StardeWW 3: Beyond the WWalley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As the week drew to a close and the dust settled across Pelican Town, one farm stood above the rest.

Haley's farm flourished over the course of the seven days, boasting the highest overall value in the valley. While others spent their time chasing mysteries, arguing in the town square, or wondering who could be trusted, Haley somehow found the time to build a thriving agricultural empire. Whether through careful planning, a keen eye for opportunity, or simply refusing to let her crops wither while everyone else was distracted, she consistently grew her farm into something remarkable. By the end of the week, her fields were prosperous, her coffers were full, and her hard work had paid off.

The entire valley extended its congratulations to Haley for achieving the most successful farm of the game. May her crops continue to remain healthy, her animals content, and her profits climbing.

Congratulations to this StardeWW's Number One Farmer...

 
200.gif
 
Day 7

The valley had grown quiet.

Not peaceful - never peaceful, but eerie silence the way a forest becomes before a storm. The laughter from festivals was gone. The bustle of daily life had faded. Too many voices had been silenced and familiar faces had vanished.

Only four remained.

Krobus lingered in the shadows, watching carefully. Haley stood beside him, unwavering in her conviction. Despite their differences, they had arrived at the same conclusion. The answer was obvious, they insisted. It had to be Robin.

Robin could scarcely believe it. For days, she had pleaded her case. She had explained and re-explained herself until she was hoarse. She wasn't lurking through the valley under the cover of darkness. She wasn't plotting anyone's demise, though she stumbled occasionally and crushed an egg here, a parsnip plot there.

She was just trying to tend to her goats.
So many goats.

Over the weeks, she had accumulated an impressive herd of them, each new member lovingly named and fussed over. Her mornings were spent feeding and milking them. Her afternoons were spent talking about them. Her evenings? Planning the next one to get.

Surely, a murderer wouldn't devote this much time to organizing goat turnout schedules. Fixing broken electrical fences. Naming goats.

But her arguments found no purchase.

Krobus laughed and steadfastly said "it's clear to everyone." Haley remained certain, unwilling to budge. Every explanation Robin offered only seemed to deepen their suspicions. By the final day, desperation had crept into her voice. She pointed to Krobus, insisting that everyone had overlooked the obvious. The valley's resident shadow person listened in silence.

The Witch, meanwhile, seemed utterly unconcerned with the entire affair.

While accusations flew back and forth, she amused herself with minor hexes, disappearing objects, mysterious noises, and the occasional inexplicable inconvenience. Whether someone was innocent or guilty was entirely irrelevant to her. She simply enjoyed the chaos.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, the final votes stagnated, acquiring algae in the humid sun.

The tension was unbearable.

Robin.
Krobus.

A tie.

No consensus.
No answers.
No final victory.

The remaining four stood in stunned silence as dark clouds rolled across the sky from the mountains. The wind picked up with alarming speed. Trees groaned and bent under the force. Animals scattered in fear. Somewhere in the distance came the crack of thunder.

Then another.
And another.

Within moments, the storm was upon them. Rain lashed the valley in angry sheets. Lightning split the sky with blinding flashes of white. The earth trembled beneath their feet.

A deafening roar echoed from the cliffs above town as tons of loosened stone began to give way.

Someone shouted. Someone ran.

The mountainside collapsed.

Rock and mud surged downward with unstoppable force as lightning illuminated the valley one final time.

And then -​
 
DEAD IS...

1781056212327.png

@katiemcat, Krobus, and a
wolf sabateur

DEAD IS...

1781056227631.png

@SARdoghandler, Robin, and a
village clumsy arsonist

DEAD IS...

1781056244348.png

@Clem J, Haley, and a
vanilla villager

DEAD IS...

1781056259860.png

@WildZoo, The Witch and The Crop Fairy, and a
neutral 3P trickster/crop blesser
 
As the dust cloud from the collapse billowed across the valley, 2 faint shapes emerged from it.

The Dwarf and The Witch.

One long dead and gone, the other recently crushed in a cave-in, they stood as pale specters amid the swirling debris. Though neither had survived to see the ultimate end, they alone had accomplished what they set out to do. The valley's defenders had failed to stop them. Their victory had already been secured.

And yet, neither spirit looked triumphant.

Far below, Pelican Town disappeared beneath rock, mud, and rain. Innocents and evildoers alike vanished into the chaos. What had begun as a game of suspicion and secrets had ended in catastrophe.

The Witch stared in stunned silence before erupting into giggles.

The Dwarf simply stared, stoically.

Then as the storm raged on, the 2 ghosts faded back into the dust from which they had come, leaving only the howling wind to mark the end of the valley's story.

Congratulations to the 3P winners of the game

@WildZoo, whose wincon was
to giggle, have fun, and cause as much chaos as she wanted

@Zenge142, who had many options for reaching his wincon and did so by successfully stealing 2 chickens, 1 goat, and 1 store item from a player. His full list of options is provided below:
Dominating: to reach your wincon through economic domination, be the #1 farmer at the end of the game. This wincon is exclusive.

Thieving: to reach your wincon by taking what's rightfully yours, you must successfully steal the following items from players:
- A dinosaur egg or dinosaur OR
- 2 cows OR
- 2 chickens OR 1 duck AND 1 goat regardless of whether you use chickens or duck for the first half
AND
- A store item, stolen from a player

Each night, you can steal 1 thing from a player, if they have anything for you to steal. What you receive will be RNGed based on their inventory.

Factory Farming: to reach your wincon by doing what you do best, you must own 5 pigs at the time of your death or game end, whichever comes first. You may acquire pigs through rightful purchase, theft, or as gifts.
 
