MHA 2022 MHA: Applied, Interviewed, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone!

I am a current MHA candidate at Hopkins, please feel free to reach out for any questions. The interview I had last year was really laid back and I enjoyed it a lot. The program is going well, tons of classes and we are getting started for our residency showcases as well.

Overall, my advice is to go to a school where you feel at home and where you like the culture. Another piece is, I would consider applying to all of the schools that offer residencies, if you are going to apply for an admin fellowship after a two-year program, would it not be better to apply to a 3-year program where you are guaranteed a residency with one of the schools partnering hospitals? Just something to think about,

One program that I absolutely loved was Xavier, they really care for their students and applicants too. Their ranking isn't as strong, but I really enjoyed their interview and they have an amazing program. Plus they are extremely affordable.

Also, consider the alumni network. They will ultimately help you get jobs/fellowships after the program.

feel free to ask me anything!

Schools that have residencies

Johns Hopkins
VCU
UAB
Xavier
Trinity in texas
GWU has something similar
I am a doctor (MBBS) from Bangladesh.
I want to do my MHA in USA.
My experience: 1 year internship in the largest medical college of Bangladesh.
Working as a Marketing executive in Beximco pharmaceuticals for 1.5 years.
For health promotion I host many health related programs in different social media platform.
Mentor of Robi 10 minute school(largest online platform of Bangladesh I don't know whether it is relevant or not)
Would you please tell me are these enough to get admission in JHU??Can you help me with SOP?

I am really interested in the JHU program but I am worried about how fast pace it is. Is it manageable? do you feel that you get to enjoy some free time outside of school?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone had an interview with UW yet? My interview’s tomorrow and I’m kinda nervous. Appreciate any advice :)
Hope your interview with UW went well! I have mine next week so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted to GWU! I would be happy to answer any questions about their interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! It went really well. It was a really laid back interview with an alumni. They had some standard questions they asked like the typical tell me about yourself, what interests you in an MHA, what interests you about UW specifically, experiences/challenges working as part of a team, and what kind of quantitative/qualitative strengths you have. And then they ask any other questions that come up during conversation. Good luck!
Hope your interview with UW went well! I have mine next week so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone admitted into Columbia MHA received any scholarship yet?

Just received Columbia MHA acceptance 1:19pm PST today. App submitted 1/15 and interview 2/1

Hi all hope you’re application season has been going well! :)
I was wondering if anyone had attended a UNC virtual interview day? It seems a little overwhelming! There’s so many info sessions and the interview is with two people. Any tips to not be nervous or for being interviewed by two people?

Has anyone had an interview with Texas A&M? I'm wondering how it is?

Hi all hope you’re application season has been going well! :)
I was wondering if anyone had attended a UNC virtual interview day? It seems a little overwhelming! There’s so many info sessions and the interview is with two people. Any tips to not be nervous or for being interviewed by two people?
Hi there, I interviewed with UNC back in December and had a really good experience! The interview is with two people; a professor and a student. To me, it was the student asking most of the questions and the professor really just asked one or two. They really made me feel at ease and the questions were pretty basic. Why MHA, why healthcare (if you're coming from a diff field), what do you bring to the table, what are your future goals and definitely expect behavioral questions about working in team settings because that's a huge part of the UNC MHA program. Good luck!

Has anybody admitted into GWU gotten financial aid info yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received Columbia MHA acceptance 1:19pm PST today. App submitted 1/15 and interview 2/1
Wanted to share my stats in case this is helpful! Good luck to you all :)
  • School: UCLA, 2021
  • GPA: 3.85
  • Details: studied human bio/global health; Latin Honors, Honors College, Departmental Honors; graduated a quarter early
  • Activities: President of student organization, Officer of global health service org, Student Researcher for ~3 years of undergrad
  • Professional: Worked full time in health care management immediately after graduating (will be a little over a year once program starts) and have had a few promotions at the same company
  • Columbia MHA: applied to FT program on 1/15, interviewed with a 2nd year on 2/1 (invitation from the student to interview came in on 1/30 before Columbia sent their generic invitation after my interview on 2/4 lol), and got an email to check my portal on 2/14
Lmk if you have any questions!!

Just received a call that I've been accepted to UAB! Will most likely attend! :) They said that the admissions committee met yesterday.

