2024-2025 Cooper (Rowan)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II on Friday! Scheduled it but honestly strongly considering withdrawing, CMSRU is not one of my top picks and honestly I thought i was getting yield protected out
 
+1 IS II on Friday! Scheduled it but honestly strongly considering withdrawing, CMSRU is not one of my top picks and honestly I thought i was getting yield protected out
Did you withdraw yet? It went from not one of my top picks to one of my top picks after interview day. I think stick around to see what you think.
 
Could anyone provide any insight into the interview day? How as the actual interview session? Happy to PM! Anything helps!
Honestly it was super chill! There's a welcome session where everyone introduces themself and then you do your actual interview. The interview is 30 mins with two interviewers at the same time, one who has read your file and one who hasn't. The questions were pretty standard and accurate to what's on the sdn interview feedback page. Then after that there are some optional Q+A sessions with current students/faculty. The whole day felt super laid back and everyone I met was really sweet. Good luck with your interview!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they’re still sending out IIs?
I'm not sure but they did mention on 2/14 interview date that it was the 14/16 interview dates available for the cycle. I think they've had their 15th session already and will probably have their 16th soon ):
 
Couple questions for prior students (please answer any if you can):
1) How long is the turn around time for financial aid to hear back after applying to it once accepted
2) Is it typical for people to receive scholarship or not so common?
3) When did you start looking for housing/roommates, and how did you go about doing so/recommend what to do?
4) Do you have any Anki decks you could share from your years for learning or that gets passed down?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current M2 at Cooper here!

We're looking for a med student to rent a room in our 4-bed house in Lanning Square, Camden—just a 5-6 min walk from the med school. The house is newly built, in a safe area, and has great amenities. Finished basement with study space & workout equipment, washer/dryer, central AC, walk-in closet, and professional cleaning every 2 weeks. All roommates are med students. Rent is only $700/month with all utilities included.

Let me know if you’re interested!

Also, feel free to reach out if you have any med school related questions in general.
 
Does anyone know when Cooper’s commit to enroll deadline is? Apparently it’s school specific and you don’t actually have to select commit to anywhere on April 30.
 
Yes, I too was very confused by this!! Apparently only plan to enroll is necessary. I’m on two waitlists but Cooper is probably my top choice, and those other two schools specify that their commit to deadlines are in June and July respectively
I emailed them about this. They said "we do not have a set deadline" but you will lose deposit past April 30.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad