This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What have people been doing if both invites and rejections have gone out for a site, but you haven't heard anything? Now I'm nervous one of my apps was lost in cyberspace
Ask for clarification. Got a response within the day.

Some sites are unaware of mistakes until someone mentions it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I saw on the google spreadsheet that someone mentioned receiving a rejection from the Mid-Michigan consortium. Was this rejection from a particular track or general? Has anyone received an invited of any type to mid-michigan?
Also curious. They typically send responses on the last day (historically). Nothing yet for me, but I was expecting to hear back tomorrow anyways. Hoping for some good news for us both!!

Members don't see this ad :)
They allude to inpatient rotations in their website and brochure, but apparently have not been providing it for the past several years. Just a heads up in case you were rejected and mentioned inpatient or SMI interest in your cover letter.
What, are you serious? Literally highlighted inpatient and SMI all over my cover letter because it was listed on their site. Feels like a waste of $30 now, lol.

Anyone else waiting to hear from San Francisco VA? It doesn't look like anyone has heard based on the spreadsheet.

What, are you serious? Literally highlighted inpatient and SMI all over my cover letter because it was listed on their site. Feels like a waste of $30 now, lol.
Same and I think I spent 60

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Official Site Name: Alexandria VA Health Care System
Speciality Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): General
Date Invitation Received: 12/14 at 3:20pm EST
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email): Personal email
Interview Dates Offered: 1/10, 1/11, 1/12, 1/13, 1/14, 1/18, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21

Reactions: 1 user
Just a heads up -- not sure if anyone else who got an offer to interview at the U of New Mexico Health Sciences and hasn't received confirmation of their interview date but I just found one of my confirmations in spam o_O

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else besides the OP on the google slides received a rejection from University of Kansas Medical Center yet?

Anyone still not receive either invite or rejection from Mount Sinai Beth Israel? At this point, would it be wise to send an email to inquire about our status?

Has anyone heard from G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center in Jackson Mississippi? Their notification date on the APPI website said 11/30 and I am dying to know if anyone has heard from them. :(

Only the CHA-Weil (Track IV), what about you? It is comforting to know I am not the only one this happened to! Hopefully we’ll get some clarity tomorrow 😩
I applied to Adult Acute/OPD and Adult/Child OPD. Also Latinx but they offered me an interview for those two tracks.

I applied to Adult Acute/OPD and Adult/Child OPD. Also Latinx but they offered me an interview for those two tracks.
I should also add that I e-mailed the director last night and she clarified that the rejection e-mail was a mistake.

Official Site Name: University of Houston CAPS
Speciality Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Date Invitation Received: 12/14 at 7:26pm
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email): Mass email
Interview Dates Offered: 12/20-12/22, 1/05-1/07, 1/10-1/14

Hi all! First post here :) but I was looking at some of the sites that have extended their application deadlines (lol considering panic applying), I noticed basically all that are left are unaccredited sites. I did see one that I'm interested in and highly wish it was accredited. What are everyones feelings/thoughts on applying to an unaccredited site?

For those who received an invite from the May Insitute, Congrats!! Just wondering if the site confirmed your date yet? I haven't received any confirmation since I replied with my preferences...

I did see one that I'm interested in and highly wish it was accredited. What are everyones feelings/thoughts on applying to an unaccredited site?
An unaccredited internship closes many future employment options so unless somebody is basically 100% committed to a private practice career, is likely significantly geographically restricted for internship and only plans to live in a state where this will be accepted for licensure, I’d strongly pass during Phase 1.

I’ll throw in a caveat for an unaccredited VA internship since they are likely meeting national VA training standards so the question would be whether you’d be considered a graduate of an accredited program or not by time you finish.

Worst case scenario, Phase 2 and the post-Phase 2 clearinghouse options exist where unaccredited options can still potentially be considered but even then, there were some really top notch accredited sites in Phase 2 last year.
Has anyone heard from G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center in Jackson Mississippi? Their notification date on the APPI website said 11/30 and I am dying to know if anyone has heard from them. :(
I know of some significant staffing turnover at this VA during the past year so if you haven’t heard 2+ weeks after their deadline, a brief email to check seems appropriate.

