum, you’re demonstrating a severe lack of self-awareness.

That said, I realize we’re not going to change your mind on these things.

If you think that’s a “personal attack” while simultaneously lamenting the sensitivity on this forum, you’re demonstrating a severe lack of self-awareness

Go read the posts above. It really is comical how sensitive this forum is.

Reactions: 1 users
ANNNNNNYWAY, moving along before this thread is locked.

As far as I’m concerned, any MD who goes into a DO match list thread strictly to say “acktually, that DO who matched a blisteringly competitive specialty at a well-recognized name isn’t THAT impressive” is just being a bully.

Well, that fell apart pretty fast. This is why we don't have the 2017 SOAP thread with the hot plastics match anymore. (where is it mods?)

Go read the posts above. It really is comical how sensitive this forum is.
People aren't being sensitive, you're just a jerk. We get it: you hate yourself for being in a DO school in the midwest and no amount of self deprecation or ****ting on your fellow classmates will change that. When it's your time to graduate and match, are you going to tell all of your friends their matches aren't impressive? I thought you were a cool dude, but the more I see your replies on SDN the more I see you're just toxic.

yikes dude. Brown is still an Ivy League name which means this is breaking new ground. Call me dumb but for a DO that's more impressive and less feasible then matching at Cleveland Clinic optho which is way higher on ranks. Not to sound hyperbolic but if Harvard Optho was ranked 100 on Doximity and a DO matched into it I'd like to think we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Reactions: 5 users
No list yet, and have only heard of a handful, but OSU-COM is looking to have a good year.

3 DO ortho
1 DO ENT
Interventional Radiology - Baylor Houston
Diagnostic Radiology - Vanderbilt
Integrated Plastics - Indiana

Will post the official match list as it arrives.

Update since we need more results and less trolling:

Every specialty offered at OSU-MC was matched by a OSU student except ENT ie: rads, ortho (x2), GS (multiple), OB (multiple), IM (multiple), FM (multiple) , ER (multiple) etc (as expected)

Peds - Nationwide Children's Ohio State, University of Arkansas, University of New Mexico. Should be noted, one of our peds matches interviewed at Mayo, CHOP, Boston Children's and other programs of the same caliber and matched at the top of their list at a program closer to their hometown that they ranked higher than the more prestigious places which was cool to me.

Rads: University of Arizona

ER: Wash U St. Louis

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
As someone who is interested in opthalmology yourself, it will be nice to reach out to your senior who matched into optho at brown and see how they can coach you. Channel your energy into making yourself the first DO to match into one of the top notch optho residencies in the country. And I will give you a pat on the back.

yikes dude. Brown is still an Ivy League name which means this is breaking new ground. Call me dumb but for a DO that's more impressive and less feasible then matching at Cleveland Clinic optho which is way higher on ranks. Not to sound hyperbolic but if Harvard Optho was ranked 100 on Doximity and a DO matched into it I'd like to think we wouldn't be having this discussion.

That is actually not correct. It is way more feasible to match at a program that does not get top applicants and has been in muddy water with the ACGME in recent times compared to matching at a renowned institute like Cole Eye (CCF Ophthalmology). Cole is very anti-DO and I know this for a fact, and they are one of the more prestigious programs in Ophthalmology, usually matching applicants from very good MD schools (Columbia, WashU, Case Western, Michigan, UChicago).

And Ivy League does not mean anything with regard to reputation of residency programs (or medical schools, for that matter).

An Ophtho resident discussed this issue in some detail in another thread.

People aren't being sensitive, you're just a jerk. We get it: you hate yourself for being in a DO school in the midwest and no amount of self deprecation or ****ting on your fellow classmates will change that. When it's your time to graduate and match, are you going to tell all of your friends their matches aren't impressive? I thought you were a cool dude, but the more I see your replies on SDN the more I see you're just toxic.

