3.5 GPA 510 MCAT URM TX: Help with school list!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

globaldoc27

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am in the process of planning out which schools to apply to and wanted to know which schools are reasonable.

I am AA (Nigerian) female with 3.5 OGPA, 3.42BCPM, 499->510 MCAT. I am currently enrolled in a masters program that's geared to help pre- professional students.

I have 1 year in a research lab ~100 hours. I will have ~50 hours with 2 orthopedic surgeons, cardiologist and a trauma surgeon. Also, I just started volunteering with a cardiology clinic helping room patients, take vitals and doing EKGs.

Volunteered at the local food bank and habitat for humanity. At the time of matriculation I should have ~300 hours.

I have worked as a bus driver for the university for 2 years. Worked at a supermarket back home for the last 5 years (go back and work on breaks now). In my gap semester between undergrad and grad school, I worked as a CNA ~700 hours. I just got a job as a scribe which is around ~20 hours a week. Should have about ~800 hours in this by matriculation time.

Current school list: Texas resident
Texas A&M
Baylor
Mcgovern
UTMB
U of Houston
Texas Tech
UTSW
Dell
UTSA
Duke
Brown
NYU Langone (not Grossman)
Stanford
Mayo
Harvard (bc why tf not lol)

Members don't see this ad.

What networking has your master's program facilitated? You should be watching the TMDSAS videos from each of the school's admissions professionals/deans (available on YouTube) and get a pretty in-depth view of the TMDSAS process. The advice videos on writing essays and interviews apply well with AMCAS and AACOMAS to an extent. But my hope is that you already have a link with SNMA chapters at all the schools in the state as well as any desired schools out of state. I presume you have not had major problems with your master's program and will get a strong LOE from the program director/faculty.

Reactions: 1 user
Apply to all your Texas schools and you should receive several interviews. Are there any other regions of the country that interest you ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to all your Texas schools and you should receive several interviews. Are there any other regions of the country that interest you ?
Are there any out of state schools my stats could potentially get me in with?

Are there any out of state schools my stats could potentially get me in with?
You could try any of these AMCAS schools:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
TCU-UNT
Tulane
Miami
Emory
St. Louis
NYU Long Island
Pittsburgh