A/V Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bt9099

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Couple q's regarding a/v quesitons on the Step.

1. Where are the practice a/v questions that are on the NBME site? I dowloaided the free 150-q test and there are no a/v quesitons on that. IS there a link you guys can give me?

2. How many did you guys have on the test?

3. If you don't mind, can you please write the question that you got (to the best of your memory) and say what the a/v aspect of the question was?

Thanks so much guys!!! Taking it Saturday and just trying to pass this g-d forsaken exam....

-Briana

Members don't see this ad.

1) There are no practice AV questions on the NBME website, as far as I know. Someone please correct me if they discover some.

2) I don't think anyone I've spoken with has mentioned having more than 1 AV question per exam.

3) Mine was a heart murmur question (I have retrograde amnesia blocking out most of my board-related memories, so sorry I can't say more!). The system is set up so you can listen to the heart at all 4 major auscultation points. I have yet to hear from any of my classmates that had an AV question that did not involve heart murmurs. The "demonstration" item in the tutorial is a video, however, so perhaps some students have had video questions.

There seems to be some discussion here regarding whether these problems can be solved just from the stem; personally I did need the audio to answer it definitively. So make sure you're familiar with that FA page with all the murmurs on it!

Last edited:
Just took it today. I had one with heart murmur. It was obvious since the only weird sound was in the mitral region (mitral prolapse) and that was the only mitral answer choice.

That was the only AV I had.