You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 San Juan Bautista
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
are you puerto rican?Hi, is anyone else here applying this cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are you puerto rican?
No, I'm not. I'm Mexican but I go to Puerto Rico often and love the culture there which is why I decided to apply. I also like how they teach in both Spanish and English which is a big plus for me because I want to be able to practice in both languages (I'm fluent in Spanish since it's my first language but would like to practice more of the medical side of Spanish)
Me 🙂Hi, is anyone else here applying this cycle?
Im from cali, urm, I interviewed last cycle but did not get off the waitlist (I also applied mad late like in January)
This cycle currently waiting for II, secondary submitted in late Sept
Nice! how was the interview last year? This is my first time applying. I submitted my secondary on October 18 this time since I didn't think about applying to this school until last minuteMe 🙂
Im from cali, urm, I interviewed last cycle but did not get off the waitlist (I also applied mad late like in January)
This cycle currently waiting for II, secondary submitted in late Sept
It was honestly so conversational, it was all in Spanish!Nice! how was the interview last year? This is my first time applying. I submitted my secondary on October 18 this time since I didn't think about applying to this school until last minute
It was honestly so conversational, it was all in Spanish!
Are they over zoom?
I believe so!Are they over zoom?
For the 2022-2023 cycle I believe they will still be all virtual. 😊I believe this year they're having in-person interviews. I'm not sure if they're also offering zoom as well. If you're out of state and never been to PR, I recommend doing an in-person interview.
I believe this year they're having in-person interviews. I'm not sure if they're also offering zoom as well. If you're out of state and never been to PR, I recommend doing an in-person interview.
Do you know when they start sending interview invites?
For the 2022-2023 cycle I believe they will still be all virtual. 😊
I hope so lol. I love going to PR any chance I get but I don't have anymore pto at my job rn lol
I don't know 🙁
I do know they are one of the MD schools that starts interviewing later than the average school. In the 2021-2022 SJB thread the first II reported was in Nov...again this is only what's on SDN so take this info with a grain of salt
I do know they are one of the MD schools that starts interviewing later than the average school. In the 2021-2022 SJB thread the first II reported was in Nov...again this is only what's on SDN so take this info with a grain of salt
Do you know when they start sending interview invites?
Interviews did start in November and go up until April. Best of luck!!Do you know when they start sending interview invites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviews did start in November and go up until April. Best of luck!!
Are you a student here by any chance? Or are you applying as well?
Current student 🙂 feel free to ask any other questions.Are you a student here by any chance? Or are you applying as well?
interviewed in November in person! Does anyone know how long they send back decisions post-interview?
Congratulations! are you IS or OOS?interviewed in November in person! Does anyone know how long they send back decisions post-interview?
Congratulations! are you IS or OOS?
OOS! Also just got the A like 2 hours after posting this so if anyone was wondering, they got back to me within a month[emoji28]
OOS! Also just got the A like 2 hours after posting this so if anyone was wondering, they got back to me within a month[emoji28]
Congrats!
similar here, interviewed mid Nov, accepted mid Dec shortly before first deposit
Congrats! When did you get the interview invitation? I haven't heard anything since submitting the secondary and paying the fee [emoji17]
the invite came in mid-end of October if i'm not mistaken. i wouldn't worry yet. unlike in the states, the PR schools seem to start interviewing later in the season (start in November) and judging from previous years' threads, it seems interviews well continued on during spring.Congrats! When did you get the interview invitation? I haven't heard anything since submitting the secondary and paying the fee [emoji17]
For anyone who got accepted in Dec, did you receive the “welcome package” from them yet? I haven’t and am not sure if they just haven’t sent it or if it is lost in the mail somewhere
i haven't yetFor anyone who got accepted in Dec, did you receive the “welcome package” from them yet? I haven’t and am not sure if they just haven’t sent it or if it is lost in the mail somewhere
II this morning!
I’ll be declining since I’m oos, wish there was a virtual option 🙁
I’ll be declining since I’m oos, wish there was a virtual option 🙁
II this morning!
I’ll be declining since I’m oos, wish there was a virtual option 🙁
Aww I'm sorry to hear that!
That’s ok!! I hope this opens up an interview slot for another amazing candidate 🙂Aww I'm sorry to hear that!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hear you. this was the only one of all the other interviews i had that mandated in-person. some did offer in-person as an option. keep going though!II this morning!
I’ll be declining since I’m oos, wish there was a virtual option 🙁
are students offering housing for interviwees?
is the interview in person or virtual? the invitation email says in person (?) but on their website it says
"
"
Application Year: 2022-2023
Due to the health and travel concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue implementing virtual interviews for all of our MD candidates for the 22-23 application cycle."no literally this is why I was so confused T_Tis the interview in person or virtual? the invitation email says in person (?) but on their website it says
"
Application Year: 2022-2023
Due to the health and travel concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue implementing virtual interviews for all of our MD candidates for the 22-23 application cycle."
when you log in to book an interview date it says that the interview will take place at facilities at the school but their website is reflecting otherwise...estoy confusion
this totally is the right move for the school, they will retain applicants that really have their heart set on sjb and weed out the rest100% in person. of note, my group of 4 consisted of 3 mainlanders (myself included)
right, that's what i felt was their motive toothis totally is the right move for the school, they will retain applicants that really have their heart set on sjb and weed out the rest
SJB and Ponce seems to end up with a fair amount of mainlanders every year. Not sure why UCC hardly ever does.100% in person. of note, my group of 4 consisted of 3 mainlanders (myself included)
it's funny you say that actually. i got rejected by ucc post-interview and i honestly felt i did superbly better in my interview with ucc so i was rather surprised. in fact, i thought i'd get a rejection from sjb instead as i caught myself botching up my words in Spanish lolSJB and Ponce seems to end up with a fair amount of mainlanders every year. Not sure why UCC hardly ever does.
thisishardenough
Full Member
is there an accepted students group?
just emailed them to withdraw my A, I hope one of you lovely people gets the spot!
Last edited:
futureofmed3
New Member
II received today, does anyone have any tips? Thanks in advance
practice interviewing with a mask onII received today, does anyone have any tips? Thanks in advance
futureofmed3
New Member
I would also like to know if a group has been created yet.is there an accepted students group?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would also like to know if a group has been created yet.
They emailed me the link to the accepted students Telegram group on the same day the acceptance email came in, came in a separate email though from the acceptance
idontknow12
New Member
Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist recently?
Aug 1 is orientation, and 7th is start dateAny new acceptance? when is the school orientation and start date this year ???
I’m currently in CA and was accepted last month. I was checking all my emails but couldn’t see the link for the telegram group chat. Do you know who sent it? Or if you could share the link? Thanks! Really appreciate it! 🙂 or can someone share it?They emailed me the link to the accepted students Telegram group on the same day the acceptance email came in, came in a separate email though from the acceptance