2020 Market Performance (No active trading)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I find these metrics disingenuous. He is only the richest man if he has that amount of cash in a more liquid form. If he tried to sell his entire share of Tesla to actually put that amount of cash in one place the stock price would collapse and wouldnt be worth anywhere near that.
He can borrow against that though, paying little taxes in the process.

Members don't see this ad.

Fed support is the reason why the market keeps rallying in ‘rational bubble,’ El-Erian says​

Yep. A lot of the money is going to people who don’t really need it and have few options to store it. Thus all asset classes go up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I find these metrics disingenuous. He is only the richest man if he has that amount of cash in a more liquid form. If he tried to sell his entire share of Tesla to actually put that amount of cash in one place the stock price would collapse and wouldnt be worth anywhere near that.

The same could be said for everyone on the top of the list.

I'm invested in the following:

AmazonAMZN
CrowdStrikeCRWD
EtsyETSY
FastlyFSLY
FiverrFVRR
Teladoc HealthTDOC
MercadoLibreMELI
NvidiaNVDA
PinterestPINS
PayPalPYPL
RokuROKU
Sea LimitedSE
SquareSQ
The Trade DeskTTD
TwilioTWLO
ShopifySHOP
AppleAAPL
FacebookFB
AlphabetGOOG
HubSpotHUBS
MagniteMGNI
InvitaeNVTA
PalantirPLTR
Unity SoftwareU
FarfetchFTCH
JumiaJMIA
Desktop MetalDM
ZillowZ
Genius Sports DMYD
Axon AAXN
Intuitive SurgicalISRG
RepligenRGEN
ARK Genomic RevolutionARKG
Semiconductor ETFSMH
China Internet ETFKWEB
BlackLineBL
CuriosityStreamCURI

2020 returns: 104.7%

Reactions: 1 user
Cause that's absurd. What are you getting for that money?
The best schools, a nice walkable neighborhood with real front and backyards. No renters and transients. The point is in big cities with millions of people, the top neighborhoods are steep on price. Folks may like to act holier than though on the forum and live like blue collar Americans but most docs aren’t doing that so....

Reactions: 1 users