Thank you all for joining us on another agricultural adventure <3

*collapses on the floor*

In true StardeWW style, we designed this game while resolutely stating that it was going to be more simple than the last StardeWW.

And then added fishing, mining, more crops, more items, more animals, more ... ... ...

The StardeWW games are always a joy to run and a true labor of love to try to recapitulate the things that make StardeWW Stardew. As always, it's important to me that before I open the thread back up, I be pedantic and thank the people who made our first StardeWW in 3 years another wonderful, exhausting couple of weeks.

I of course need to thank my incredible comods, @kaydubs and @Dinashadow, for the many, many, many, many hours that we spent together designing this game, running this game, trying to wrangle the insanity of night closes in this game, and doing everything we could think of to make another game about a game we love. I don't know what I'm going to do with an extra 3-4 hours of time in the evenings, but I always feel a little wistful at the end of a StardeWW game, and that's because making these games with you guys is one of the best parts of my WW career. :biglove::biglove:

A big thanks to our very resilient wolf pack this game, especially @katiemcat, who faced very tall odds and kept on fighting until the end. It's not easy to do that (though seems to be a tradition in StardeWW???) and thank you for embracing the spirit of a StardeWW wolf and persevering even when it got hard.

I also want to give a special shoutout to @SARdoghandler for putting up a damn good fight even when she was shouting into the wind and no one was listening to her. @JaggedJimmyJay also gets a shoutout for being a very good sport when he suddenly found himself in multiple role PMs.

Big thanks to everyone for engaging with all of the crazy mechanics other than THE POOR AUCTION CHICKEN. These games are built with a lot of swing because of the farming mechanics and engaging with them helps to make it run the way it should (and stay interesting, and keep the mods sleep deprived). Though ... maybe don't test out what mass execution means next time now that you know that Big Deth means the Biggest, Dethest Deth.

Finally, I want to thank everyone for maintaining the tradition of the StardeWW games having a pleasant tone. It warms my heart to see so many people love a game that is so important to the mod squad.

We truly hope you enjoyed your StardeWW experience and hope that it was a wonderful time for you. Please join us for StardeWW 4 ... when I'm done with residency.

xoxo,
shorty, Dina, and kd
:biglove::biglove::biglove:​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats @Zenge142 and @WildZoo !!!

Great job @katiemcat !!! Amazing comeback and you almost got there, regrettably you faced an unwinnable situation at the end but you got as close as you could possibly have gotten! Thanks to @Santygrass and @Barkley13 too for also playing great and setting katie to have a fighting chance! Shout out to @CeeGee14 , who was doing great until they had to bow out--thanks for letting me play.

@SARdoghandler I want you to know that I was yelling from dead chat that I hoped you died for days, because I knew you would be impossible to beat in mylo/lylo, esp with your domesticated 3p shield 🙂

Most of all thanks to @supershorty , @Dinashadow and @kaydubs for running this amazing game, and for everyone for having fun 🙂
 
Congrats @Zenge142 and @WildZoo !!!

Great job @katiemcat !!! Amazing comeback and you almost got there, regrettably you faced an unwinnable situation at the end but you got as close as you could possibly have gotten! Thanks to @Santygrass and @Barkley13 too for also playing great and setting katie to have a fighting chance! Shout out to @CeeGee14 , who was doing great until they had to bow out--thanks for letting me play.

@SARdoghandler I want you to know that I was yelling from dead chat that I hoped you died for days, because I knew you would be impossible to beat in mylo/lylo, esp with your domesticated 3p shield 🙂

Most of all thanks to @supershorty , @Dinashadow and @kaydubs for running this amazing game, and for everyone for having fun 🙂
I take offense to Dubz being called domesticated in a game I wasn’t even involved in cause that tie was feral :laugh:
 
@SARdoghandler I want you to know that I was yelling from dead chat that I hoped you died for days, because I knew you would be impossible to beat in mylo/lylo, esp with your domesticated 3p shield 🙂
I'm disappointed that every time I started onto Katie I kept getting distracted but I did get there eventually!

Then I said to myself "self, if no win, then why not BIG no win? 🤔"

Sorry I stole the wolf win from your jaws. 😂 Katie did deserve it because I could not for the life of me get anyone to sus her with me in the end except for vampy in the end when I was too spooked to move
 
I'm disappointed that every time I started onto Katie I kept getting distracted but I did get there eventually!

Then I said to myself "self, if no win, then why not BIG no win? 🤔"

Sorry I stole the wolf win from your jaws. 😂 Katie did deserve it because I could not for the life of me get anyone to sus her with me in the end except for vampy in the end when I was too spooked to move
It's OK! You absolutely did your very best to meet your own wincon. Were I in your shoes, I would have done the exact same thing 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm disappointed that every time I started onto Katie I kept getting distracted but I did get there eventually!

Then I said to myself "self, if no win, then why not BIG no win? 🤔"

Sorry I stole the wolf win from your jaws. 😂 Katie did deserve it because I could not for the life of me get anyone to sus her with me in the end except for vampy in the end when I was too spooked to move
This is honestly a much funnier ending. You were like the only person onto me that’s a win right there imo
 
a was

if i killed sar everyone woilda known it was me spurs!
I mean yeah probably. But you could try saying "it must be Clem, he's framing me!" Apparently rae sent SAR a message saying to consider Clem, so it's conceivable it would have worked.

But dubZ still could have caused a tie if she wanted to.

So the lesson today, boys and girls, is @Clem J was right--kill the outed 3p! dubZ literally killed everyone in the end!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad