MHA 2022 MHA: Applied, Interviewed, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My previous post got deleted, so sharing here again!

Applied: Columbia (12/17), Johns Hopkins (12/17), University of Michigan (12/17), George Washington (12/17), USC (12/12), University of Washington (12/27)
Interview: Columbia (1/21), UMich (1/24), JHU (1/27), GWU (2/15), UW (2/17)
Waitlist:
Rejected: miraculously, none 🤍
Accepted: UMich (1/28), JHU (1/31), GWU (2/15, $), UW (2/23), Columbia (3/7), USC (3/7)
Attending:

Thrilled and blessed! Please share any admitted students groups, specifically for JHU, if there are any circulating🙂 And to those still waiting, good luck - I believe in you!
 
Last edited:
Rejected from Minnesota this afternoon 🙁 Does anyone know when Pittsburgh will send out the next round of interview requests/decisions?
 
Hi folks! So I am most likely going to attend JHU but I haven't received any scholarships/funding aside from the Master's Tuition 75% Scholarship (which I don't necessarily count) 🙁 I received the Dean's Scholarship for GWU, but Hopkins is still my top choice. I have seen some previous threads around funding and negotiating with schools, especially if it's my top school and funding is the only barrier, but had some questions.

Does anyone have any advice on 1) How to go about this 2) What I should say in my email 3) If anyone has similar success stories with JHU offering more funding?

Please let me know! I appreciate you all and wish you the best of luck!
 
Sorry to hear that, I'm wondering if other students had that issue as well when they interviewed at Columbia
Sorry to hear that as well. I enjoyed my interview. The student was super nice and answered some questions I had about their program. Still looking forward to an update from them though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi folks! So I am most likely going to attend JHU but I haven't received any scholarships/funding aside from the Master's Tuition 75% Scholarship (which I don't necessarily count) 🙁 I received the Dean's Scholarship for GWU, but Hopkins is still my top choice. I have seen some previous threads around funding and negotiating with schools, especially if it's my top school and funding is the only barrier, but had some questions.

Does anyone have any advice on 1) How to go about this 2) What I should say in my email 3) If anyone has similar success stories with JHU offering more funding?

Please let me know! I appreciate you all and wish you the best of luck!
I’m pretty sure the 75% scholarship is the only aid that JHU provides. I’d assume that you have to apply for any other scholarships they have at Bloomberg/private scholarships you find elsewhere. I’m sure if you reach out to admissions they’d have more info for you!
 
A friend of mine heard back from Columbia today and she got in. I still haven't heard from them and I interviewed a week before my friend. No idea what's going on!
I thought they sent out decisions based on how they interviewed, like decisions for every 2 weeks/months based on the interviews they did so far. But I guess not. Hopefully they send out all their decisions before the April deadline.
 
Congrats everyone on their acceptances!! For those that applied to UNC, how long did it take to receive an interview invite? I applied late (2/4). Also, just noticed they extended their deadline to March 8th.
 
Congrats everyone on their acceptances!! For those that applied to UNC, how long did it take to receive an interview invite? I applied late (2/4). Also, just noticed they extended their deadline to March 8th.
I applied on 2/2 and received an interview invite on 2/14. I interviewed on 2/21
 
🙁 Worried now. Were all three of your LOR's submitted already?
No, my third letter of rec was submitted the day after I submitted my app. I wouldn’t stress too much about it! Their interviews are a whole day with info sessions so I’m guessing they’re just waiting to round up enough people to hold another interview day
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, my third letter of rec was submitted the day after I submitted my app. I wouldn’t stress too much about it! Their interviews are a whole day with info sessions so I’m guessing they’re just waiting to round up enough people to hold another interview day
Were there other applicants virtually that you saw during the info sessions? I'm guessing it's like a zoom session with the school sharing their screen?
 
Were there other applicants virtually that you saw during the info sessions? I'm guessing it's like a zoom session with the school sharing their screen?
Yeah it was a zoom session with school speakers. There were 2 info sessions (overview then financial aid) then we had a break and then interview sessions started. After admissions interviews there was a first year panel session where you could ask any questions. There were other applicant on the call as well but not just MHA applicants. There were MHA, MPH, and dual degree applicants.
 
Waitlisted at Columbia and I'm done for this cycle.

Having a hard time choosing between Michigan and UNC. Anybody in the same boat? Would love to talk to someone considering attending Michigan or UNC!
 
Hey everyone! I was just accepted to UMN and UNCC's MHA's programs! I am really excited to choose between the two and would love any information to help make an informed decision!
When did you interview for Minnesota? I interviewed on 2/18 and have been excitedly waiting for a response for a little over 2 weeks now so just curious. Congrats on your acceptances though!
 
Waitlisted at Columbia and I'm done for this cycle.

Having a hard time choosing between Michigan and UNC. Anybody in the same boat? Would love to talk to someone considering attending Michigan or UNC!
I’m in the same boat. How are you planning to decide? Did any provide funding for you?
 
I’m in the same boat. How are you planning to decide? Did any provide funding for you?
Honestly, the opportunities seem to be very similar at both schools, so I can't decide. I did get a 25% scholarship at Michigan. Nothing from UNC but I am not expecting it. What about you?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad