MHA 2022 MHA: Applied, Interviewed, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received interview for Ohio State! Can anyone provide some advice or tips if you’ve experienced an interview with OSU?

Reactions: 1 user
For those accepted to Columbia via the portal - did you ever actually receive an email?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those accepted to Columbia via the portal - did you ever actually receive an email?
Some people did receive an email. Pretty sure I didn’t because I was in the portal right when the decisions came out and that offsets the automatic email!

Some people did receive an email. Pretty sure I didn’t because I was in the portal right when the decisions came out and that offsets the automatic email!
ah okay same haha I refreshed and it was there

In at Trinity! Super excited! I'm about 90% sure I will be accepting their offer.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there are groups for admitted students for Michigan, JHU, or GWU floating around?

Has anyone got interview requests/done the interview for IUPUI or SLU? I have interview requests from both and I'm curious about what they ask. Thanks!

Has anyone got interview requests/done the interview for IUPUI or SLU? I have interview requests from both and I'm curious about what they ask. Thanks!
I have interviewed with SLU. The actual faculty interview was very informal for me. I was interviewed by Dr. Gaynor and he didn't really ask any actual interview questions. We mainly just talked about my interests, what I was currently doing, and about the program at SLU. That could just be Dr. Gaynor though. Other professors might conduct their interviews differently.

Has anyone heard back from Cornell, Columbia, Hopkins or GWU this week?

I just found out that I will be accepted at UAB. They said the admissions committee met earlier this week. Letters should go out soon.

Reactions: 4 users
I just found out that I will be accepted at UAB. They said the admissions committee met earlier this week. Letters should go out soon.
Congratulations! Hoping to hear from them soon.

Does anyone know when the next batch of Columbia decisions should be going out? Patiently, yet impatiently waiting...:rofl:

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email from UIC saying that I was accepted into the program, but when I check my application status on their website, it says that it is still under review. Has anyone else experienced this?

For those that were accepted to UAB, did your portal update?

For those that were accepted to UAB, did your portal update?
I never made a portal, but I think everyone that's getting accepted right now has just gotten verbal confirmation via phone so I doubt anything has updated. They send scholarship info with the acceptance so I'm assuming that's why it'll be 2-3 weeks before any actual email comes through

Hi everyone, I have an upcoming interview with Hopkins. What was the interview like and any info. on what was asked? Any tips/suggestions appreciated!

Congrats to everyone who got acceptances, proud of you all!

Reactions: 2 users
I never made a portal, but I think everyone that's getting accepted right now has just gotten verbal confirmation via phone so I doubt anything has updated. They send scholarship info with the acceptance so I'm assuming that's why it'll be 2-3 weeks before any actual email comes through
I can confirm that the application portal has not been updated to reflect selection.

Hi everyone, I have an upcoming interview with Hopkins. What was the interview like and any info. on what was asked? Any tips/suggestions appreciated!
Congrats!! For my interview, it was super laid back and conversational — he actually didn’t even get to ask the traditional questions around why MHA or why Hopkins because it just flowed throughout the conversation. I would say just know your why’s, future goals with the degree, and just be authentic. I had a great time. You got this! :)

Congratulations! I was offered an interview at Trinity today. Do you have any tips for the interview process?
I would just say to come prepared with any questions you might have about the program. They asked a few open-ended "get to know you" type questions, but for the most part, it was a really relaxed conversation. It's super low stress, so I wouldn't worry about it, you'll do great! Congrats, and good luck!

Hi all! I just got an email for an interview with Columbia. Any tips for the interview? Is this usually a good sign? Has anyone done an interview and then been rejected?

I interviewed with Johns Hopkins last Wednesday with director Karen and she said I would hear a response within 2 weeks. However, this morning I got an email for a 2nd interview with DR. Chin. Has anyone heard or done a 2nd interview with Hopkins? If so, what should I expect?

Hi all! I just got an email for an interview with Columbia. Any tips for the interview? Is this usually a good sign? Has anyone done an interview and then been rejected?
Congratulations! The interview is with a second year student and they ask the typical questions (why Columbia, why MHA, about yourself, career goals, etc. along those lines) and then they ask if you have any questions for them. It was more of a conversation and informal. Good luck!

Interviewing with UW and Ohio State next week!

Congratulations! The interview is with a second year student and they ask the typical questions (why Columbia, why MHA, about yourself, career goals, etc. along those lines) and then they ask if you have any questions for them. It was more of a conversation and informal. Good luck!
Thanks so much! How much time did it take after you got the email from Columbia for an interview and when you were contacted by someone to schedule it?

Last edited:
Thanks so much! How much time did it take after you got the email from Columbia for an interview and when you were contacted by someone to schedule it?
I got an email from a 2nd yr student about 3 days after the initial email with a poll to pick a time slot to interview.

Hi all, I recently decided to go back for a second master's in health administration. Currently work at a psychiatric hospital in insurance authorizations (LMSW). I'm only applying to one school so far - George Mason University - hoping to make their April class. I haven't seen really anyone applying there, and I wonder why. It's CAHME accredited (told to me by my supervisor to be absolutely necessary, I'm in NY if it matters) and the biggest thing for me is it's 100% online and flexible for working professionals. I can't do a residency or internship or extensive onsite projects. Am I missing something? Are there better CAHME programs out there that have what I'm looking for? Money not really an issue so long as they have a yellow ribbon program. Thanks

Rejected Columbia MHA just this morning

Ahhh PRAYING for USC, does anyone know when they'll be releasing decisions?

Anyone make a JHU admitted students group yet?

Hi everyone! I am a little late to the game and I would appreciate any feedback as I know that most programs have rolling admissions, excluding University of Washington.

School: Large state university
Major: Bachelor of Science, Healthcare Administration
GPA: 3.5/3.3 SOPHAS verified
GRE: N/A
Experience:
- 3+ years experience in a healthcare compliance consulting firm (one year in management)
- 9 month internship with the healthcare unit of my local Legal Aid, where I helped low income individuals experiencing access to care issues

Applied: UW (1/12), Michigan (1/29), Minn (1/29) OSU (1/29), Texas A&M (1/29)
Interview:
Waitlist:
Rejected:
Attending:

Hope I’m not too late! My top choice is UW and they do not begin reviewing applications until after the deadline, so I’m hoping for the best.

If anyone has had experience with late applications, any feedback would be appreciated.
Hey! Have you heard back from UW yet?

Hey! Have you heard back from UW yet?
Yes! I have an interview with an alumni next week. According to their email, they expect to make their first round of offers by February 25th and they’re holding a virtual Admitted Students day on March 25th.

Has anyone had an interview with UW yet? My interview’s tomorrow and I’m kinda nervous. Appreciate any advice :)

I’m sorry about Columbia, but don’t lose hope!

I was told USC decisions would come no earlier than end of February!

Im sorry about Columbia :( But you got this!! I'm sure it'll work out :)

Do you mind sharing ur stats and when you applied to the programs?