3.55 GPA 528 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Walter Raleigh

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Low tiers top 20s prefer a higher mcat

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
A guy I know has a 3.55 cgpa/3.57 sgpa with strong upward trend from a top 30 undergrad, but a perfect 528 MCAT. He's a White dude from Texas, graduated college in May 2014.

Dude has:
3500 hours research in metabolism
One first author paper accepted with revisions, two co-author publications, three abstracts, one poster presentation
He'll be co-author on a few more publications in the coming months, but these are not yet submitted

Clinical experience:
1200 hours Emergency department medical scribe
200 hours EMT volunteering
50 hours shadowing: 25 endocrinologist in academic med/ 25 hours radiology

Non-clinical Employment/Volunteering:
Resident Assistant (1 year)
Computer Science TA (1 semester)
Climbing director of undergrad outdoor club (1 year)
Route-setter at climbing gym (10 months)
350 hours volunteer adult ESL tutor
150 hours volunteer tutor/childcare at battered women's shelter

Hobbies/Extracurriculars:
Outdoor climbing plus Climbing Team (2 years)

What d'you think his chances are? Do you think he can apply to the likes of Harvard and Yale? His MCAT is stratospheric, a level that only 30 or so people, at most, achieve yearly - but his GPA is low for MD schools.
In short, Yes. He should still apply everywhere in Texas and then add schools like Harvard/Yale as he sees fit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Reactions: 2 users
"A troll I know"

Reactions: 1 users
I have noticed that trend too. Do you know why or have any sources for that?
Don't ask how I know, but I heard that almost all schools prefer a high MCAT over a low one. Sickening, isn't it?

Reactions: 1 user
Don't ask how I know, but I heard that almost all schools prefer a high MCAT over a low one. Sickening, isn't it?

You're hilarious. Obviously, you have not looked at the MSAR long enough to notice that 17-20 rank schools seem to have similar MCAT scores as 1-3 rank schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user