Last edited:
Just finished my GWU interview and he told me I was accepted at the end! It was a great discussion and he asked me 1 question while the rest was me “interviewing” him. For folks anxiously awaiting the interview, I hope this calms your nerves! Come prepared regardless and you will do well :)

• Love
  • Details: studied human bio/global health; Latin Honors, Honors College, Departmental Honors; graduated a quarter early
  • Activities: President of student organization, Officer of global health service org, Student Researcher for ~3 years of undergrad
  • Professional: Worked full time in health care management immediately after graduating (will be a little over a year once program starts) and have had a few promotions at the same company
  • Columbia MHA: applied to FT program on 1/15, interviewed with a 2nd year on 2/1 (invitation from the student to interview came in on 1/30 before Columbia sent their generic invitation after my interview on 2/4 lol), and got an email to check my portal on 2/14
Congrats!! That’s so exciting! What was your interview like? How did you answer the “why Columbia” question?

Has anyone here been rejected after the interview stage at Columbia? What was their feedback?

Congrats! Wanted to clarify on what you meant by their generic invitation.

Thank you! It went really well. It was a really laid back interview with an alumni. They had some standard questions they asked like the typical tell me about yourself, what interests you in an MHA, what interests you about UW specifically, experiences/challenges working as part of a team, and what kind of quantitative/qualitative strengths you have. And then they ask any other questions that come up during conversation. Good luck!
Wanted to thank you for the tips on the UW interview! I had mine today and they asked the same questions so this definitely helped me prepare. Best of luck on the rest of your interviews!

Hi all, I received an informal interview with Columbia. Do any of you that have already gone through this step, have any advice? What do they ask? turnaround time? does everyone receive interview who applied? etc. any info helps!
Hi! Do you have any insight on the interview? My interview is on Friday.

Hi! Do you have any insight on the interview? My interview is on Friday.
They're very nice! Be prepared to answer questions on why MHA? Why Columbia? And really talk about yourself and ask questions! It is only 20 minutes long.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there, I interviewed with UNC back in December and had a really good experience! The interview is with two people; a professor and a student. To me, it was the student asking most of the questions and the professor really just asked one or two. They really made me feel at ease and the questions were pretty basic. Why MHA, why healthcare (if you're coming from a diff field), what do you bring to the table, what are your future goals and definitely expect behavioral questions about working in team settings because that's a huge part of the UNC MHA program. Good luck!
Thanks so much! This is super helpful :)

Wanted to thank you for the tips on the UW interview! I had mine today and they asked the same questions so this definitely helped me prepare. Best of luck on the rest of your interviews!
No problem! Hope it went well.

They're very nice! Be prepared to answer questions on why MHA? Why Columbia? And really talk about yourself and ask questions! It is only 20 minutes long.
Thank you! How did you answer the “why Columbia” question? if you don’t mind me asking. I was thinking of talking about some professors and their research but wanted to hear from people who’ve gone through the application process themselves

Has anyone here been rejected after the interview stage at Columbia? What was their feedback?
Did they send out more acceptances since last month? Not sure if I heard of anyone getting accepted/rejected since then.

Accepted to Rush! Does anyone know if the $250 confirmation fee is to accept the program or hold your spot within the program? Got into a couple of other universities so I'd like more time to weigh my options!

Congrats!! That’s so exciting! What was your interview like? How did you answer the “why Columbia” question?
Sorry if this is too late but the interview was about 30 minutes, pretty informal. I did some research on specific info but mostly spoke to what I had in my application and what experiences I was looking to continue at Columbia. Good luck/hope it went well!

Congrats! Wanted to clarify on what you meant by their generic invitation.
Columbia sent me an email saying that I would be contacted by a 2nd year to interview and it briefly described the interview. I received this email after I had already met with the student!

Accepted to Rush! Does anyone know if the $250 confirmation fee is to accept the program or hold your spot within the program? Got into a couple of other universities so I'd like more time to weigh my options!
I actually don't know but I pushed my Rush deadline until March 1st and will most likely push it again.

Also does anyone know if University of Michigan MHSA has an interview? I cannot find any information.

Hey, for anyone that got their Minn decisions, did it come by email? It's been almost a month since I interviewed and I'm stressed lol

Hey, for anyone that got their Minn decisions, did it come by email? It's been almost a month since I interviewed and I'm stressed lol
I interviewed 2/11 and they said the admissions committee would meet a week and a half after and we should receive decisions by the end of the month!