4 weeks off for the holidays!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

humuhumu

nukunuku apua'a
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yup, at our school the first years get 4 weeks off. Finals were yesterday. I'm on break until January 8th!

Actually, half the class will take the Physical Diagnosis I course next week, then get a 4-week break; the other students (including me) are on break now and will do Physical Diagnosis during the second week of January.

Anyone else out there have such a long break this year? Next year we'll just get 2 weeks, and after that, who knows, I'll probably be working on Christmas for the next ten years....:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

4 weeks is nothing compared to my... ah @#$#@ I forgot, we only get 8 days off.... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, at our school the first years get 4 weeks off. Finals were yesterday. I'm on break until January 8th!

Actually, half the class will take the Physical Diagnosis I course next week, then get a 4-week break; the other students (including me) are on break now and will do Physical Diagnosis during the second week of January.

Anyone else out there have such a long break this year? Next year we'll just get 2 weeks, and after that, who knows, I'll probably be working on Christmas for the next ten years....:rolleyes:

Im jealous, a month off would be amazing. I do get 2 weeks though, which isnt too bad.

You may get 4 weeks now, but when does yr 1 end at your school? We got 2 weeks off at Xmas and finished at the beginning of May (back in the day when I was a first year).

You may get 4 weeks now, but when does yr 1 end at your school? We got 2 weeks off at Xmas and finished at the beginning of May (back in the day when I was a first year).

Good point. We don't finish until June 8th, and then get an 11-week summer break. I guess it's a zero-sum game....

Good point. We don't finish until June 8th, and then get an 11-week summer break. I guess it's a zero-sum game....

Seeing as though you are at Utah, I think the 4 weeks off now is critical (that is if there is decent snow and you are a snowboarder/skier). I did my basic sciences in Reno, so I was 30 min from Tahoe. I wish we woulda had 4 weeks off during late Dec/early Jan.

Seeing as though you are at Utah, I think the 4 weeks off now is critical (that is if there is decent snow and you are a snowboarder/skier). I did my basic sciences in Reno, so I was 30 min from Tahoe. I wish we woulda had 4 weeks off during late Dec/early Jan.

Good point. The snow right now isn't bad (i.e., the resorts are open), but we could use another storm. Looks like there's a 70% of that wish coming true tomorrow. :thumbup:

I hate you!!!!!!!! :mad: I only get 2 piches weeks......Grrrrrr

J/K Dude, enjoy your break! :thumbup:

but you have to live in utah. I'd rather not have 4 weeks off and not have to live in utah.

but you have to live in utah. I'd rather not have 4 weeks off and not have to live in utah.

I can understand that sentiment. Salt Lake City is almost the only place in Utah I'd want to live (Park City is another one). But there are many, many beautiful places to visit in Utah. And it's nice to be close to family (especially for my wife and kids). It's all about trade-offs.

I would lay low for a little while. Some of us are still taking finals and liable to spazz out at anyone already on winter break.

I may or may not be one of those lunatics.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would lay low for a little while. Some of us are still taking finals and liable to spazz out at anyone already on winter break.

I may or may not be one of those lunatics.

:D

Good luck with finals! This too shall pass... :luck:

:D

Good luck with finals! This too shall pass... :luck:

You're alright in my book. I'll take my displaced finals aggression elsewhere. Enjoy your break ;)

if you have four weeks off? when does your school end"???????

I'm at school with bgreet . . . I think we actually have 11 days off the 22nd - 1st, still way too short. Good news is I'm just bumming around these last days. No cummulative finals! Just an exam and the lower limb and some biochem . . . hooray!

I get 2 weeks off, but 2 days of break are taken away from me as travel days. It sucks, we start class on 2 Jan, I have to leave home on 31 Dec to get back by 1 Jan. Guess that's something to put up with if you live in Hawaii though.

And Funk... I haven't had so much fun in any exam block yet. Maybe you should watch more tv -- forget about micro. ;) (Watch it bite me in the butt and I'll lose my buffer.)

Our school only gives us 2 weeks, but I'm glad. They shaved off a couple weeks here and there throughout 1st and 2nd year to give us 2 months off early 2nd year to study for the boards. Although starting early August and getting done late May really blows lol.

MSII here! We have about 2 weeks off, and literally, as soon as we return, we take a moc Step I exam :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm going to enjoy my vacation, b/c next semester is a nightmare itching to happen..

Oh, what I wouldn't give to be a first year again +pity+ lol..

if you have four weeks off? when does your school end"???????

June 8, followed by 11-week summer break. I'll be doing research all but one of those weeks.

Be happy that you guys get all that time off. We do not get off until Dec 22 and then we have to start back up on Jan 2. I wish it were longer. Plus we are year round so it does not affect when we start our summer break.

i know that this is a somewhat different topic but i am unable to start my own thread at the moment. i have the physiology shelf tomorrow morning and was wondering if anybody has any recommendations on what topics i should focus my studying on. any help would be appreciated.

I'm at school with bgreet . . . I think we actually have 11 days off the 22nd - 1st, still way too short. Good news is I'm just bumming around these last days. No cummulative finals! Just an exam and the lower limb and some biochem . . . hooray!

11 days and not 8?!?! You've made my night!!!! :D

Every day is a vacation when you don't go to lecture. Sort of. At least you can sleep in.

Every day is a vacation when you don't go to lecture. Sort of. At least you can sleep in.

Not to mention harrassing students who actually went to class on instant messenger. That's a favorite hobby of mine.

wow it looks like i get the worst of it...i get off the 22nd and have to be in class jan 2nd. then im in class until june 1st. what i would do for 4 weeks off in utah...

2.3 weeks off, not finished 'til. . . uh. . the end of June. And then only a 3 week summer. :(

I be finished for the term. Now must wait for party to start to start binge drinking. Ahh. Good times. If you ain't puking, ya aint tryin.

I be finished for the term. Now must wait for party to start to start binge drinking. Ahh. Good times. If you ain't puking, ya aint tryin.

What kind of sorry-@ss med student are you? Who says you have to wait til others are around to commence your binge? You would flunk outta my school. For shame. Congrats on finishing up.

We took our anatomy final today and get three weeks off - until Jan 7. We then have class straight until I believe June 8th, with a week somewhere in early april for spring break. Next summer we get only 5 weeks off.....second year starts like july 20....:(

I miss the 3 and a half month summer vacations of undergrad, even if I was taking classes during most of them (easy classes, so it was still good vacation mostly...)....sigh.

I'm on rotations, I get christmas off and thats it. Guess I shouldn't complain, I could always be on call for christmas.