-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
a year ago, a year from now
Started by imer
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
A year ago - hm, a year ago I was pestering my now-ex boyfriend to write his personal statement and was not even worrying about the mcat or essays or anything
A year from now - a year from now, i'll hopefully be chilling out the summer before my M1 year! acceptance in hand, of course...
A year from now - a year from now, i'll hopefully be chilling out the summer before my M1 year! acceptance in hand, of course...
Last edited:
A year ago - I was working hard for the student org that was my life last summer.
A year from now - I will hopefully be relaxing before I head off to med school somewhere awesome.
A year from now - I will hopefully be relaxing before I head off to med school somewhere awesome.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A year ago: I had just gotten back my new MCAT and was waiting patiently for interviews while I worked at as an Allergy Med Tech.
A year from now: I will have been married almost one year and will hopefully be enjoying the summer after M1 relaxing.
Wedding soon? Congrats.
A year ago: Was waiting for my MCAT score.
A year from now: Will be enjoying my summer between m1 and m2😀
A year from now: Will be enjoying my summer between m1 and m2😀
A year ago: I feared that the first year of college would destroy me and I'd fail hard.
A year from now: I will be in another lab researching. Hopefully administering ECT >🙂
A year from now: I will be in another lab researching. Hopefully administering ECT >🙂
A year ago: I was working a job from hell for the summer (financial aid, ugh), verified by amcas and working on/waiting on secondaries.
A year from now: I'll have completed my first year of med school and hopefully be doing some clinical summer research at the children's hospital.
A year from now: I'll have completed my first year of med school and hopefully be doing some clinical summer research at the children's hospital.
A Year Ago: I started my second research project and was ending my Freshmen year
A Year from now: I will have finished doing my pre-secondary applications and will start enjoying my summer. That all depends on Aug 2009 when I take my MCAT 🙂
A Year from now: I will have finished doing my pre-secondary applications and will start enjoying my summer. That all depends on Aug 2009 when I take my MCAT 🙂
A year Ago: finishing freshman year of college, doing summer research and going on trip with friends to carribean
A year from now: will be enjoying a summer after completing all my apps... (also taking MCAT in aug '09 as an incoming junior)
add-on: today:... studying for mcat EVERYDAY! >_<
A year from now: will be enjoying a summer after completing all my apps... (also taking MCAT in aug '09 as an incoming junior)
add-on: today:... studying for mcat EVERYDAY! >_<
A year Ago: finishing freshman year of college, doing summer research and going on trip with friends to carribean
A year from now: will be enjoying a summer after completing all my apps... (also taking MCAT in aug '09 as an incoming junior)
add-on: today:... studying for mcat EVERYDAY! >_<
Why are you taking the MCAT so early?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A year ago: In Rochester, MN, doing research with the SURF program at Mayo
A year from now: Preparing for MS1 and relaxing
Bonus - Two years from now (almost exactly): getting married. 😍
A year from now: Preparing for MS1 and relaxing

Bonus - Two years from now (almost exactly): getting married. 😍
early? THats right on timeWhy are you taking the MCAT so early?
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
early? THats right on time
I'd say its on earlier part of the normal time period.
early? THats right on time
Unless I misunderstood, he's taking it a year before he applies.
A year ago - Just graduated undergrad, starting working as a ER clerk, and looking for an apartment for grad school...while being moderately knowledgeable but not a SDN lurker or member.. studying for the MCAT and ended up not taking until a year later due to moving/family situation that came up
A year from now - Kicked ass in my grad program, with a publication or two, and hopefully send in apps already
Maybe I'll see ya there!! If my team gets their friggin' act together...
A year from now - Kicked ass in my grad program, with a publication or two, and hopefully send in apps already
A year ago: I was beginning my study abroad adventure
A year from now: i hope to have an acceptance to X medical school. and in South Africa watching the world cup live.
Maybe I'll see ya there!! If my team gets their friggin' act together...
Unless I misunderstood, he's taking it a year before he applies.
Some people take it then, giving them a full summer to study for it and then allowing them to focus on nothing but their PS and classes during the year. I think it's really smart if you can squeeze the pre-reqs in by the end of sophomore year.
A year ago - i was studying for the MCAT and having an awesome post-graduation summer.
A year from now - i'll be having an awesome post-acceptance summer 🙂xf🙂 and preparing for MS1.
i took it last year and i'm applying now. only i had already graduated, so i guess i don't count.
A year from now - i'll be having an awesome post-acceptance summer 🙂xf🙂 and preparing for MS1.
Some people take it then, giving them a full summer to study for it and then allowing them to focus on nothing but their PS and classes during the year. I think it's really smart if you can squeeze the pre-reqs in by the end of sophomore year.
i took it last year and i'm applying now. only i had already graduated, so i guess i don't count.
i took it last year and i'm applying now. only i had already graduated, so i guess i don't count.
I think that's ALSO a good idea. Not enough people take advantage of taking some time off 👍
Some people take it then, giving them a full summer to study for it and then allowing them to focus on nothing but their PS and classes during the year. I think it's really smart if you can squeeze the pre-reqs in by the end of sophomore year.
Makes sense.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I rarely come to this part, but this seemed fun
Year ago: enjoying my last real summer by working my same old boring summer job (oh how I miss an income)
Year from now: collecting LORs for residency and enjoying 4th year (man does that sound freaky to say)
Year ago: enjoying my last real summer by working my same old boring summer job (oh how I miss an income)
Year from now: collecting LORs for residency and enjoying 4th year (man does that sound freaky to say)
Year Ago: Working a summer internship at a chemical company to fastlane myself to a sweet ChemE job after graduation.
Year From Now: Will be finishing up application.
(Crazy how fast things change at this time of life 🙂, if i had done this last year I would have predicted myself making $15/hour for some chemical company, as it is im paying to take Biology and volunteering in a hospital).
Year From Now: Will be finishing up application.
(Crazy how fast things change at this time of life 🙂, if i had done this last year I would have predicted myself making $15/hour for some chemical company, as it is im paying to take Biology and volunteering in a hospital).
A year ago - I was still studying for the MCAT, hadn't started my PS, had only one LOR in hand, and could still sleep through the night.
A year from now - Did I make it through MS1? Sleeping is over rated anyway.
A year ago - I was ready to jump all in, and I did - my brain needs some down time.
A year from now - No doubt I'll be sweating that f'ing step exam.
A year ago - Sleeping in the hospital every other night to keep my sister company, watching WAY too much HDTV and wishing I could enjoy the sunsets outside the window more and the cafeteria dessert shelf less.
A year from now - I'll be dying waiting for MCAT results and telling myself that it's my professors' jobs to write their students LORs.
Wonder where all these people are now? Well, I recognize some of them 🙂
A year from now - I'll be dying waiting for MCAT results and telling myself that it's my professors' jobs to write their students LORs.
Wonder where all these people are now? Well, I recognize some of them 🙂
HOLY MOLY!
I posted here A YEAR AGO!! A year has past. This is actually kinda cool, like the time capsule experiments u do in elementary school. ANyway, here goes again.
A YEAR AGO: took the whole summer off to study for the mcat before my junior year and did great 👍
A YEAR FROM NOW: Already (hopefully) accepted into medical school and excited about it, as well as enjoying my summer after finishing college.
-lets hope this comes true, as last time i said i'd be done with apps by now and enjoying summer (i'm working in research all day 😛)
didn't even see this posted back then, so to answer my personal answer. I finished all my pre-reqs soph. year. SO it made sense to take it while fresh, AND not ruin my junior year. I had SO much free time while all those pre-medies suffered
I posted here A YEAR AGO!! A year has past. This is actually kinda cool, like the time capsule experiments u do in elementary school. ANyway, here goes again.
A YEAR AGO: took the whole summer off to study for the mcat before my junior year and did great 👍
A YEAR FROM NOW: Already (hopefully) accepted into medical school and excited about it, as well as enjoying my summer after finishing college.
