4th Year College Student Applying This Summer

Started by Reptilio93
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Reptilio93

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Soooo…… I'm pretty terrified about applying for Vet School as I here about all this experience and work I need and I feel I don't really qualify.
I didn't really get my act together until Junior year of college (my past year) and so I'm very worried about where I stand and if I should even Apply

CURRENT ACADEMICS:
CGPA: 3.25
Science GPA: 3.24

*of course I plan to raise this GPA (and it probably will go up realistically to a 3.35 or something above that)
Experience/hours: roughly 800 hours

I'm working two different vet internships this summer and working at a pet hotel and i'm not sure if that really looks good or bad or just neutral to hours. I'm studying for the GRE now but have no idea how I'm going to do well, but I have faith that I probably will.
I've had amazing quarters and then I've had terrible quarters so I'm not sure where I stand.

Am I even a worthy candidate for ANY accredited vet school?

*Also I don't mind cold hard truth… please be straightforward with me and no sugarcoating.
**Also Hi! New here!
 
Also check out the various c/o of 2019 threads! There's current students in these threads as well to help you out