90s Time WWarp - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think according to @Animal Midwife's data, the game is already lost now. Might as well pack up and go home.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm ok with that. People can only be expected to work with the information they have.

And if information comes in the last 5 minutes and includes a statement that someone targeted a player the night they died... :shrug:
Fwiw, I'm not into 5 minutes until close reveals either ;)

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
hey I mean you guys do what you gotta do but I was gone for like 2 hours and the tally looked nothing like that when I left so what can I say it was a bit of a shocker

• Angry
Okie dokie, if that is how it is going to be from people in charge, then I guess my night result for tonight is No Action, as requested
I'm not in charge! Plus I was just poking fun at AM for her Mel obsession :p

• Sad
I'm the village tinker. I was very, very excited about this game (clearly, based on Energizer bunny mode) and having a lot of fun but I really, really don't appreciate shaming losers who are trying hard but losing badly, nor do I appreciate getting put on ignore, nor do I enjoy being told I should feel badly about hoping other people will participate.

N1 I upgraded myself, so wolves will have a nice present when they decide to come after me. (Night kill or lynch? Choose your own adventure and see what happens)

N2 I sent the item to Kras that allowed for her to speed up her action timeline at the expense of blocking her next one, which was the shot.

N3, N4, and in perpetuity, I expect to be blocked, so not really much try left in me at this point if we're just going to get teased during the day.

Note to wolves that the earlier upgrade is now un-blockable, as it took effect N1. Bite me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok seriously, ill admit i considered voting mel too so i cant blame anyone else for switching, and the last minute role reveal didnt help him at all, but theres no way that swing can happen without wolf help, so the VCA on this one has to considered. From what ive seen Mel has been targeting Dina, he voted sporty and ziggy at some point, but then he had this sudden Mayo realization that he put out there. I also dont understand how Mutts keeps escaping lynch either, so even if wolves just bought her another day by swinging the lynch, thats in their favor.

Mutts is now at my forefront, and I am also willing to go Dina (wolf read but not on his lynch) or mayo (wolf read who was on his lynch) depending on others thoughts. And havent forgot about SOV, but hopefully mods resolve this soon.

And now Friday night continues! Enjoy!

This one actually makes me sad.. back when SNL was in its hayday

If you guys are asking me to role reveal my answer at this moment is no thank you.

If Mel thought his results upon tracking me were so wolfy he would've voted me instead of mayo which he seemed super sure about being a wolf.

Ngl I saw the shot claim and got spooked and went back to reading Haruki Murakami. I thought people swinging guns around with wild claims was more of a thing starting in the 00s+ (*insert no one chuckling*)

also can someone teach Ziggy (my cat) to stop trying to drink my coffee or tea because it has a small amount of milk in it? It’s getting annoying

Which Murakami? I'm currently reading A Wild Sheep Chase. He's one of my favorites.

Night Closed
Macarena Pending
or something like that

(apologies for the back-up of the writeups again. got home from the gym and found out there had been a small oven fire, and I'm on call and got called in #excuses)

Macarena Pending

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
N5 Placeholder
January 3, 1999
3:44 PM

Carly and Nick had hit it off the previous night. Nick had actually had his wallet with him when he arrived with the others, and, though his credit cards were no good, his cash worked just fine. They left the Space Needle and wandered down to the waterfront. It was freezing, of course, but despite that he treated her to some vanilla ice cream by the pier.
"This isn't so bad, is it?" He asked,
"No. I'm having a lot of fun. Thanks for not being weird." She responded.
He laughed.
"If we were here forever, I think it'd almost be exciting, kind of like getting to relive the past."
"Well that's exactly what it is, but then we can't live the future.. or at least not the same future."
Nick didn't say anything.
"I think we're missing something." Carly continued, "Like we haven't found any hint as to how we got here other than that time machine. I want to know why it's broken, who built it, where are they now?"
Nick took a deep breath,
"I should probably tell you something."
"What?"
"I actually came across something else in that closet. I haven't told anyone yet. I don't even know if it's relevant."
He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a plastic bag. Inside was a film canister.
"What's that?"
"It's a film roll. I feel like it's probably nothing, and not important, because whoever did this was in the year 2019, with us. Did you know anybody that still uses film rolls? That's why I thought, maybe it's just something that was left in here in this current year."
"I can't believe you didn't tell anyone. Why would you hide that?"
"It didn't seem important to me. That's all I can say. Then you were talking about missing something, and a voice in my head was going off and telling me that if I don't tell you about this, somebody is going to find out and start blaming me."
She lowered her eyes at him.
"Nick, I don't know about anybody else, but to me, despite you're excuse, I don't know how much I trust you."
She took a step back and started to turn away from him, so he grabbed her wrist,
"Carly, come on."
She flashed him an irritated look. "Let me go."
"Okay," He let go. "Let's go get it developed. Right now. There is a Fotomat a few blocks down. Do you remember those? The drive-thru photo-development stands?"
"No. But that's ok. Just as long as we go, right now."
"Okay, okay."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
They found the stand in an otherwise trashy parking lot, containing a chinese restaurant, a gas station, and a few overflowing dumpsters.
As they approached, they noticed several people inside of it. They came up to the window and laid the film canister on the sill outside.
A large, grumpy looking woman came and opened the window.
"We're closed today."
"But we need this film developed!"
"CLOSED! One of our employees was shot during the night. We are closed. Now get out of here."
She pulled down the blinds.
Stunned, they had to walk away. What now?
Dead is
1577669887494-jpeg.291018