-lets hope this comes true, as last time i said i'd be done with apps by now and enjoying summer (i'm working in research all day 😛)
Why are you taking the MCAT so early?
didn't even see this posted back then, so to answer my personal answer. I finished all my pre-reqs soph. year. SO it made sense to take it while fresh, AND not ruin my junior year. I had SO much free time while all those pre-medies suffered

I
Ilvcurst
a year ago: I was studying to take my MCAT on 7/31 and stressing like hell
a year from now: Surviving MS1 and probably traveling or doing research
a year from now: Surviving MS1 and probably traveling or doing research
A year ago: I was just starting to study for my July MCAT, and I think I had just finished draft #1 (of 4) for my personal statement.
A year from now: Hopefully, I will be spending the summer either travelling abroad or visiting friends who I haven't seen throughout the year or maybe a little bit of both.
A year from now: Hopefully, I will be spending the summer either travelling abroad or visiting friends who I haven't seen throughout the year or maybe a little bit of both.
a year ago: I was in summer school, on the wonderful roller coaster ride called applying to medical school (just starting on my secondaries), and spending A LOT of time spent at Disneyland with my friends 😍
a year from now: hopefully traveling, or doing research, or doing volunteering abroad while enjoying my longest summer off since high school. Hopefully would have conquered MS1! 🙂
a year from now: hopefully traveling, or doing research, or doing volunteering abroad while enjoying my longest summer off since high school. Hopefully would have conquered MS1! 🙂
a year ago...my AMCAS just got verified. I just started my summer internship working from 8-5 and doing secondaries from 6 to whenever I fell asleep only to wake up and repeat the same process for the next 2 months...
a year from now...I will have spent 6 years at UCLA, 5 as an undergrad and 1 as a med student (hope I don't get sick of the place)
a year from now...I will have spent 6 years at UCLA, 5 as an undergrad and 1 as a med student (hope I don't get sick of the place)
A year ago - I was shadowing every day....deciding whether to be premed or predent
A year from now - I will be finishing up my time machine to go back and slap my past self in the face for wasting so much time looking at teeth and listening to sick people.
A year from now - I will be finishing up my time machine to go back and slap my past self in the face for wasting so much time looking at teeth and listening to sick people.
A year ago: Shadowing an ENT.
A year from now: Will be studying for the MCAT. *sigh*
A year from now: Will be studying for the MCAT. *sigh*
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A year ago - I was fresh out of undergrad, just getting acclimated with my hospital research job - learning the ins and outs of MR imaging.
A year from now - Hopefully, finishing up working here & moving to the city of X medical school, getting ready to begin classes!
A year from now - Hopefully, finishing up working here & moving to the city of X medical school, getting ready to begin classes!

A year ago - I was working hard for the student org that was my life last summer.
A year from now - I will hopefully be relaxing before I head off to med school somewhere awesome.
I wrote this almost exactly a year ago. Hmm. Does working in a lab count as relaxing? Haha.
I was thinking the same while I read your original post.....I wonder if Ksmi is relaxing this summer. Judging from your other posts, you're working hard, but playing hard (or at least enjoying this summer with your future classmates). 👍I wrote this almost exactly a year ago. Hmm. Does working in a lab count as relaxing? Haha.
A year ago: Finished my last pre-reqs and trying to decide if I still wanted to go through it all.
A year from now: Moving/moved into a house with the hubster and two kids and enjoying my last few months before starting med school (Penn or Jeff!).
A year from now: Moving/moved into a house with the hubster and two kids and enjoying my last few months before starting med school (Penn or Jeff!).
A year ago: I had submitted my apps and was waking up at ungodly hours for my internship at UCI Medical Center.
A year from now: I will have survived T1 and lived through the full on Mardi Gras season. Oh and would probably getting my tuckus kicked in Air Force training.
A year from now: I will have survived T1 and lived through the full on Mardi Gras season. Oh and would probably getting my tuckus kicked in Air Force training.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 789