a hilarious strange by true medical story

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cardsurgguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a doctor's calendar over the holidays as a gift and it has jokes, quotes and other stuff about doctors in it, 1 per day. One of the categories is called "Strange but True Medical Stories"

Figured I'd share a funny one with everyone...

A father called his son's pediatrician, very upset because he had caught the boy eating ants. The doctor reassured him that ants are not harmful and there would be no need to bring the child into the hospital.

The father was much relieved, and ended the conversation by saying, "Guess I didn't need to give him that ant poison, then, but better safe than sorry." The doctor told the man that he had better bring the boy to the ER right away.

It's truly unbelievable to see how stupid some people in society are...

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by cardsurgguy
It's truly unbelievable to see how stupid some people in society are...

Quite true. It seems after two decades of life, most males still haven't learned to flush the toilet after using it.

Originally posted by JKDMed
Quite true. It seems after two decades of life, most males still haven't learned to flush the toilet after using it.

As long as you don't pee on the seat, I don't see a problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
point of clarification: it's not that we don't kow how to flush the toilet... rather we CHOOSE not too. just doing my part to save mother earth. as my 3rd grade science teacher taught us (yes, she really said this): if it's yellow, let it mellow. if it's brown, flush it down.

after 3.5 years as a microbiology major, this is pretty disgusting.

Originally posted by JKDMed

My toilet has reached an equilibrium. All the bacteria and fungi have reached some sort of stalemate in my toilet bowl and I dare not disrupt the balance of power.

i heard about a woman who cheated on her husband while he was overseas and she had just realized she was pregnant with her husband coming home in 2 days. she goes to planned parenthood and is like i need an abortion now because my birth control didnt work. the nurse asks her if she had missed the pill a day or two. the woman responded that she had even taken 2 pills some days just to make sure. later they found out that she had been shoving the pills up her vagina instead of taking them orally. :p