2022-2023 Marshall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @sleepingpupper for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Marshall Secondary Essay Prompts

1. Why did you decide to apply to Marshall? (5000 characters)

2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Where do you want to serve or practice medicine? (5000 characters)

3. If you are not presently attending school indicate your employment or other plans for the time prior to your planned enrollment in medical school. If still in school, enter N/A. (2000 characters)

4. (Optional) Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider. (5000 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@wysdoc

OOS (no ties but surrounding state) secondary received, prompts are:

1. Why did you decide to apply to Marshall? (5000 characters)

2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Where do you want to serve or practice medicine? (5000 characters)

3. If you are not presently attending school indicate your employment or other plans for the time prior to your planned enrollment in medical school. If still in school, enter N/A. (2000 characters)

4. (Optional) Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider. (5000 characters)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone trying to fill the 5000 character limit for each? Seems like a lot

Does anyone know how OOS friendly is Marshall. i have no ties, but they are really community and rural health focused which is honestly the theme of my application

Does anyone know how OOS friendly is Marshall. i have no ties, but they are really community and rural health focused which is honestly the theme of my application
They only accept state residents or people from states bordering WV (Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia)

For those that are curious, this is what I was told in the completion email:

Live virtual interviews for nonresident students are scheduled from January through early February. Interview notices will be sent in December and early January.

Does when you submit matter for OOS since they don't interview until late?

For those that are curious, this is what I was told in the completion email:

Live virtual interviews for nonresident students are scheduled from January through early February. Interview notices will be sent in December and early January.
How long did it take for you to receive a completion email after sending in your secondary?

II received 9/9 and scheduled for 9/26. Secondary complete 8/15. IS applicant!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II received 9/9 and scheduled for 9/26. Secondary complete 8/15. IS applicant!

congrats, good luck tomorrow!! do you mind sharing your stats? i saw that there was an II listed on cycletrack on 9/9, was that yours? (if so sorry to be a stalker lol just um ya know neurotic and wearing out the refresh button on my email)

congrats, good luck tomorrow!! do you mind sharing your stats? i saw that there was an II listed on cycletrack on 9/9, was that yours? (if so sorry to be a stalker lol just um ya know neurotic and wearing out the refresh button on my email)
Thanks! And yes that was mine - no worries, I have been the same way lol! I have a 3.99 GPA and 512 MCAT. Very little volunteering and research due to COVID but solid clinical experience and shadowing. Hope that helps and good luck!

Also the interview was the most chill, relaxed interview ever so if you get one do not stress about it AT ALL!

• Care
Does anyone know if Marshall sends waitlist or rejection prior to October 15th? Or will we not get a decision period until after the 15th?

OOS here got marked complete today after submitting 07/28 and was told "Live virtual interviews for nonresident students are scheduled from January through early February. Interview notices will be sent in December and early January."

how soon does Marshall release decisions after interviews? is it monthly around the 15th?

OOS II today! LM 69, ORM, strong ties to Marshall. Does anyone know if the interviews are 1 on 1, and open/closed file?

how soon does Marshall release decisions after interviews? is it monthly around the 15th?
sorry to ask again but now that the thread is active again— any ideas as to how long it’ll take for a decision? i’m OOS so i understand that has to be factored in too

I got an interview invite and when I confirmed, Ms. Webb said they would be emailing to request additional documents. My college is out on break this week and my classes are canceled next week so I will be traveling and will not have my computer on me. Can anyone tell me what documents they will request so that I can have those saved to my phone incase they ask before I get back? Thanks!

I got an interview invite and when I confirmed, Ms. Webb said they would be emailing to request additional documents. My college is out on break this week and my classes are canceled next week so I will be traveling and will not have my computer on me. Can anyone tell me what documents they will request so that I can have those saved to my phone incase they ask before I get back? Thanks!
There will be a virtual interview agreement and a technical standards agreement. They'll also want a copy of your driver's license.

Anyone know if they send out II for OOS past January?

I think the latest they send out interview invites is January, and they finish interviews in February.

Anyone on the alternate list been accepted?