2022-2023 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^adding onto this last year's sdn thread showed a good number of IIs going out after feb 1 as well

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought their email said that acceptances (or zoom link) will be sent out in the afternoon of Feb 1st?

One more day potentially...

Last year in a single day they sent out As in the morning, WL in the afternoon, then Rs later lol. But a good amount of people did get As later on, especially December and beyond interviews from what I've read

Members don't see this ad :)
Since decision day is coming up, I looked through last year's thread for times. Acceptances were emailed out around 7:20 AM and WL came at around 1:40 PM. If anyone here is lucky enough to receive an A on Wednesday, please come on SDN and let the rest of us know that the email has been sent out so we don't remain waiting with false hope. Good luck everybody!
Is this EST or PST? Thanks!

Hi everyone! Current M1 here. i got my acceptance email sometime between 7am - 9am EST on Feb 1st, so perhaps its the same (but i have no idea). Good luck--i love it here :) i checked out this thread because i am so excited for yall and remember what it felt like a year ago

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
oof just got a rejection at 7:26 am after interviewing very early in the cycle and feeling pretty good about my chances. congrats to everyone with an A!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
post-interview R… I got excited with the early email because I heard they release Rs later, but I guess not this year. Really sad about this one - the waiting and not knowing has been killing me since September

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone not receive anything yet? Interviewed in September. Thanks!

Waitlist (MD/interviewed mid-October)...little surprised by this one. But honestly I didn't feel like this school was the best fit for me so good luck to everyone still in the running!

Interviewed in early September, just got the R 🥲 Oh well

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
A just now via email :) No matter the outcome, please know that you're gonna make amazing future doctors! You already made it this far

Edit: interviewed in October

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I got in! 😭 Literally crying, I am so excited. My heart goes out to all those with post-ii R's this morning. You guys will be ok🫂

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
A! Hugs to all those still waiting or didn't get news they would have preferred.

• Care
A! Goodluck to everyone still waiting!!

Got the A! So excited this is my top choice 😭 emailed 7:58am

Interviewed 12/05

• Love
Hey all, congrats to all those who heard back with good news! I'm a current M1 and just made an account to answer any questions about Einstein. Can't emphasize enough how happy I am here and how much fun I've had. Also was initially waitlisted (as were many of my friends) so definitely don't give up hope if that was you!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey all, congrats to all those who heard back with good news! I'm a current M1 and just made an account to answer any questions about Einstein. Can't emphasize enough how happy I am here and how much fun I've had. Also was initially waitlisted (as were many of my friends) so definitely don't give up hope if that was you!
for anyone that didn’t hear back today, does that entail being waitlisted in the upcoming days? at least that’s what it seems like from last years thread

also for those that do get waitlisted, would you recommend doing anything to better your chances of getting off of it

Do you know anything about the HPWL that people posted about last year?

Any early January interviews hear back yet?

for anyone that didn’t hear back today, does that entail being waitlisted in the upcoming days? at least that’s what it seems like from last years thread

also for those that do get waitlisted, would you recommend doing anything to better your chances of getting off of it
I can't speak for sure what their timeline looks like since it seems that they do things slightly different each year. But I do know that WL/HPWL emails all came within a week of the initial As. And if WL'd I would just say to keep on showing interest, they're responsive to it. For me, I sent an update letter and then a letter of intent later on

Do you know anything about the HPWL that people posted about last year?
Yeah so again I'm not sure when they'll send these out this year but it seems that there was this wording with "Rolling Admissions" that separated HPWLs from regular WLs but this could be totally different now.

Does anyone know if people who didn’t interview get any type of decision today? Haven’t heard anything from this school since submitting my application and just want to know where I stand already

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah so again I'm not sure when they'll send these out this year but it seems that there was this wording with "Rolling Admissions" that separated HPWLs from regular WLs but this could be totally different now.
Thank you! I received a regular WL email this morning, a little disappointed it doesn't seem to be the HPWL. I am planning to send a LOI though, Einstein is definitely my top choice.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Current M1 - Congrats to everyone accepted! You'll hear more about an accepted students chat via email.

For reference, I interviewed in December and did not hear back on Feb 1st, so don't get worried if you're in the same boat.

When it comes to waitlists, etc here's what I will say. For the "normal waitlist" people (should be obvious, the email will say waitlist in the subject line), generally Einstein doesn't have much movement. Don't lose hope but generally speaking that's just the unfortunate reality.

However, there is the so-called HPWL - this will be vague and you'll get an email with something like "Rolling Admissions" in the subject line and they ask you to email someone from admissions indicating your interest. This is an extremely good sign and I believe roughly 1/3rd to 1/2 of the admitted class comes off this list, but you'll have to be patient and also nothing is guaranteed. Last year the A wave from this list wasn't until May.

For people who were regular waitlisted or haven't heard back yet, I know for a fact that Dean Kerrigan appreciates when students reach out to her directly. This is not the case at every med school but it's true for Einstein. My advice would be not to attach a PDF of a generic LOI when emailing her, but rather a short and well-written email explaining your interest. She really considers that stuff. For a more formal letter of interest/intent, I believe that goes to Ms. Nardi but I'd double check that.

Best of luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Current M1 - Congrats to everyone accepted! You'll hear more about an accepted students chat via email.

For reference, I interviewed in December and did not hear back on Feb 1st, so don't get worried if you're in the same boat.

When it comes to waitlists, etc here's what I will say. For the "normal waitlist" people (should be obvious, the email will say waitlist in the subject line), generally Einstein doesn't have much movement. Don't lose hope but generally speaking that's just the unfortunate reality.

However, there is the so-called HPWL - this will be vague and you'll get an email with something like "Rolling Admissions" in the subject line and they ask you to email someone from admissions indicating your interest. This is an extremely good sign and I believe roughly 1/3rd to 1/2 of the admitted class comes off this list, but you'll have to be patient and also nothing is guaranteed. Last year the A wave from this list wasn't until May.

For people who were regular waitlisted or haven't heard back yet, I know for a fact that Dean Kerrigan appreciates when students reach out to her directly. This is not the case at every med school but it's true for Einstein. My advice would be not to attach a PDF of a generic LOI when emailing her, but rather a short and well-written email explaining your interest. She really considers that stuff. For a more formal letter of interest/intent, I believe that goes to Ms. Nardi but I'd double check that.

Best of luck to everyone!
Were you a direct acceptance? Curious if students who interviewed in December can still receive As instead of WLs past february 1st

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Will people who interviewed in Early/Mid Jan hear back today?

Received an A earlier this AM at the same time as everyone else. OOS and I interviewed in November.

Congrats to everyone else that was accepted! My heart goes out to those that didn't get the news they hoped for today ❤️

Reactions: 4 users