A very important question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrokenGlass

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, say someone's cousin works at Thompson Prometric and this person is able to gain access to the test center in question and tamper with comptuer equipement so as to slow down the clock the night before his/her test. Wouldn't you agree that this person may have a slight advantage over quote-unquote "normal" test takers?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, say someone's cousin works at Thompson Prometric and this person is able to gain access to the test center in question and tamper with comptuer equipement so as to slow down the clock the night before his/her test. Wouldn't you agree that this person may have a slight advantage over quote-unquote "normal" test takers?

So they'll be taking the test travelling near the speed of light?

/weak

seems impossible to do without leaving a trace. So even if you got away with it that day you would live in fear.

Not worth the risk.

it probably happens.....but u will never know how they do it. they got connections and probably bribe someone to do it for them......

there is alot of injustice in this world, you will have to deal with it.

My cousin works at Prometric too, and he's letting me bring in my flashcards. That's not an advantage, right? jk

Seriously- if that person's not you- report his/her ass. If they think that's going to fly at any decent med school or on Step 1/2- they are sorrily mistaken. Cheating is cheating.:thumbdown:

To answer your question, yes that's obviously an advantage.

But, I don't buy it that the clock can literally be slowed down. Maybe there are other ways to lengthen one's time on a section, but actually slowing down the clock sounds a bit far-fetched.

To answer your question, yes that's obviously an advantage.

But, I don't buy it that the clock can literally be slowed down. Maybe there are other ways to lengthen one's time on a section, but actually slowing down the clock sounds a bit far-fetched.

Far-fetched? Really?? It doesn't sound far-fetched to me at all. :laugh:

BrokenGlass, you're confusing the new guys.

Far-fetched? Really?? It doesn't sound far-fetched to me at all. :laugh:

BrokenGlass, you're confusing the new guys.

Actually, I think I got lots of good answers. Pretty much what I was looking for.

For people who don't think time can be slowed down, obviously you haven't seen that last game of 1998 NBA playoffs. After Michael Jordan made the game winning basket, he said that everything was in slow motion relative to the speeds he was operating at :)

Thanks guys!