Air Force 3 Year HPSP Air Force Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

isittoolate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently applied for the 3 year AF HPSP program and I just wanted to start a post regarding people's application status. From what I have heard from my recruiter, the first board was on November 11th and although he did not know an exact number, he estimated that ~80 people applied. In addition, he was not sure on how many spots there will be for the 3 year program, but he also guessed that there will be approximately 35 spots.

He made it sound like we will be playing the waiting game until late November to early December...has anyone else heard anything different?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told that the board was heald yesterday. So that makes it a little confusing on when the board actually happened. Hopefully we hear something before December.

I was told board was 13 Nov, results out 27 Nov

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought we wouldn't hear until January or February.

I thought we wouldn't hear until January or February.
My recruiter emailed me back today and told me that the results will definitely be out within the next two weeks, but did not give a specific date. Let me know if you have heard anything different.

Awesome! Hopefully it's Wednesday!

Nothing. Has anybody tried calling their recruiter to see if they are even working today?

I tried to call my recruiter on Wednesday but no answer. So I hope we hear Monday then.

Recruiter emailed me and said results are not out yet but hopes to hear soon

Recruiter emailed me and said results are not out yet but hopes to hear soon

I was told they would be out Wednesday but we wouldn't hear until today. Damn I was hoping to hear today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed my recruiter this morning to see if he had any new bits of info at all, and he still hasn't replied...have any other recruiters given new dates to be looking for?

Did anybody ask their recruiter how many scholarships were given out?

Congrats mrdmd17! I was selected as well! I asked my recruiter, and he said they weren't told the numbers...

just got accepted! congratulations everyone! no idea on the numbers either

My recruiter just called to notify me that I have been accepted. He thinks that there were about 30 given out.

Congrats everyone! I was excepted as well!

Do you guys mind posting your dat score and gpa?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

i had a 3.6 gpa and 23/23 AA/TS dat score and still got denied. wtf

just wondering, how many of you who were selected attend expensive schools such as NYU or USC? for those of you who were not selected, do you attend one of those pricier schools?

just wondering, how many of you who were selected attend expensive schools such as NYU or USC? for those of you who were not selected, do you attend one of those pricier schools?

I attend my state's public school

I attend my state's public school as well.

I go to Tufts, which is almost as pricey as it gets. Not sure if this is considered in their selection criteria!

How early can you start to apply for the 3 year hpsp scholarship before your 2nd year of dental school?

How early can you start to apply for the 3 year hpsp scholarship before your 2nd year of dental school?

I first contacted the recruiter in May before my first year but was told he had to wait until they got new regulations in September. So my app process was from September until now. Contact a recruiter before starting school.

is anyone else who has been accepted yet to take their physical? I couldn't take mine before applying due to my recent Lasik. Currently waiting on a MEPS to MEPS transfer that is taking FOREVER! Is there anything I should be worried about regarding MEPS?

Are the requirements for 3 year the same as 4 year if you wait until D2 to apply? i.e. gpa, dat, letters of rec. etc.

Are the requirements for 3 year the same as 4 year if you wait until D2 to apply? i.e. gpa, dat, letters of rec. etc.
I'd like to know the answer to this too. Are the requirements the same or do they look at dental school grades too?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. Are the requirements the same or do they look at dental school grades too?

They didn't look at my dental school grades. It was all undergrad. They look at DAT and undergrad GPA. All of my letters were from people at my undergrad. Also, you apply as a D1 not a D2 for the three year.