51 dollars/hr for Walgreen new hire pharmacist? Is this true?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my latest job fully expecting it to be the last one I hold in this forms for a long time. They say wages are sticky, so I'm happy to stay as long as my pay isn't deceased and I'm not laid off.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
$52-55/hr was the going rate for indepent and close door pharmacy. I bet the $51/hr doesn't guarantee 40 hrs/week either

This is happening during the bull market. It's going to get worst once we have a repeat of 2008-2010 combined with the flood of pharmacists graduating.

Reactions: 2 users
I think I have seen one independent posting jobs for high 30's. I'm excited to see when it hits 20s for a pharmD. We need to get all the greedy people out of our profession. I don't think techs should get paid more than pharmacists. Although they probably work harder than some pharmacists so it wouldn't upset me that much if tech's got paid more.
You're such an idiot. I'm probably going to block you so I don't have to read this junk anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was just offered 50$/hour told no negotiation with Columbus Walgreens as a floater position. I told them I am still interested, but am definitely willing to jump ship asap if another interview pans out. That just seems too low imo. What has everyone else been offered? I wonder if I tell them 53-55$ if they will do that?

I was just offered 50$/hour told no negotiation with Columbus Walgreens as a floater position. I told them I am still interested, but am definitely willing to jump ship asap if another interview pans out. That just seems too low imo. What has everyone else been offered? I wonder if I tell them 53-55$ if they will do that?
You actually told him you were willing to jump ship of another interview pans out???

Reactions: 1 user

Beggars can’t be choosers. With the saturation there are plenty of new grads begging for positions that pays $50/hour.

Beggars can’t be choosers. With the saturation there are plenty of new grads begging for positions that pays $50/hour.

With seven pharmacy schools in Ohio that $50/hr rate will probably be $47/hr next year and maybe $45/hr the year after.

Reactions: 3 users
Wow..I thought my friend was joking about the rate 50/hr...but I guess not. I better suck up and hold on to my job.

What part of no negotiation do you not understand?

You actually told him you were willing to jump ship of another interview pans out???

I didn't tell them I'm willing to jump ship, but if they are offering 50$ per hour and others are paying 15-20% more, of course me (and many others) will keep looking.

What part of no negotiation do you not understand?

Thanks for contributing nothing. I am asking fore people's experiences to see if this is true, not just saying "they won't negotiate"....of course they are always going to say that is their top price starting off. I have always asked for more at the interview and gotten ~2/hr more out of these.

Are these rates just for new grads or are experienced pharmacists getting lowballed as well?

Thanks for contributing nothing. I am asking fore people's experiences to see if this is true, not just saying "they won't negotiate"....of course they are always going to say that is their top price starting off. I have always asked for more at the interview and gotten ~2/hr more out of these.

Would've done the same, good for you for trying to negotiate higher salary.

Negotiating landed me 3.5k more than initially offered.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's the problem. These university's have become scams. Maybe trump university can open a pharmacy school.
And when students graduate they can pay an extra $1,000 graduation fee to take a picture with a cardboard cut out of Trump.

Sorry I didn't write what you wanted to hear. Do you want me to lie?

I have hired a few pharmacists all at 58/hour full time. My experience has been over 60/hour for any job offers I was interested in.

It’s been great

I've Never discussed hourly rate at the actual interview. Weird.

Are these rates just for new grads or are experienced pharmacists getting lowballed as well?
Probably both. Why pay an experience pharmacist more when you can get a new grad for less? Experience pharmacists looking for new jobs will need to take a pay cut to be competitive. You are probably safe if you have a job with a higher salary and not looking to jump.

I have hired a few pharmacists all at 58/hour full time. My experience has been over 60/hour for any job offers I was interested in.

It’s been great
Is this recently or a few years ago?

you guys are complaining about $50 an hour... look at this ad I just saw lol

Hope Specialty Pharmacy is growing and looking for excellent leadership. Prior pharmacy and supervisory experience is preferred but the position is completely trainable. Candidates must have great managerial skills. Pay depends on experience but starts at $20-25/hour. Benefits and retirement packages are are available.

Sorry I didn't write what you wanted to hear. Do you want me to lie?
You are just being an dingus. It isn't a matter of writing what I wanted to hear or didn't want to hear. You didn't advance the conversation at all, dingus.

This thread seems like a fun time. SDN never disappoints.

You are just being an dingus. It isn't a matter of writing what I wanted to hear or didn't want to hear. You didn't advance the conversation at all, dingus.

Calling me names is not nice and does not advance the conversation.

Think about it from a business perspective. These chains do everything in their power to cut as many $10 tech hours as possible. Do you know how many tech hours paying a pharmacist $53/hr vs $51/hr will cost them? Why would they give up that much money when there are literally hundreds if not thousands in line behind you who would take $51/hr?

With seven pharmacy schools in Ohio that $50/hr rate will probably be $47/hr next year and maybe $45/hr the year after.
Ohio has less than 1/3rd population than that of CA. I thought CA had it bad with 13 schools.

Wags offered me $58/hr last earlier this week. Then again that particular area apparently has a union

Status
Not open for further replies.