-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WAMC International 3.7/528
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Boston University
Case Western
Emory
Dartmouth
George Washington
Georgetown
Mount Sinai
Jefferson
Johns Hopkins
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
Medical College Wisconsin
New York Medical College
U Penn
St. Louis
Stanford
Tulane
UCLA
U Illinois
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Wayne State
Yale
Boston University
Case Western
Emory
Dartmouth
George Washington
Georgetown
Mount Sinai
Jefferson
Johns Hopkins
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
Medical College Wisconsin
New York Medical College
U Penn
St. Louis
Stanford
Tulane
UCLA
U Illinois
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Wayne State
Yale
Thank you for your reply!I suggest these schools with your stats:
Boston University
Case Western
Emory
Dartmouth
George Washington
Georgetown
Mount Sinai
Jefferson
Johns Hopkins
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
Medical College Wisconsin
New York Medical College
U Penn
St. Louis
Stanford
Tulane
UCLA
U Illinois
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Wayne State
Yale
What is Loma Linda's mission exactly? And also, do you think I can add more of the top schools that fully fund students in-need or is there any particular reason I should not? Since I will be taking one gap year at least, what other parts of my app do u think I should work on?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pipi&Pomegranate
Full Member
gwI suggest these schools with your stats:
Boston University
Case Western
Emory
Dartmouth
George Washington
Georgetown
Mount Sinai
Jefferson
Johns Hopkins
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
Medical College Wisconsin
New York Medical College
U Penn
St. Louis
Stanford
Tulane
UCLA
U Illinois
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Wayne State
Yale
georgetown
MCW
NYMC
Wayne State (if not undergrad here)
Just wanted to note that these institutions don't accept international students at all, at least based on the current cycle!
Have you connected with Resources | F-1 Doctors ? I am swayed that you could apply to brand-name programs that accept internationals, but you should do homework on them. (See the schools represented by that organization.)
I have not but I will try looking into it!Have you connected with Resources | F-1 Doctors ? I am swayed that you could apply to brand-name programs that accept internationals, but you should do homework on them. (See the schools represented by that organization.)
Can you explain me exactly what I should look into regarding those competitive programs? Do you mean like their missions or their GPA requirements?
Also do you have any other particular comment on what I should do to improve my application? is it competitive enough?
Thank you very much!
Last edited:
Find a supportive community and student services infrastructure. I don't exactly have an idea of your mission fit to handicap your chances, but you should get attention for interviews.I have not but I will try looking into it!
Can you explain me exactly what I should look into regarding those competitive programs? Do you mean like their missions or their GPA requirements?
Also do you have any other particular comment on what I should do to improve my application? is it competitive enough?
Thank you very much!
Thank you! I was mostly worried about my GPA and having CC courses on transcript, but if that doesn't harm my chances (especially as an intl. applicant) then I hope that the rest of my app is convincing enough.Find a supportive community and student services infrastructure. I don't exactly have an idea of your mission fit to handicap your chances, but you should get attention for interviews.
Go to the Loma Linda website. I excluded schools that admit 2 or fewer internationals. For schools that admit only 1 or 2, the candidates are usually internal. Your ECs are good.Thank you for your reply!
What is Loma Linda's mission exactly? And also, do you think I can add more of the top schools that fully fund students in-need or is there any particular reason I should not? Since I will be taking one gap year at least, what other parts of my app do u think I should work on?
Do you think my GPA or transcript containing classes from a CC can impact my chances negatively? I've read multiple times about how a good mcat doesnt necessarily make up for a bad gpa. ThanksGo to the Loma Linda website. I excluded schools that admit 2 or fewer internationals. For schools that admit only 1 or 2, the candidates are usually internal. Your ECs are good.
Your GPA is not bad. You have 4.0 for 3 years in a row.Do you think my GPA or transcript containing classes from a CC can impact my chances negatively? I've read multiple times about how a good mcat doesnt necessarily make up for a bad gpa. Thanks
Yeah, and to second that - they have a perfect MCAT and strong ECs. If they weren't international, they'd be Harvard material. They still may be.Your GPA is not bad. You have 4.0 for 3 years in a row.
Sorry if this question is stupid but for my 3rd & 5th year I have less credits than 1/2/4th year (because some semesters are internships), I still took 1-2 courses even during my work terms (mostly bio/orgo pre-reqs) but its not as heavy as an entire school year, do you think this means anything to the admissions committees? and would they downplay the improvement because I had less credits?Your GPA is not bad. You have 4.0 for 3 years in a row.
Also, how do you think I should be classifying 5ys of courses into the 4ys categorization (freshman/soph/junior/senior) ?
@Mr.Smile12 do u have any idea about how I should approach this if u dont mind!
Thank you all! Sorry i'm totally clueless about the AMCAS stuff
Make sure you read the 2025 AMCAS applicant guide:Sorry if this question is stupid but for my 3rd & 5th year I have less credits than 1/2/4th year (because some semesters are internships), I still took 1-2 courses even during my work terms (mostly bio/orgo pre-reqs) but its not as heavy as an entire school year, do you think this means anything to the admissions committees? and would they downplay the improvement because I had less credits?
Also, how do you think I should be classifying 5ys of courses into the 4ys categorization (freshman/soph/junior/senior) ?
@Mr.Smile12 do u have any idea about how I should approach this if u dont mind!
Thank you all! Sorry i'm totally clueless about the AMCAS stuff
Coursework entry, classifying by year
If you have questions, send an email to the helpdesk .
No one gets extra credit points for overloading their schedules. Conversely, no one really cares so much if you underload. Consider when prompted to state the circumstances why you had to lighten your courseload to help reviewers with context (in case there is that faculty member who wants to know).