This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iwannabdentist123

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Here are my stats:
cGPA: 3.53
sGPA: 3.48
DAT: 22 AA/ 21 TS/ 24 OC/ 21 GC/ 19 BIO/ 22 RC/ 22 QR/ 20 PAT
300+ Dental Shadowing Hours
100+ Volunteer Hours (going to be 400+ hours after my 2 week mission trip to Africa this summer)
2 Strong LOR and 1 Okay LOR
2 years of research
Lots of Extracurricular (President/Founder of a club, Soccer Captain and won IM league, PreDental Society)
I am a rising senior, and my GPA has an upward trend (got a 4.09 last quarter).

And I'm applying to:
School (GPA/AA)
1. Harvard (3.85/23)
2. UCLA (3.75/23)
3. COLUMBIA (3.7/23)
4. UCSF (3.69/22.4)
5. UPENN (3.62/21)
6. USC (3.51/20.2)
7. Maryland (3.4/20)
8. TUFTS (3.37/19)

What are my chances? Should I apply to more schools?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Here are my stats:
cGPA: 3.53
sGPA: 3.48
DAT: 22 AA/ 21 TS/ 24 OC/ 21 GC/ 19 BIO/ 22 RC/ 22 QR/ 20 PAT
300+ Dental Shadowing Hours
100+ Volunteer Hours (going to be 400+ hours after my 2 week mission trip to Africa this summer)
2 Strong LOR and 1 Okay LOR
2 years of research
Lots of Extracurricular (President/Founder of a club, Soccer Captain and won IM league, PreDental Society)
I am a rising senior, and my GPA has an upward trend (got a 4.09 last quarter).

And I'm applying to:
School (GPA/AA)
1. Harvard (3.85/23)
2. UCLA (3.75/23)
3. COLUMBIA (3.7/23)
4. UCSF (3.69/22.4)
5. UPENN (3.62/21)
6. USC (3.51/20.2)
7. Maryland (3.4/20)
8. TUFTS (3.37/19)

What are my chances? Should I apply to more schools?

First two will be tough with your gpa, but the reat are fine. Might be a good idea to add two or three more schools.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I would be applying to schools with
I'm thinking of adding Boston University and NYU! What do you guys think?

Have you purchased the AADSAS guide? A majority of your schools are higher than your current GPA and current DAT score, it is fairly risky adding just those without schools that you have a better shot at. BU has a fairly high GPA as well. NYU would be in your GPA range. Maybe consider Touro, Western, Arizona for a few schools with GPAs closer/lower than yours. Good luck!