Post your score here when available.
URM- Non-trad career changer (spent 6 years working in development and fundraising for healthcare non-profit), Hispanic, Female, Immigrant (Realized after submitting I referred to myself as a first-gen American in my PS even though I re-read it a zillion times, hopefully they won't think much of this oversight on my part! *insert palm to face moment*)
State Residency: MO
Undergrad: State School
Major: Business Marketing
cGPA- 3.46
sGPA- 3.66
Postbacc GPA - 3.84 (all science courses and pre-reqs because undergrad degree was business, only 2 Bs were in OChem)
MCAT-
Just received score - 500
Research - 100 hours bench during postbacc
Clinical Volunteering- ~600 hours (inpatient volunteer on hem/onc unit of local children's hospital, intern in free clinic working with underserved/uninsured population, COVID vaccination volunteer in underserved location)
Nonclinical Volunteering - ~1000 hours (Big Brothers Big Sisters, international opportunities focused on education accessibility, various undergrad volunteering - therapeutic equine therapy, literacy tutoring, Teach for America advocate, etc.)
Work: ~12,500 post-grad in first career (non-profit industry: senior level director & now regional consultant), 1 year of scribing in ED, ~1500 hours with various undergraduate jobs and summer internships
Shadowing- ~30 hours in person - OBGYN (restricted due to COVID, confirmed plans for 20 more this summer), 25 Virtual
Leadership - Many leadership roles held in Greek organizations/other student orgs in undergrad, served as chair of local nonprofit fundraiser post-grad
Other - I anticipate from the individuals asked, I have 8 very strong LOR options to provide to schools, overall I feel really great about my application, aside from that MCAT score.
Potential School list: State schools, SLU, Loyola, Georgetown, Rush, Colorado, Vermont, TCU, Dartmouth, Tufts, @Faha would love any other thoughts!
Going through this process blindly as a career changer has been an uphill battle so I greatly appreciate any thoughts/advice/feedback -
thank you!!!