3.44 cGPA, applying August 6th. Too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mattinthehat250

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the July 6th MCAT, and my AAMC practice tests were 30,32,29,31,30. My cGPA is a 3.44. Assuming I am complete on August 6th and get my secondaries in as soon as I get them, what are my chances? I'm applying to LECOM, the Touros, ATSU-SOMA, and NSU.

Members don't see this ad.

you're fine. if you score anywhere in that mcat range you're golden in the DO applicant pool.

So I took the July 6th MCAT, and my AAMC practice tests were 30,32,29,31,30. My cGPA is a 3.44. Assuming I am complete on August 6th and get my secondaries in as soon as I get them, what are my chances? I'm applying to LECOM, the Touros, ATSU-SOMA, and NSU.

I would recommend adding DMU and other top tier DO schools to that list. Maybe KCUM as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you absolutely want to only apply to DO schools, depending what state you are from it is not unreasonable to apply to a few MD schools.

I'm sure you will do great, however. Good luck!!!

Are you serious? Do I really have a chance at top tier DO schools?

If you can get a 30+ MCAT, you are competitive for DMU. Your GPA would be below their average but their average MCAT is 27, so a 30+ should give you a possible interview opportunity. Its a great school. Doesn't hurt to apply broadly.

I looked up KCUMB and will definitely add it to my list, as well as DMU. Any other schools I should consider? I'm from California so not sure if MD schools would be a good idea.