489 okay score for TPR Diagnostic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajax224

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I took a practice MCAT today through TPR. I have not started studying at all. (my exam date is in august and I'm enrolled for a class throughout the summer. I have no other requirement's over the summer so MCAT studying will be my life). I scored a 489 with chemphys: 121 biobiochem: 121 CARS: 123 and psysoc: 124. I know TPR and Kaplan make their diagnostics harder so that you'll be scared into buying a course, but I just wanted to see if my score was okay for a diagnostic. If anyone has any insight please share it!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys. I took a practice MCAT today through TPR. I have not started studying at all. (my exam date is in august and I'm enrolled for a class throughout the summer. I have no other requirement's over the summer so MCAT studying will be my life). I scored a 489 with chemphys: 121 biobiochem: 121 CARS: 123 and psysoc: 124. I know TPR and Kaplan make their diagnostics harder so that you'll be scared into buying a course, but I just wanted to see if my score was okay for a diagnostic. If anyone has any insight please share it!
I’m from the camps that believes pre-review practice exams are not very useful.

Reactions: 1 users
Step 1: Take a deep breath
Step 2: Find solace that you have a few months to study
Step 3: Learn/Review content
Step 4: Own the MCAT.

My first full length was a 496, and I recently got a 507 on my practice Kaplan. If you dedicate the time and attention, you can succeed.

Members don't see this ad :)

Practice tests are most useful when you’re done with content review and are working to improve your test taking skills. Focus on finishing your content review first, do a lot of practice passages, and then take practice exams.

Reactions: 1 users
Diagnostics are meant to convince you to buy their product. Which you will do if you score low.

They're not predictive anyway. Stop wasting your mind and emotional energy on it and get to work.

Reactions: 1 user