a little advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IkeBoy18

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about taking a mini winter session course. History 1. It was one of the classes i received a C in. I know I can get a an A. The only thing is it wont make that much of an impression on my gpa. Ill go from a 3.02 to a 3.04 overall and my science gpa 3.5 will stay the same. Should I even retake this course?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd probably say no. If you do bad on a science course and retake it for GPA, you can say its b/c you wanted to make sure you had a strong science base for your higher classes. You are just taking it to be greedy it seems, I dont see a good justication for retaking such a class.

I think that it would be better for you to take another History or Humanity. If your overall GPA is that low, retaking wont help your GPA that much depending on your school's academic forgiveness policy.

Like every board member has ever told me. You will have so much redundant science when you get in that you should not worry about retaking any class that you dont feel will directly affect your success in Med school.

This is long winded... no, take Theatre instead... Admissions boards seem to really like it.