1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

28Q,3.6 Retake or not?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Bordeaux, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Bordeaux

7+ Year Member

What should I do with a 28Q...I don;t care about what school i go to...just want tp be an american grad...and i want to be part of the 2003 freshman class...should i retake?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hoo\/er

Hoo\/er if($profit){replicate();}
    10+ Year Member

I think that you have a great chance with a 28Q and a 3.6 GPA. You should have decent ECs, write a good PS, and apply to a wide range of schools. Another person posted a similar question regarding their stats (29 MCAT, 3.5 GPA), so you might want to check out that thread.

Hoovah

4. MSTP boy

MSTP boy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Bordeaux:
    <strong>What should I do with a 28Q...I don;t care about what school i go to...just want tp be an american grad...and i want to be part of the 2003 freshman class...should i retake?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you'll have a decent chance, at least at your state school(s). :)

5. Wahoo07

Wahoo07 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is the 28 balanced? If it is, then you've got a good shot. If it's lopsided, then you might want to think about retaking.

6. Bordeaux

7+ Year Member

yeah its balanced...9V, 10P, 9B...i am a little worried about the 9 in verbal and the 9 in bio.

7. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You are very close to the average score for matriculants. I would go ahead and apply to a wide range of schools. Only retake if you think you can significantly improve your score.

8. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

You know your application best.
    Be realistic, yet confident.
    Good luck.

9. dr kevin40

dr kevin40 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I def think u should retake if u were scoring higher on ur practice tests AND u r not a URM.

just my advice tho.