2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Isn’t there movement since people can commit and wait for other waitlist spots to open ?

Members don't see this ad.

Isn’t there movement since people can commit and wait for other waitlist spots to open ?
1683761089456.png

i heard the class was full as of Monday. I was also told that the movement will be minimum, probably no more than 3 spots max will open up since May 2nd already passed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Will be withdrawing my waitlist position here as well.

I’m sure the school will do fine, but everything feels a little too unrefined for me. Best of luck to all!

i heard the class was full as of Monday. I was also told that the movement will be minimum, probably no more than 3 spots max will open up since May 2nd already passed.
This is true! Fortunately I was able to talk with Dr.Cortez on Tuesday via zoom. I had email in a question last week and she wanted to talk more about my situation on zoom. From what I gather from our talk the class was finalized but like they said above there could be movement (I’m hoping so). I just wanted to let people know since it seems like we were all left in the dark.

Reactions: 1 users
This is true! Fortunately I was able to talk with Dr.Cortez on Tuesday via zoom. I had email in a question last week and she wanted to talk more about my situation on zoom. From what I gather from our talk the class was finalized but like they said above there could be movement (I’m hoping so). I just wanted to let people know since it seems like we were all left in the dark.
How is she setting up zoom calls? I emailed her and got nothing. You must be at the top of the list.

Hi! Was there additional info you received post-interview and acceptance you could share that influenced your decision to decline?
I really wanted to stay in California. I’m from Southern California and this school would have been a great fit for me in terms of geographical location. However, cost of attendance is really high, cost of living in Los Angeles is also incredibly high. I was willing to overlook that a little bit but I couldn’t overlook other concerns like the school being new so they have limited resources for their students. I understand that they have had success with their CDU/UCLA program but even that program doesn’t have a lot of resources and I’m sure those resources will be dedicated to their students. Support like mentorship from both faculty and upperclassmen is really important to me also resources like academic enrichment programs, extra tutoring and help for students, study areas and an advanced library, a large room for classes, a simulation lab, an anatomy lab, research opportunities, student run clinics, student organizations. I emailed the school in December about my concerns regarding these things asking how they would provide that for their students and no one emailed back to address that. I did my research and discovered many of those things are limited or nonexistent. Also during my interview I expressed how important mentorship was for me and asked what kind of mentorship would be in place for incoming students. My interviewer said “well we are a new school so we are hoping you will eventually take on hat mentorship role”. As a non traditional premed, I need the extra support to be successful and I don’t think I would get that at CDU. I really recommend doing your own research. Try calling them or email them and asking them these important questions and concerns. It’s a great school but they have a long way to go and their most successful students will most likely be those that can work with limited resources. I hope this helped and I wish you the best

Reactions: 5 users
i guess if they think there will be minimum movement, at least reject the rest of us who never got any decision post ii, not even a WL email...

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this new program replacing the UCLA-Drew program altogether. I read c/o 2027 will be the last UCLA-Drew cohort. What does that look like for you guys and the classes following?

I interviewed back on February 23rd and FINALLY got my post-interview rejection. Sheesh! Imagine if this school was my only hope…? It’s May 16th! Trash.

I interviewed back on February 23rd and FINALLY got my post-interview rejection. Sheesh! Imagine if this school was my only hope…? It’s May 16th! Trash.
Lmao it was my only hope for the cycle but I'm not sad at all.

Reactions: 2 users
R, disappointing. Frustrated with the school for their lack of communication and professionalism. Even the rejection email wasn't punctuated correctly.

Regardless congratulations to all the students who were accepted. Ya'll are doctors. I'm sure you guys are gonna do great things.

Reactions: 5 users
Lmao would not wanna go to this school. So happy with where I’m matriculating !! A lot more organized

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Also got the R as well. My interview experience with them was the first red flag 😂 my second interviewer forgot to show up and we had to reschedule. I should have known it would be downhill from there. Oh well, best of luck to everyone on this thread ❤️ Much love!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Also got the R as well. My interview experience with them was the first red flag 😂 my second interviewer forgot to show up and we had to reschedule. I should have known it would be downhill from there. Oh well, best of luck to everyone on this thread ❤️ Much love!
Omg same here lol she forgot

• Haha
Update:
They just announced class is officially full, and 60 people have committed to enroll. The class will be presented to the faculty tomorrow.
I thought we already knew the class was full?

Update:
They just announced class is officially full, and 60 people have committed to enroll. The class will be presented to the faculty tomorrow.
Isn’t the commit to enroll date on 4/30/24?

• Haha