Reactions: 3 users
How many days in advance of an interview would you expect to receive information about the structure of the interview/who you are interviewing with and the zoom/meeting link?

How many days in advance of an interview would you expect to receive information about the structure of the interview/who you are interviewing with and the zoom/meeting link?
I had an interview yesterday and did not receive the interview schedule until Friday.

Reactions: 2 users
I should also add that I e-mailed the director last night and she clarified that the rejection e-mail was a mistake.
Thanks for updating me!! My rejection email was also a mistake. What a relief!

Hi all! First post here :) but I was looking at some of the sites that have extended their application deadlines (lol considering panic applying), I noticed basically all that are left are unaccredited sites. I did see one that I'm interested in and highly wish it was accredited. What are everyones feelings/thoughts on applying to an unaccredited site?
I personally am not inherently opposed to unaccredited sites, but would look at how many years they have been operating, if they are in the process of seeking accreditation, anything I've heard about their training reputation, outcome data on past interns, etc. I would be more hesitant to be part of a site's first class, however. It is not even an option for me, however, as my program only allows us to apply to APA-accredited sites. Good luck with your decision, and hope you get a great match!

For those who received an invite from the May Insitute, Congrats!! Just wondering if the site confirmed your date yet? I haven't received any confirmation since I replied with my preferences...
No, this site has not confirmed my interview date yet (and I sent them my preferences on November 30th). I was going to reach out to them about this, but then read in their email that they will confirm interview dates by December 17th!

Has anyone else besides the OP on the google slides received a rejection from University of Kansas Medical Center yet?
Nope still waiting. I think they need to notify us today per the appic email but we will see.

Has anyone interviewed for a Geropsychology track within the VA and if so what type of questions did they ask you?

Anyone else being treated to a string of rejections this week? I had four in less than 24 hours, ouch.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else being treated to a string of rejections this week? I had four in less than 24 hours, ouch.
I empathize with ya! it's the most magical week of the internship match process, a billion and one interview notification dates all within the same week ✨✨✨

I personally am not inherently opposed to unaccredited sites, but would look at how many years they have been operating, if they are in the process of seeking accreditation, anything I've heard about their training reputation, outcome data on past interns, etc.
Internship is ultimately a credential, regardless of one's experience. For anybody considering an unaccredited internship, take a look at some job postings for positions that you might want in the future and I think you'll find that many require an APA or CPA internship. Without this credential, you won't ever be eligible for those jobs so there are definitely stakes involved with going down this route.
Has anyone interviewed for a Geropsychology track within the VA and if so what type of questions did they ask you?
Not a gero person but expect some performance-based (or informed) questions related to describing previous gero experiences with a focus on clarifying your approach/process (e.g., describe a challenging assessment case including barriers you faced and how you ultimately managed). I also wouldn't be surprised to see questions related to ethical or diversity concerns for this population or be asked to describe a time when you've navigated a conflict due to the interdisciplinary nature of this work, including VA CLCs.

Same.

The lack of respect with some of this process is infuriating
Yes, I quoted from their website and brochure and they said they will remove it and thanked me for pointing it out.

I was actually talking about this with a ECP today, and she let me know that this is unethical of the program and they can be reported for advertising something that they aren't doing. Wasting time and money of students knowing full well they won't offer this as an option. She said others from her previous program had reported a site before, so just letting you know that it is more than lack of respect at this point!
I agree with this, very unethical indeed.

Sorry to ask again, but has anyone heard from John’s Hopkins today or last week?

Also curious. They typically send responses on the last day (historically). Nothing yet for me, but I was expecting to hear back tomorrow anyways. Hoping for some good news for us both!!
Heard back today with an interview. I hope you got one as well!

Does anyone hear from UT Austin Counseling Center? I saw they sent out both rejection and interview today, but I don't receive anything from them.

anyone else waiting to get the rejection email from Geisinger considering they sent out interview notifications back in November? 😅

Anyone heard from Howard Counseling?