3 weeks left and I havent even done a writing passage anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cooolguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering if you guys are like me on this one?

Members don't see this ad.

Cooolguy said:

I never practiced a single one, although I did read some strategy for it. I ended up with a P, which is definitely acceptable.

Cooolguy said:

how good of a writer are you in your social science or liberal arts classes? i only practiced one night, and never wrote, more just reviewed the methods and thought about what i would say, examples I may give to some practice prompts. i got an S, but all my anthropology, english classes, etc were straight As. if you are an A or B student in those classes I think you'll be fine. but if you are not strong on bluebook exams and essays, then i would try to crank some out.

also, are you kind of a history/cultural buff? if you are not you may want to review lots and lots of prompts and try to think of meaningful examples. one event or time in history (rise of internet culture, Harlem Renaissance, or the space race) could be used in multiple illustrative examples. If there's an area you always focused in, don't be afraid to draw from that knowledge.

Members don't see this ad :)
I always felt that they were difficult to do because once you were finished you had no idea of what your score was. I would just practice making sure you can write two pages in half hour. Also read through the tips that examkrackers offers

This engineer didn't practice at all but still managed an S. Yet I would suggest sitting down and trying to write at least one in half an hour just to get a feel for it. If you really have the time, perhaps think of some stock examples for an inevitable political or social question like medanthgirl said. Still, don't sweat it.

pej722 said:
I always felt that they were difficult to do because once you were finished you had no idea of what your score was. I would just practice making sure you can write two pages in half hour. Also read through the tips that examkrackers offers

Where does EK offer tips on the writing sample?

i'm not planning on going over the writing section until the last week, not really too worried about it, even though i'm a horrible writer.

nope, haven't done one yet

we'll see, maybe i'll just wing it

yes i said i'll just WING IT, i know i know it is SO against the premed mantra

I just started to do the WS when doing the FLs more for stamina right before the Bio section just to make sure that I can keep on going. Not really worried about this section though.

I've done one and plan to do 1-2 more (probably when I take AAMC 9 since I am taking that under full test conditions).

i did maybe 2-3 written passages during the course of my studying
i'm a horrible writer
i wound up with an O
i asked my premed advisor if that will hurt me, and she said no, as long as my personal statement isnt full of bad english, or i cant speak well during my interview

she also mentioned that she knew a student that got into harvard with a K

Me neither. I have no idea what to do for this section - I've been putting it off. I'm gonna flip though that section of my K@plan book this weekend.