3.99/520 Reapplicant - School List Help WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bigfishpatty

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently on the WL at 2 schools, but would like to prepare in case I need to reapply.

I have added more hours in research, clinical exposure, non-clinical volunteering, shadowing.

cGPA/MCAT: 3.99/520 (LM ~77)
State of residence: Northern California
Ethnicity: South East Asian (FAP applicant)
Undergrad institution: Top 50 University

Clinical experience
200 hours ------> ~400 hours of hospital volunteering/ patient research
Non-clinical volunteering
40 hours -------> ~200 hours of clothing distribution for homeless community
Research
2000 hours w/ 3 publications (none first author) -------> 3000 hours w/ a first author publication and few abstracts accepted as well
Shadowing
50 hours -----> 80 hours GI clinic

Dean's list for all quarters and a citation academic award for high GPA

Not too picky. I just want to get in somewhere.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Which schools did you apply to ? Where were you interviewed and where are you on the waitlist ?

This was my school list. I interviewed at Columbia and UCSD. Both were waitlists. I think I might have applied to too few schools, so I am hoping for a more expansive list this time around.

Stanford
WashU
Columbia
NYU
Vanderbilt
Cornell
Northwestern
Ohio State
Darthmouth
Einstein
UVA
USF Morsani
SLU
UCLA
UCSF
UCSF
UCD
UCI
Kaiser
USC
CUSM

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you need to reapply I suggest these school from your current cycle:
UCSD
Columbia
Stanford
WashU
NYU
Vanderbilt
Cornell
Northwestern
Ohio State
Dartmouth
Einstein
UVA
USF Morsani
UCLA
UCSF
UCSF
UCD
UCI
Kaiser
USC
CUSM
You could add these schools:
Boston University
Brown
Hofstra
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Cincinnati
U Michigan
U Chicago
Duke
Emory
Miami

If you need to reapply I suggest these school from your current cycle:
UCSD
Columbia
Stanford
WashU
NYU
Vanderbilt
Cornell
Northwestern
Ohio State
Dartmouth
Einstein
UVA
USF Morsani
UCLA
UCSF
UCSF
UCD
UCI
Kaiser
USC
CUSM
You could add these schools:
Boston University
Brown
Hofstra
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Cincinnati
U Michigan
U Chicago
Duke
Emory
Miami

Thanks for the list. Do you know of any "lower" tier schools that I could add? Would Yale/JHU/those tier schools be okay adding or too much of a reach?

I know nothing is guaranteed but do you think the improvements I made to my applications are significant enough for more interviews? I will probably be working on interview skills as well.

You already have enough high tier schools on your list. Your added activities should increase your chances for interviews. Most lower tier schools will "yield protect" ( they will not interview your because your stats are too high and they know you would attend UCSD or Columbia instead of their school).

You already have enough high tier schools on your list. Your added activities should increase your chances for interviews. Most lower tier schools will "yield protect" ( they will not interview your because your stats are too high and they know you would attend UCSD or Columbia instead of their school).
Hmm okay that makes sense. I shall make a new list with your suggestions thanks.

Did you update your WL schools with your new hours?
I updated my WL schools on my updated non-clinical hours and my other activities but didn't list specific hours for these other activities.