MD 3.01 uGPA, 4.0 pbGPA 511 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ppushpak

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. 3.01 uGPA, 4.0 post-bacc GPA. Will update with BCPM when AMCAS verifies me
  2. 511 (127/126/128/130)
  3. Virginia
  4. Asian (Indian)
  5. University of Virginia
  6. 300 hours as a Volunteer Athletic Trainer for UVA Athletic Department, currently have 100 hours volunteering at a free clinic, currently have 150 hours working as a scribe in an ophthalmology clinic
  7. 280 hours researching in Neurology/Neonatology - 1 year - no publications
  8. 170 hours shadowing (internal medicine, nephrology, anesthesiology, cardiothoracic surgery, and ophthalmology)
  9. 40 hours volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, 50 hours mentoring with underprivileged youth, I have more but I didn't include on my AMCAS due to space/significance/short-term
  10. 4 years of a club sport dance team, 4 years leadership including President in a cultural organization with 400+ members, Class Council for one year, Asian Leaders Council for one year
  11. Won some competitions while on previously mentioned club-sport team, won Asian cultural organization of the year while President in previously mentioned cultural organization
  12. Very slow upward trend over 5 years including post-baccalaureate (2.9, 2.8, 2.9, 3.4, 4.0). Also was an Economics major
WAMC and what schools should I apply to? I have applied to a few schools already (state schools + surrounding area) but would love to hear more suggestions. Thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It is a 3.17

Also I believe that my post baccalaureate coursework is more in line with an SMP than retaking undergraduate pre med courses.

Courses: Physiology, Biochemistry, Histology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Embrology, Intro to Anatomy, Neuroanatomy

Members don't see this ad :)
It is a 3.17

Also I believe that my post baccalaureate coursework is more in line with an SMP than retaking undergraduate pre med courses.

Courses: Physiology, Biochemistry, Histology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Embrology, Intro to Anatomy, Neuroanatomy

If I could ask, how many credit hours was that?

If I could ask, how many credit hours was that?

VCU CERT (Postbaccalaureate) was 27 credit hours
5 credits - Physiology
5- Histology
5 credits - Biochemistry 1
5 credits - Biochemistry 2, Cell Biology, and Molecular Biology
2 credits - Embryology
2 credits - Intro to Human Anatomy
2 credits - Neuroanatomy
1 credit (not graded - Pass/Fail) - Clinical Shadowing

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
George Washington
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
You should apply to at least 8 DO schools also.

Reactions: 1 user