albno.blcksheep

5+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
A little surprised there's not much discussion about Melbourne at all, so decided I'd start this thread.

Feel free to post updates when you do hear about IIs for the 2020 intake.

lovemed102

5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2014
I got the interview invites too! Do you guys know anything about the clinical school preferences?

lovemed102

5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2014
I know that the University of Melbourne is sending out the interview date today for people who registered. Have you guys heard anything?

lovemed102

5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2014
Not sure. I thought it they were referring to August 22 Australian time. I still haven't gotten anything...so..maybe some delay?

OP
A

albno.blcksheep

5+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Note the "... from the 22 August 2019 with your interview date and time"

which suggests that it could come anytime on or after Aug 22 but not necessarily right on Aug 22, as @Bella111 was kindly pointing out.

Jul 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Got mine as well! Interesting how each station is 5 mins instead of 8... Also from reading about the process it doesn't look like we'll have 2 mins to think about the question/scenario but rather we'll have to answer as soon as they start the timer and ask the first question...? Was that your understanding as well?

Jul 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Got mine as well! Interesting how each station is 5 mins instead of 8... Also from reading about the process it doesn't look like we'll have 2 mins to think about the question/scenario but rather we'll have to answer as soon as they start the timer and ask the first question...? Was that your understanding as well?

Yup, it looks like we're going to be asked to read the prompt + provide our answer + follow up questions all in 5mins 1o_O

definitely going to be a hard one given the amount of time we have

Reactions: Caren07
Mar 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you guys get a follow-up email after submitting your skype details? I never got any follow-up email and now I am beginning to wonder whether my skype details went through. Plus they haven't added my on skype yet :/

OP
A

albno.blcksheep

5+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you guys get a follow-up email after submitting your skype details? I never got any follow-up email and now I am beginning to wonder whether my skype details went through. Plus they haven't added my on skype yet :/
No follow-ups on my end.

Jul 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
This not getting any follow-up emails is making me paranoid about whether I typed my skypeID right or clicked the right button too
but interviews aren't until next week so there's still time for them to add us :)

lovemed102

5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2014
How are you guys preparing for the MMI? I haven't gotten any email or Skype follow up either....

Jul 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I got a contact request sometime last night as well for an interview on the 11th.
check your e-mail, they sent out emails with their skype details just in case something went wrong with the connection.

Jul 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes very approachable interviewers :)
I hope it went well for everyone and now it's time to sit down for the long wait since results don't come out until the end of October, I think?

Jul 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes very approachable interviewers :)
I hope it went well for everyone and now it's time to sit down for the long wait since results don't come out until the end of October, I think?
Yup, that's right! It's def gonna be a long wait... Oh well, there's really nothing we can do 'til then so best of luck to everyone!

OP
A

albno.blcksheep

5+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Can we add UQ to this discussion as well?
Sure why not. We do have a fairly extensive discussion on UQ vs. USyd in another thread.

If you’ve applied to and interviewed at all 3 (UQ, USyd, UMelbourne) which one is your strongest preference and why?

Consider discussing: cost, location, curriculum, internship prospects, support for electives overseas.