6wks out - critique study schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kienbock

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
6 weeks out:
- so far have reviewed USMLERx + Kaplan Qmax
- I've gone through FA once, and Pathoma once
- Gone through SketchyMicro
- Bought Uworld but haven't started yet.

Just took Kaplan self-assessment 1 = 81%
RZHfR0S.png

This was my first full-length simulation. Percentage seems ok, but throughout the test seemed 'incompletely sure' about A LOT of answers. Marked alot. Time was not an issue on all but one block where I spent like 8 minutes on the first question fumbling through some drug infusion calculation..

Plan is to take the 2nd Kaplan Self-Assessment test tomorrow. Hopefully, will not be markedly lower percentage.

After that planning on review + Uworld (this is a must right?).

Micro, Pharm and Pathophysiology mess with me the most. Does anyone have suggestions for last month studying of these subjects? I keep reviewing but then the answer choices show up with virulence factors I haven't read about, and drugs I've never heard of.

Also, what is the best resource to get better at the "up arrow, down arrow... etc." questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-10_21-51-39.png
    upload_2016-1-10_21-51-39.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 53
uworld uworld uworld. you have 6 weeks left, do as much of it as you can. I'd say forget about Kaplan questions, do UWorld. have you done any NBMEs? you want to do at least a couple..

as far as micro/pharm are concerned, keep reviewing it, but also make a list of the stuff you get incorrect the most. Review that a few days before your exam, so it stays fresh in your mind.

As far as the arrow questions go, I feel UWorld taught me extremely well how to handle these. Remember, UWorld is a teaching tool as much as it is a testing tool.