25Q MCAT, cGPA ~3.85, sGPA ~3.85 Chances for DO school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agent47

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT
25Q June 2010 MCAT 22O July 2009 PS 10, BS 10 and VR...
VR - 5
PS - 8
BS - 12

This time around I tried a lot for Verbal...Did over a 45 practice test just for verbal alone. Even though my english is well, I just can't score well on Verbal. It has a lot to do with vocabs. I can't memorize the dictionary. It has been only 7 years since I have moved to US. English is actually my third language! Never loved reading books. I tried reading broad stuff this time around but I just can't seem to increase my VR score. PS is my strongest section but for some reason, I had a bad luck.

Both Science and Cumulative GPA around 3.85 or slighly higher!

Research
- 3 Publication
- 1 in radiation oncology and two in cardiology

Volunteering
- 3yrs
A lot of Shadowing
Observership in Anesthesiology and Ophthalmology

Tremendous amount of exposure to Medical field and many other extracurricular activity.

I'm having thoughts about going to ROSS. Need some honest opinion to what are my chances for this cylce!
Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend retaking the MCAT (only if you think you can improve). And I think you can improve because you have a good GPA. For Ross and stuff, you will be fine, but for any other US MD, you would have a good shot at 30 +
If not retaking, apply DO. :luck: DONT GO CARRIBEAN
I can feel your pain with verbal, English is my second language too. I have a 4.0 but idk how I would do on MCAT - think verbal will take me down :(

i took it twice, a 6 and then a 10. immigrant for 7 years at the time of my second test. just read with confidence. i would retake the mcat in the spring if i were you, but do apply to school in this cycle.