3.5 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 512

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AntsInMyEyes_Johnson

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok.. so I've finally got my MCAT score back and I think it's time for me to make a legit WAMC post for myself.. this is what I'm working with:

MCAT
512 (126/126/131/129)
87th percentile

GPA Breakdown (I have a very strong upward trend)
Freshman - 2.1 GPA, 1.8 sGPA (Former University)

Running to date - just what is stated above, 1st year and all... then transferred and lost some credits

Sophomore - 3.9 GPA (that year), 4.0 sGPA (that year)

Running to date - 3.0 cGPA, 2.4 csGPA

Junior - 3.7 GPA (that year), 3.5 sGPA (that year)

Running to date - 3.3 cGPA, 2.9 csGPA

Senior - 4.0 GPA (for 2 years), 4.0 sGPA (for 2 years) [currently taking a fifth year to finish coursework, received a 4.0 the fourth year with higher level BPCM coursework and projecting the same for the 5th year]

Final GPA - 3.5 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA

Specifics / ECs / Research / Employment
Biology & Psychology Double Major
Dean's List (All Semesters at Second University)
Cognition Laboratory Research (~250 hours)
1 Poster, Not-Presented personally, but at a National level conference
Founder/President/Senior Advisor of neuroscience organization on campus (800+ hours and will continue till May)
Shadowing of PNSG (~10 hours)
Watch Repairmen and Sales Rep (~1300 hours)
SAT Math Instructor for Company (~100 hours)
1-year Neuropsychology Clinical Research Internship Program followed by brief summer employment (~800 hours)
Distinguished Student Award from Academic Department
Molecular Pharmacology Laboratory Research (30+ hours [just joined and will continue till May])

The above information is chronological for the most part. I intend to have a couple dozen more shadowing hours before June and I will soon begin volunteering at a local hospital and expect to achieve ~200 hours of clinical volunteering before June. I also hope to actually present research at another conference in the coming year and I'm working on a paper that I will most likely be mid-author on. So... with all that said, what are my chances at what schools, what more should I do, and should I retake a 512?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your 3 NJ state public schools are where your best chances are. You could also try these schools:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
any new schools that open for 2019 (Seton Hall, Kaiser, Roseman, NOVA MD)

Reactions: 1 user