2022-2023 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im sure this has been brought up before but their portal says they review applications within 8 weeks. I was complete in early August and havent heard anything. I'm guessing MOST people are in this boat!
has anyone tried emailing them and asking why they haven't heard back after 8+ weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

Im sure this has been brought up before but their portal says they review applications within 8 weeks. I was complete in early August and havent heard anything. I'm guessing MOST people are in this boat!

Oh yikes I’m an early July complete date lol

Reactions: 10 users
I can't believe I missed this but I managed to forget to email to confirm my upcoming Monday interview and now I'm panicking. Does anyone know if they actually withdraw the interview because of this? I sent an email now but I'm about 8 hours late ...

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Einstein allow update letters? I know from last year they only allowed letters post II but I can't seem to find anything about it on their website.

Reactions: 1 user
Does Einstein allow update letters? I know from last year they only allowed letters post II but I can't seem to find anything about it on their website.
I just sent one via email cause I have nothing to lose. Not a single interview in sight has made me quite ballsy lmao

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I can't believe I missed this but I managed to forget to email to confirm my upcoming Monday interview and now I'm panicking. Does anyone know if they actually withdraw the interview because of this? I sent an email now but I'm about 8 hours late ...
any updates? hope it ended up being fine and that you killed your interview on monday!

Is there a specific day of the week that interview invites are given out? For other schools as well?

not all heroes wear capes
In case anyone is wondering, they sent this back ;) Hopefully it's worth it hahaha

1667956031940.png

has anyone tried emailing them and asking why they haven't heard back after 8+ weeks?
Do not email them about this. They say they review applications within 8 weeks of completion, but that doesn't mean that they'll inform you as to whether they'll send you an II or not by that time.

"Applicants are notified of their intermediate or final disposition beginning February 1." - Einstein Applicant Gateway

"Once files are completed by the Office of Admissions, they are released to the Admissions Committee for preliminary review. The Admissions Office sends interview invitations on average once a month beginning in August and ending in April. Scheduling of interviews is done via an auto-scheduler and applicants may choose their preferred date depending on availability. Preliminary rejection emails are sent beginning in February. Acceptance notifications are mailed beginning February 1." - Einstein website

I know it's stressful. I really want an II or at least a decision from them as well. We just have to be patient and hope for the best!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email from Einstein admissions today that stated one of my LORs is missing a letterhead and signature (had no idea until now, I clarified this w all of my writers many times).

Any idea if this is going to hurt me? And thoughts on this being a sign of something (good or bad)?

I received an email from Einstein admissions today that stated one of my LORs is missing a letterhead and signature (had no idea until now, I clarified this w all of my writers many times).

Any idea if this is going to hurt me? And thoughts on this being a sign of something (good or bad)?

Hard to say… I think most likely people reviewing materials are not focused on enforcing these rules, and support staff in admission office are doing quality controls on these materials. It at least means you are still in the running, so better resend them asap

How long is the Student Virtual Session on Interview Day? It says it starts at 430, but based on ppls experience, how long has it generally taken?

How long is the Student Virtual Session on Interview Day? It says it starts at 430, but based on ppls experience, how long has it generally taken?
it was scheduled for an hour but it was super casual and ended early. The last 15-20 min was for questions

does getting two messages about the diversity open house mean anything?? have yet to get interview invite from here yet

Damn. Before reading through this entire thread, I called the office to ask about AECOM's review process (just to see if they did silent rejections) but the person who picked up shut me down so fast. She said the information on the application should inform you very clearly. Um. I didn't say my name, but is it possible they might look up my number, see it's me, and absolutely torpedo my application? I guess we're waiting until February 1st for II or R's :')

• Care
Damn. Before reading through this entire thread, I called the office to ask about AECOM's review process (just to see if they did silent rejections) but the person who picked up shut me down so fast. She said the information on the application should inform you very clearly. Um. I didn't say my name, but is it possible they might look up my number, see it's me, and absolutely torpedo my application? I guess we're waiting until February 1st for II or R's :')
That is so poopy. Sorry about that. Seems like they are moving slow but all we can do is hope for the best!

