50 days until the written boards/in-service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drfeelgood

In Gas We Trust
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A big shout out for all those suckas cramming for the Boards. I got my pirated Notes and the Hall test book by my side. I think I already passed it last year as a CA-2, but I'm starting to get jumpy b/c this time it's for real.

Word on the street.... Just do Hall twice and you should do fine. :thumbup:

Ranger Blue Attack!!!!! :laugh: And avoid those beach pill boxes!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

On another note.....

When I become an attending this summer, should I get the new twin-turbo 335i (302 horsepower) or wait until next year for the 8 cylinder 400 bhp M3 :thumbup: ????

Ahhh....... decisions......decisions..... :rolleyes:

drfeelgood said:
A big shout out for all those suckas cramming for the Boards. I got my pirated Notes and the Hall test book by my side. I think I already passed it last year as a CA-2, but I'm starting to get jumpy b/c this time it's for real.

Word on the street.... Just do Hall twice and you should do fine. :thumbup:

Ranger Blue Attack!!!!! :laugh: And avoid those beach pill boxes!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Big blue, Faust, once more through M&M was my formula. Focus on Big Blue. Hall helps, but don't put more emphasis on it than BB.

Members don't see this ad :)
UTSouthwestern said:
Big blue, Faust, once more through M&M was my formula. Focus on Big Blue. Hall helps, but don't put more emphasis on it than BB.

I've gone through BB 1.5 times.(should finish the last 0.5 of BB by the end of this month) Perhaps I should revisit my trusted friend.... M + M.

I have audio blue and I've been told that it is very similar to BB. I find the CD's pretty useful (although Jensen is a bit monotone and boring on audio). You think I should spend the $ and get BB and use it for the next three years?
I have M and M, but really, at this point I'm just doing questions. I'll be at a new program as a CA-1 this july and don't want to totally bomb the intraining. I hate the stress of these freakn' tests... And here I was thinking STEP III was the last test I had to worry about before the ABA. Any suggestions? Buy BB or stick to audio and ?'s...?

sevoflurane said:
I have audio blue and I've been told that it is very similar to BB. I find the CD's pretty useful (although Jensen is a bit monotone and boring on audio). You think I should spend the $ and get BB and use it for the next three years?
I have M and M, but really, at this point I'm just doing questions. I'll be at a new program as a CA-1 this july and don't want to totally bomb the intraining. I hate the stress of these freakn' tests... And here I was thinking STEP III was the last test I had to worry about before the ABA. Any suggestions? Buy BB or stick to audio and ?'s...?

Go with the Blue. Old copy would be fine too just as long as it's within the past 3-4 years.

sevoflurane said:

:wow: you're starting ca-1 and you're studying for the in-service. hmm. maybe i should rethink my plans to take it cold (which i thought was the norm for new ca-1's).

xjohns1 said:
:wow: you're starting ca-1 and you're studying for the in-service. hmm. maybe i should rethink my plans to take it cold (which i thought was the norm for new ca-1's).

It is the norm. Remember, they would rather we show improvement than decline or stay the same ;)

Get 10 questions right your first year and 50 right the second year. That's a 400% improvement. Tell your PD you improved more than any other resident.

bubalus said:
Get 10 questions right your first year and 50 right the second year. That's a 400% improvement. Tell your PD you improved more than any other resident.
How many questions are there anyways? Full day test... 350?'s like Step I an II?

And.... does the exam test for historical data such as....

Who is Ivan Magill, Aruthur Gudel, Ralph Waters, Henry Beecher, William Morton (ie. contributions to the specialty) The reason I'm asking is that a couple of the ? books have had several such quesitons

How about physics stuff... Do I need to apply V= nRT/P :confused:

iam not prepared as you are but I am running late ,I am just reading CHU and brain hall
i wanted to ask your advice since you have longer preparation

i dont have the Big BLUE , email me at [email protected] if you can help
iam willing to buy
ash

:luck: iam not prepared as you are but I am running late ,I am just reading CHU and brain hall
i wanted to ask your advice since you have longer preparation

i dont have the Big BLUE , email me at [email protected] if you can help
iam willing to buy
ash

Members don't see this ad :)
sevoflurane said:
And.... does the exam test for historical data such as....

Who is Ivan Magill, Aruthur Gudel, Ralph Waters, Henry Beecher, William Morton (ie. contributions to the specialty) The reason I'm asking is that a couple of the ? books have had several such quesitons

How about physics stuff... Do I need to apply V= nRT/P :confused:

No on the historical data, at least not last year. If there is, it may be a couple of questions at most. Low yield.

You will need to know some physics (gas laws, application of physics to inhalational anesthetics, etc.), but the vast majority is clinical and pharmacology.

UTSouthwestern said:
No on the historical data, at least not last year. If there is, it may be a couple of questions at most. Low yield.

You will need to know some physics (gas laws, application of physics to inhalational anesthetics, etc.), but the vast majority is clinical and pharmacology.[/QUOT

I wanted ask if you can help me with BIG BLUE ,my email is above :luck:

UTSouthwestern said:

You will need to know some physics (gas laws, application of physics to inhalational anesthetics, etc.), but the vast majority is clinical and pharmacology.

UT, for those of us starting our CA1 year this july, any downside to taking the test cold?
-(I'd rather spend the time studing for step 3 since this is probably the last real chance i'll have to review general medicine)

UTSouthwestern said:

Thanx UT :thumbup:

What is big blue, m+m, and pirated notes, and hall, and faust?
What is audio blue?
Sevo you are going to be a ca1? I thought you are a ca1 now.

MeaCulpa said:
What is big blue, m+m, and pirated notes, and hall, and faust?
What is audio blue?
Sevo you are going to be a ca1? I thought you are a ca1 now.

They are review books. Audio blue is audio in cd/tape/mp3 anesthesia review by Jensen. I'm finishing up pgy-1. You thought wrong. :rolleyes:

Have you ever failed a test in your life? This is your opportunity to do so without any repercussions. Take it cold, enjoy your free time, what little you have. There will be plenty of time to panic later. The problem is that if you haven't done much anesthesia, you're not likely going to retain much of what you learn/cram. If you're already cracking Big Blue before your residency even starts you're in need of a hobby ;)

sevoflurane said:
They are review books. Audio blue is audio in cd/tape/mp3 anesthesia review by Jensen. I'm finishing up pgy-1. "

Prepardness is the ultimate way to succeed in and out of the O.R. The above sources will only make you a better resident and future anesthesiologist. Study hard and play hard--an excellent moto to live by. Best of luck in your future.

Hi there I wanted ask you what is the best top 3 books or preps to focus on and please help me with BIG Blue and AUDIO i CAN PAY YOU :luck:

[email protected]

ASH :luck:

inspire004 said:
Hi there I wanted ask you what is the best top 3 books or preps to focus on and please help me with BIG Blue and AUDIO i CAN PAY YOU :luck:

[email protected]

ASH :luck:

I would stick to what UT has already mentioned. He's the one who has sat for it many a times and took it for real. He mentioned BB, Faust and M&M. I don't know BB, but I sat down with my chiefs today and they are all about it. Recommended getting it early on so you could cover it 2-3 times during residency. I don't know Faust all that well, but I really like M&M (good bullet points at the begining of the chapters... much alike the new Barash). I have an extra copy of M&M, if you are interested send me a PM.

i am really interested in it , M& M is that morgan 4 th edition , i am really intrested in BIG BLUE or audio- if you are planning to buy we can share it
please email me
ash :luck: