You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Isn’t there movement since people can commit and wait for other waitlist spots to open ?
i heard the class was full as of Monday. I was also told that the movement will be minimum, probably no more than 3 spots max will open up since May 2nd already passed.Isn’t there movement since people can commit and wait for other waitlist spots to open ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
didigetin?
New Member
Who are y’all talking to to hear this? The email is silent. I’m on waitlist.
I have an acquaintance who works at CDU, and they give me updates when they can.Who are y’all talking to to hear this? The email is silent. I’m on waitlist.
This is true! Fortunately I was able to talk with Dr.Cortez on Tuesday via zoom. I had email in a question last week and she wanted to talk more about my situation on zoom. From what I gather from our talk the class was finalized but like they said above there could be movement (I’m hoping so). I just wanted to let people know since it seems like we were all left in the dark.i heard the class was full as of Monday. I was also told that the movement will be minimum, probably no more than 3 spots max will open up since May 2nd already passed.
didigetin?
New Member
How is she setting up zoom calls? I emailed her and got nothing. You must be at the top of the list.This is true! Fortunately I was able to talk with Dr.Cortez on Tuesday via zoom. I had email in a question last week and she wanted to talk more about my situation on zoom. From what I gather from our talk the class was finalized but like they said above there could be movement (I’m hoping so). I just wanted to let people know since it seems like we were all left in the dark.
Should be before the end of first week of June. Anything can happen until then.does anyone know when the movement will be?
I really wanted to stay in California. I’m from Southern California and this school would have been a great fit for me in terms of geographical location. However, cost of attendance is really high, cost of living in Los Angeles is also incredibly high. I was willing to overlook that a little bit but I couldn’t overlook other concerns like the school being new so they have limited resources for their students. I understand that they have had success with their CDU/UCLA program but even that program doesn’t have a lot of resources and I’m sure those resources will be dedicated to their students. Support like mentorship from both faculty and upperclassmen is really important to me also resources like academic enrichment programs, extra tutoring and help for students, study areas and an advanced library, a large room for classes, a simulation lab, an anatomy lab, research opportunities, student run clinics, student organizations. I emailed the school in December about my concerns regarding these things asking how they would provide that for their students and no one emailed back to address that. I did my research and discovered many of those things are limited or nonexistent. Also during my interview I expressed how important mentorship was for me and asked what kind of mentorship would be in place for incoming students. My interviewer said “well we are a new school so we are hoping you will eventually take on hat mentorship role”. As a non traditional premed, I need the extra support to be successful and I don’t think I would get that at CDU. I really recommend doing your own research. Try calling them or email them and asking them these important questions and concerns. It’s a great school but they have a long way to go and their most successful students will most likely be those that can work with limited resources. I hope this helped and I wish you the bestHi! Was there additional info you received post-interview and acceptance you could share that influenced your decision to decline?
i guess if they think there will be minimum movement, at least reject the rest of us who never got any decision post ii, not even a WL email...
medicine5679
New Member
Can someone send me Dr. Cortez’s email please? I cant seem to find it anymore
me still waiting for my II :i guess if they think there will be minimum movement, at least reject the rest of us who never got any decision post ii, not even a WL email...
Is this new program replacing the UCLA-Drew program altogether. I read c/o 2027 will be the last UCLA-Drew cohort. What does that look like for you guys and the classes following?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this new program replacing the UCLA-Drew program altogether. I read c/o 2027 will be the last UCLA-Drew cohort. What does that look like for you guys and the classes following?
Medical Degree | Health Equity Pathway | UCLA Medical School
The Urban Health Equity Pathway develops leaders who advance medical practice and knowledge in underserved areas in the United States and abroad.
FINALLY got my rejection letter lol
Lmao it was my only hope for the cycle but I'm not sad at all.I interviewed back on February 23rd and FINALLY got my post-interview rejection. Sheesh! Imagine if this school was my only hope…? It’s May 16th! Trash.
also got the R post WL
honestly might’ve dodged a bulletLmao it was my only hope for the cycle but I'm not sad at all.
R, disappointing. Frustrated with the school for their lack of communication and professionalism. Even the rejection email wasn't punctuated correctly.
Regardless congratulations to all the students who were accepted. Ya'll are doctors. I'm sure you guys are gonna do great things.
Regardless congratulations to all the students who were accepted. Ya'll are doctors. I'm sure you guys are gonna do great things.
Lmao would not wanna go to this school. So happy with where I’m matriculating !! A lot more organized
yes, it is. Most rotations are geared towards a primary care specialty.is this school primary care focused?
Also got the R as well. My interview experience with them was the first red flag 😂 my second interviewer forgot to show up and we had to reschedule. I should have known it would be downhill from there. Oh well, best of luck to everyone on this thread ❤️ Much love!
Omg same here lol she forgotAlso got the R as well. My interview experience with them was the first red flag 😂 my second interviewer forgot to show up and we had to reschedule. I should have known it would be downhill from there. Oh well, best of luck to everyone on this thread ❤️ Much love!
That's wilddd 🤣🤣🤣Omg same here lol she forgot
didigetin?
New Member
Hey is anyone on the WL that has not been rejected yet?
D
deleted906592
meHey is anyone on the WL that has not been rejected yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
meHey is anyone on the WL that has not been rejected yet?
They’re gonna string us along some moreHey is anyone on the WL that has not been rejected yet?
didigetin?
New Member
Yeah that would be wack as hell!
Update:anyone withdrawing their seat?
They just announced class is officially full, and 60 people have committed to enroll. The class will be presented to the faculty tomorrow.
I thought we already knew the class was full?Update:
They just announced class is officially full, and 60 people have committed to enroll. The class will be presented to the faculty tomorrow.
yeah, but it seems this is the final cohort since they are presenting us to the faculty which most likely explains the Rs being sent out.I thought we already knew the class was full?
Still no R on my end.
Just received an email that I’m still active on the waitlist and will be until 7/10.
SameJust received an email that I’m still active on the waitlist and will be until 7/10.
Heard from someone else that someone was accepted off of waitlist today.
Do you know which spot they were?Heard from someone else that someone was accepted off of waitlist today.
I wasn’t aware it was ranked. So not sure.Do you know which spot they were?
Has anyone had the calculus requirement waived?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Premed44-4
Full Member
Anyone still haven’t received post waitlist rejection ?
NoAnyone still haven’t received post waitlist rejection ?
noHas anyone had the calculus requirement waived?
Isn’t the commit to enroll date on 4/30/24?Update:
They just announced class is officially full, and 60 people have committed to enroll. The class will be presented to the faculty tomorrow.
muffinman#3
Full Member
This is last years forumIsn’t the commit to enroll date on 4/30/24?