60 dollars? To send my transcript to my state licensing board.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Giovanotto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the NBOME kidding with this? 60 dollars to mail an official transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

How is it that my school can charge me nothing or 10 dollars, and NBOME can't manage the same. This is highway robbery!

Members don't see this ad :)
The NBME wanted $80 lol
Oh wait that is ERAS lol
Youre a new PGY-1

The NBME just pesters you for a year to save your transcripts and you do have to pay if you dont.

Oh wait that is ERAS lol
Youre a new PGY-1

The NBME just pesters you for a year to save your transcripts and you do have to pay if you dont.
If only. My state licensing board won't accept copies from me. Needs to come straight from NBOME. And hey, what do you know, they charge 60 dollars!

If only. My state licensing board won't accept copies from me. Needs to come straight from NBOME. And hey, what do you know, they charge 60 dollars!
Oh for crying out loud.

The FSMB charges $140 for three NBME transcripts. I think my state accepts my saved transcripts...

So a funny thing happened. I spent the $60 to have NBOME release the transcripts to the state licensing board, two days ago. According to the NBOME website, the transcript was mailed yesterday by USPS; no tracking number or other information was provided.

And today I see on my online portal with the state that the transcript was received already today.

So I ordered it on 8/10, it was apparently shipped on 8/11 by USPS in a middle of the pandemic, and by 8/12 it is already uploaded in a middle of the pandemic.

Which goes to show me that it was most certainly not even mailed, just emailed. What an outrageous ripoff. The pessimist in me wonders if the transcript was even sent, by email or mail. Maybe the NBOME is in bed with the state and splitting that fee money.

Reactions: 4 users
So a funny thing happened. I spent the $60 to have NBOME release the transcripts to the state licensing board, two days ago. According to the NBOME website, the transcript was mailed yesterday by USPS; no tracking number or other information was provided.

And today I see on my online portal with the state that the transcript was received already today.

So I ordered it on 8/10, it was apparently shipped on 8/11 by USPS in a middle of the pandemic, and by 8/12 it is already uploaded in a middle of the pandemic.

Which goes to show me that it was most certainly not even mailed, just emailed. What an outrageous ripoff. The pessimist in me wonders if the transcript was even sent, by email or mail. Maybe the NBOME is in bed with the state and splitting that fee money.

That’s so Gimpel.

Gross.

Reactions: 1 users
I think the NBME charges $70 for transcripts, so for once NBOME > NBME lol

Ever hear of Next day air? Its a pretty cool thing lol.... but in all fairness what you are saying is probably true, its a sham

Ever hear of Next day air? Its a pretty cool thing lol.... but in all fairness what you are saying is probably true, its a sham
Lol NBOME isn’t doing that though. Hell no. That cuts into their profit margins

Reactions: 3 users