"The committee on admissions will use the entire application to ensure that the candidate has demonstrated reasonable accomplishment of all of the identified competencies; this includes the AMCAS application, academic record, personal comments, roster of experiences, letters of recommendation, the Einstein supplemental application, written and verbal communication with the admissions office, and an interview (when applicable)." - Einstein 2022-2023 Applicant Guide

"Please be patient and contact the Admissions Office only if you think there is a problem with the receipt of some or all of your materials." - Einstein Supplemental Application

So to answer your question, yes, they might look up your number, and it could hurt your chances of receiving an ii or A.

The following is speculation. I have not worked for any admissions committee, but I would like to give some encouragement, pre-med to pre-med.
Fortunately, looking up your number requires work. AECOM receives about 8,000 completed applications a cycle, so it's probably be more effort than its worth to track down a specific phone number. Your phone number might not even be very searchable, since the AMCAS application is the only place you document it. I doubt that you were disrespectful, and you didn't do anything unethical. Therefore, I think the most likely outcome this that you briefly annoyed someone at the admissions office and nothing more. Personally, I'd be surprised if it had any effect on your application.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
"The committee on admissions will use the entire application to ensure that the candidate has demonstrated reasonable accomplishment of all of the identified competencies; this includes the AMCAS application, academic record, personal comments, roster of experiences, letters of recommendation, the Einstein supplemental application, written and verbal communication with the admissions office, and an interview (when applicable)." - Einstein 2022-2023 Applicant Guide

"Please be patient and contact the Admissions Office only if you think there is a problem with the receipt of some or all of your materials." - Einstein Supplemental Application

So to answer your question, yes, they might look up your number, and it could hurt your chances of receiving an ii or A.

The following is speculation. I have not worked for any admissions committee, but I would like to give some encouragement, pre-med to pre-med.
Fortunately, looking up your number requires work. AECOM receives about 8,000 completed applications a cycle, so it's probably be more effort than its worth to track down a specific phone number. Your phone number might not even be very searchable, since the AMCAS application is the only place you document it. I doubt that you were disrespectful, and you didn't do anything unethical. Therefore, I think the most likely outcome this that you briefly annoyed someone at the admissions office and nothing more. Personally, I'd be surprised if it had any effect on your application.
Thanks for this deep dive and your kind words, I appreciate the effort. You're right to doubt any disrespect on my end and I would imagine that it would take an extra bit of effort to look me up and take me out of the running. It's so disproportionate to the "transgression." If my application is shot down, all is well and it may well have nothing to do with that 20-second conversation. We'll see!

Lol just realized that they said to send a confirmation email BY 3pm before interview and not AFTER...Also called them but no one picked up. I should still be fine for my Monday interview...right?

Still got to my interview fine so I'm guessing sending that confirmation email late for an hour didn't affect much...how long did you all's interviews last? Mine only lasted 30 mins and it feels like the interviewer was trying to end it as early as possible.

Still got to my interview fine so I'm guessing sending that confirmation email late for an hour didn't affect much...how long did you all's interviews last? Mine only lasted 30 mins and it feels like the interviewer was trying to end it as early as possible.
Same here. My interview was only 15 minutes of questioning and another five of me asking my questions. Not gonna lie, I really didn't connect with my interviewer and the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't request a re-interview tho because I'm lucky enough to have acceptances at places i like more

I had a completely diff experience. Mine was a little over an hour, but it was conversational the whole time.

II just now, complete way back in july lol

• Love
II, complete 08/23. IS, LM 65. I’m surprised but incredibly excited! No dates in December but 10 dates in January and you can choose whatever time you want. 3 dates open in early February so I think they’re probably still sending out more!

II this morning, completed 6/27. IS, LM 81.6, ORM, Non-Trad. Picked early Jan interview date.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone had luck sending a pre-II update/interest letter? or can this hurt me? Einstein is my top choice

Anyone had luck sending a pre-II update/interest letter? or can this hurt me? Einstein is my top choice
I sent one a few weeks ago but never got a reply (other schools replied). Not sure if this impacted the II invitation.

Reactions: 1 users
are the update letters accepted over email?

II, complete early August!

• Love
I keep seeing conflicting opinions on update letters for this school. Does anyone know for sure if they are allowed and by which way do they want us to submit one? I interviewed here in September and since then have gotten a manuscript accepted for publication and I think this would help me out with decisions coming in February.