SDN: Brown Ophtho is top notch!
Me (and an Ophtho resident): Brown Ophtho is not a top program, it is actually a low tier program.
SDN: YOU ARE A JERK! You're an A******!!!!!! (+ other personal attacks)

Last edited:
That is actually not correct. It is way more feasible to match at a program that does not get top applicants and has been in muddy water with the ACGME in recent times compared to matching at a renowned institute like Cole Eye (CCF Ophthalmology). Cole is very anti-DO and I know this for a fact, and they are one of the more prestigious programs in Ophthalmology, usually matching applicants from very good MD schools (Columbia, WashU, Case Western, Michigan, UChicago).

And Ivy League does not mean anything with regard to reputation of residency programs (or medical schools, for that matter).

Me (and an Ophtho resident): Brown Ophtho is not a top program, it is actually a low tier program.
SDN: YOU ARE A JERK! (+ personal attacks)

You’re not wrong Walter.

Got a huge KCU boner going right now

Reactions: 10 users
SDN: YOU ARE A JERK! (+ personal attacks)

Nah dude I'm just disappointed someone like you is in my class. You would've been better off going to the Caribbean so you can have those "MD" letters behind your name. At least that way your spot would've gone to someone grateful for the opportunity to become a physician.

Update since we need more results and less trolling:

Every specialty offered at OSU-MC was matched by a OSU student except ENT ie: rads, ortho (x2), GS (multiple), OB (multiple), IM (multiple), FM (multiple) , ER (multiple) etc (as expected)

Peds - Nationwide Children's Ohio State, University of Arkansas, University of New Mexico. Should be noted, one of our peds matches interviewed at Mayo, CHOP, Boston Children's and other programs of the same caliber and matched at the top of their list at a program closer to their hometown that they ranked higher than the more prestigious places which was cool to me.

Rads: University of Arizona

ER: Wash U St. Louis
Wow I don’t think WashU has ever taken a DO for EM. Is that legit??

Yes. They posted their NRMP match paper.
Very impressive. That was the only EM program in Missouri (out of 5) that didn't have a DO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

SDN: YOU ARE A JERK! You're an A******!!!!!! (+ other personal attacks)

Alright my bad I didn't realize using the words "top notch" would set someone off. If your underlying point is that DOs don't get as good of matches as MDs my original post agreed with that. But what you're treading into now is not merely a DO issue. Its a school rank/reputation matters type of issue. I'm almost certain a US MD graduating from Loma Linda would be ecstatic to match at Brown Ophtho. The original question being answered was if the KCU match list is comparable to the (average) MD school. To which my reply was if the class size was something like 100 and not 200+ you can consider it comparable. I'm sure the 3/4 students at Hofstra that matched Ophtho this year at their home program, SUNY Upstate, and NYMC are truly upset by where they matched because its not better than Brown. That's probably because Hofstra is practically a DO school so the fact that they even got 4 matches is impressive /s

You're probably the guy that tells someone that got their #1 that they didn't really get their #1 because they never received an interview from their 'real' number 1.

Anyway I'm not annoyed that you're calling out my or 'our' ignorance. I'm annoyed that you can't seem to understand that DOs with ANY board scores do not match at Brown in far less competitive specialties barring FM (Brown has zero DOs in their IM PCP track). Even if they did it would probably still be a bigger deal to anyone barring maybe you and your beloved Ophtho resident that a DO matched at their low tier Ophtho program because it isn't their top 50 IM program vs one of the 110 Ophtho programs in the country.

Anyway I'm moving on in an effort to prevent this thread from being locked.

Dr.Bruh said:
The irony is a patient sees you trained at CCF will have no idea what that is but if they see Brown they will

Which is exactly a reason that people would rank it highly. I know plenty of people that would rank a program higher because it has the name of a prestigious university in it even if they interviewed at programs that better suits their career goals.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so hung up on the prestige/competitiveness of the program? Unless you're trying to go into academics, it barely matters in terms of practice. No one is going to ask where you did your residency, and it will realistically not have a big impact on you being a doctor of that specific speciality.