60 dollars? To send my transcript to my state licensing board.

Giovanotto

7+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Is the NBOME kidding with this? 60 dollars to mail an official transcript?

Giovanotto

7+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
How is it that my school can charge me nothing or 10 dollars, and NBOME can't manage the same. This is highway robbery!

About the Ads

ciestar

All grown up!
7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
The NBME wanted $80 lol
Oh wait that is ERAS lol
Youre a new PGY-1

The NBME just pesters you for a year to save your transcripts and you do have to pay if you dont.

Giovanotto

7+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Oh wait that is ERAS lol
Youre a new PGY-1

The NBME just pesters you for a year to save your transcripts and you do have to pay if you dont.
If only. My state licensing board won't accept copies from me. Needs to come straight from NBOME. And hey, what do you know, they charge 60 dollars!

ciestar

All grown up!
7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
If only. My state licensing board won't accept copies from me. Needs to come straight from NBOME. And hey, what do you know, they charge 60 dollars!
Oh for crying out loud.

The FSMB charges $140 for three NBME transcripts. I think my state accepts my saved transcripts...

doctorette

7+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
So a funny thing happened. I spent the $60 to have NBOME release the transcripts to the state licensing board, two days ago. According to the NBOME website, the transcript was mailed yesterday by USPS; no tracking number or other information was provided.

And today I see on my online portal with the state that the transcript was received already today.

So I ordered it on 8/10, it was apparently shipped on 8/11 by USPS in a middle of the pandemic, and by 8/12 it is already uploaded in a middle of the pandemic.

Which goes to show me that it was most certainly not even mailed, just emailed. What an outrageous ripoff. The pessimist in me wonders if the transcript was even sent, by email or mail. Maybe the NBOME is in bed with the state and splitting that fee money.

Reactions: 4 users

Prehealth1011

5+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
So a funny thing happened. I spent the $60 to have NBOME release the transcripts to the state licensing board, two days ago. According to the NBOME website, the transcript was mailed yesterday by USPS; no tracking number or other information was provided.

And today I see on my online portal with the state that the transcript was received already today.

So I ordered it on 8/10, it was apparently shipped on 8/11 by USPS in a middle of the pandemic, and by 8/12 it is already uploaded in a middle of the pandemic.

Which goes to show me that it was most certainly not even mailed, just emailed. What an outrageous ripoff. The pessimist in me wonders if the transcript was even sent, by email or mail. Maybe the NBOME is in bed with the state and splitting that fee money.

That’s so Gimpel.

Gross.

Reactions: 1 users

FutureDoctor5000

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

Ever hear of Next day air? Its a pretty cool thing lol.... but in all fairness what you are saying is probably true, its a sham

DO2015CA

Resident - PGY3
7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Ever hear of Next day air? Its a pretty cool thing lol.... but in all fairness what you are saying is probably true, its a sham
Lol NBOME isn’t doing that though. Hell no. That cuts into their profit margins

Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.