@johnnaboo / @Miranda Senft Fotomat Employee, Psychic (able to view snippet of a player's night results from the PREVIOUS night)

It is now Day 6. Lynch will close at 6 PM PST (9 PM EST)

13 Players Remain

1. @ziggyandjazzy
4. @Dinashadow
5. @genny
9. @holdthemayo
11. @mypetmoose in for Navilly
12. @muttmanager
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @AccidentFromFlorida
17. @vetmedhead
18. @Animal Midwife
20. @mizchiefmanaged
22. @PippyPony
23. @StartingoverVet

Lost in Time Forever:
2. acanthuroidei, face, pic sender
10. mypetmoose #1, microsoft maze, jailer
3. msprocrastinator, clippy, vanilla
8. wildzoo, 90s Journalist, writeup editor
21. alissa, sony walkman, vanilla
14. sportponies, baby sinclair, vanilla
7. kraskadava, pink power ranger, joat
13. barkley, neverhood, lynch controller
19. melchizedek, ford aerostar, tracker
6. jboose, fotomat employee, psychic

Last edited:
  • Sad
I've always had terrible luck in item maker rands. I think the first time had me blocked 90% of the game.

wait have i been playing for four years now

• Wow
K, an angry react at my disappointment at essentially being bullied out of enjoying this opportunity. Nice.

Next I will be voted off for emotional manipulation.

Lynch SOV

I am also slightly less likely to vote sporty for “reasons”. It is not strong irrefutable reason, but enough to lay off for now.

Sporty was blocked N2 --> this "weak clear" reason appears on the thread the day after.
Village voyeur (jmoo) is dead --> so SOV did not see the blocking action night result
Village tracker (mel) is dead --> so SOV did not track the blocker and somehow make that connection (though not even sure how that would have worked without widespread PMing)

My vote is staying parked here until this gets explained in full. Text Kaydubs the answer if your internet is broken, since apparently mods are borderline playing on behalf of players now.

That's probably all I will be contributing today. Almost didn't even post this, but figured it would be otherwise dropped.

P.S.

ffs -- lynch Ziggy.

Little Miss Perfect hasn't had a single correct wolf read this entire game. Z E R O. If she were village, she would be losing her mind right now at the awful performance. She's not. Because she is winning.

Morning. I am back in the 21st century after last night literally having to live back in the 90s. :po_O

Off to work in a few, but wanted to at least check in. I will read thread tonight and try to make cogent comments.
Tomorrow I am off all day so I will probably have a lot to say. I normally ghost the first half of games anyway, and then pay attention when there are fewer moving parts so probably not such a loss for my being busy and then inaccessible.

I will address Pippy’s post, snce i did skim this page...

If there is one role i despise more than any other (except silencer) it is blocker. I don’t like it, and the few times I get it I use it mainly on myself. I am not the blocker. And I would certainly never use it on a player three times in a row. That is a completely dick move. If you believe I would do that and lunch me, so be it, but I will be seriously disappointed.

I do have a role which I thought was important, but it appears to be a joke now. I want to read through thread and see if there is anything I missed about it’s effect before doing full reveal, but i am skeptical it has any value. Boo to mods.

Other than that, I can’t do much now...I haven’t even read results yet, except to check i am still here. Saw I was tagged a bunch of times and will answer tonight. Ciao.

Morning. I am back in the 21st century after last night literally having to live back in the 90s. :po_O

Off to work in a few, but wanted to at least check in. I will read thread tonight and try to make cogent comments.
Tomorrow I am off all day so I will probably have a lot to say. I normally ghost the first half of games anyway, and then pay attention when there are fewer moving parts so probably not such a loss for my being busy and then inaccessible.

I will address Pippy’s post, snce i did skim this page...

If there is one role i despise more than any other (except silencer) it is blocker. I don’t like it, and the few times I get it I use it mainly on myself. I am not the blocker. And I would certainly never use it on a player three times in a row. That is a completely dick move. If you believe I would do that and lunch me, so be it, but I will be seriously disappointed.

I do have a role which I thought was important, but it appears to be a joke now. I want to read through thread and see if there is anything I missed about it’s effect before doing full reveal, but i am skeptical it has any value. Boo to mods.

Other than that, I can’t do much now...I haven’t even read results yet, except to check i am still here. Saw I was tagged a bunch of times and will answer tonight. Ciao.
Full role reveal WITH an explanation of that statement, now.

It is likely lylo. Pony up.

And FWIW, I was also disappointed that I am at a place where I would be forced to consider you would do that. My preferred explanation there is that you were not in wolf chat when decisions were being made.

I did a quick iso on the people i used my action on....
One question, have we seen any evidence that night results can be interfered with. If there isn’t, then I am pretty sure I can role reveal because my role gives no consistent information.

Full role reveal WITH an explanation of that statement, now.

It is likely lylo. Pony up.
Is it really? How is that possible? Whatever, I will reveal.
I am tae bo.

I can show a video to one player each night to find out if they are an “evil dojo hound”. I assumed that meant that I could find wolves, or maybe one specific wolf was my guess.

I checked the following people with the results

N1: miz. Not
N2: sport: Not
N3: Cubs - yes
N4 : Barks - yes
N5: no one

I voted cubs again on day 4 (but my vote was disallowed for some reason) because I figured I found a wolf. But the results on night 4 invalidate that as barks was confirmed a villager. I don’t see any of those players saying anything on thread to indicate my action had any other effect, so I conclude it is a joke. If anyone sees otherwise, great. I will continue to use it, and share results, but i would consider myself mostly a vanilla villager at this point.

<Edited for grammar>