-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
a year ago, a year from now
Started by imer
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
A year ago: I was enjoying my most difficult undergraduate semester yet, while simultaneously neglecting insignificant things like volunteering and shadowing.
A year from now: With a bit of luck, I'll be maxing, relaxing all cool with my med school acceptance out by the pool.
A year from now: With a bit of luck, I'll be maxing, relaxing all cool with my med school acceptance out by the pool.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A Year Ago: Almost done with my freshman year of college, struggling to decide if I should major in English or Psychology (though I was pre-med either way) and gearing up to start full time summer research.
A Year From Now: Getting all of my application materials together to apply in June -- finishing up PS, making sure all of my LORs are in Interfolio, freaking out. Finishing up junior year while continuing to work as a Scribe. Hopefully not studying for an MCAT retake (this summer will tell!)
A Year From Now: Getting all of my application materials together to apply in June -- finishing up PS, making sure all of my LORs are in Interfolio, freaking out. Finishing up junior year while continuing to work as a Scribe. Hopefully not studying for an MCAT retake (this summer will tell!)
a year ago, I had just gotten my Step 1 score and was starting third year.
a year from now, I will be living it up post-match style. Med school goes by fast....
a year from now, I will be living it up post-match style. Med school goes by fast....
A year ago - Medical school was still a pipe dream. I "said" I was applying for 2017 but had no LOR, no ps, not yet taken the MCAT and barely knew what AMCAS was (let alone what secondaries were).
A year from now - I'll be finishing my M1 year at my dream school, living with my gf and just trying to stay afloat financially and mentally!
Funny how things work out. 👍
A year from now - I'll be finishing my M1 year at my dream school, living with my gf and just trying to stay afloat financially and mentally!
Funny how things work out. 👍
a year ago: freshly accepted to top choice, senioritis in full swing, working on thesis
a year from now: boards studying 🙁 🙁 🙁
a year from now: boards studying 🙁 🙁 🙁
A year ago: taking physics 2, orgo 2, calc 1 and biochem in the spring of my single year postbacc program, terrified of the MCAT and applying to med school.
A year from now: I will be an M1 at my dream school, starting the beginning of my research that will carry me through my M1/M2 summer.
Currently: hanging by the pool in Palm Springs with my family with an acceptance in hand. Time flies!
A year from now: I will be an M1 at my dream school, starting the beginning of my research that will carry me through my M1/M2 summer.
Currently: hanging by the pool in Palm Springs with my family with an acceptance in hand. Time flies!
One year ago: On spring break with my three best friends in Orlando at the WWof HP, terrified because I had no plan yet for my gap year, and wondering if I was going to get into med school.
One year from now: finishing out whatever M1 block is kicking my butt, hopefully getting excited for my international research in the summer.
One year from now: finishing out whatever M1 block is kicking my butt, hopefully getting excited for my international research in the summer.
A year ago: I was in the middle of studying for the MCAT, working full time in research, balancing a relationship, family and friends.
A year from now: All the same, except now studying preclinical and no full time work BUT hopefully much happier! 🙂
It's all good from there 👍
A Year ago - 1st year undergrad. ECs.
Now- I am in my gap semester doing research and pursuing 2 proposals with a dept. at my undergrad while doing ECs and getting ready for a summer research internship.
A Year later- MCAT studying while continuing ECs and research.
I will also be applying to flexmed, so that could also change a few things.
Now- I am in my gap semester doing research and pursuing 2 proposals with a dept. at my undergrad while doing ECs and getting ready for a summer research internship.
A Year later- MCAT studying while continuing ECs and research.
I will also be applying to flexmed, so that could also change a few things.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A year ago - I was still studying for the MCAT, hadn't started my PS, had only one LOR in hand, and could still sleep through the night.
A year from now - Did I make it through MS1? Sleeping is over rated anyway.
A year ago - med school changed me - no surprise I guess. Looking back the school I went to turned out to be a perfect fit - couldn't imagine being where I am without it. Wait that's my Stockholm syndrome kicking in again.
A year from now - I'll continue to pay down my student debt at a negligible rate. Only a couple more years left ( of residency).
Last edited:
D
deleted407021
That's quite cool to see. Best of luck to you, doctor.A year ago - med school changed me - no surprise I guess. Looking back the school I went to turned out to be a perfect fit - couldn't imagine being where I am without it. Wait that's my Stockholm syndrome kicking in again.
A year from now - I'll continue to pay down my student debt at a negligible rate. Only a couple more years left.
D
deleted407021
Me? k.Time to get off the sidelines - you fill it in: a year from now...
A year from now I will be finishing up my Junior year and getting ready tackle my MCAT studying for the whole summer. I'll have put in almost 2 years at the clinic, reached my 4th kyu rank in Aikido and probably be working on a research project with a psychology professor. I'll be mentally and emotionally prepared for arguably one of the most important exams in my life and I'll be looking into something to do during my gap year which will follow my graduation and application in the summer of that next year.
A year ago: I was preparing to do my TMDSAS and AMCAS and I had been at my current job for one year, I was also moving my now fiance across the country to where we live now.
A year from now: I will be an M1 year and will be hopefully gearing up for my relaxing summer!
A year from now: I will be an M1 year and will be hopefully gearing up for my relaxing summer!
A year ago: was finishing up research for my thesis, getting ready to graduate, and still optimistic I was going to take the mcat/apply for 2013-2014 (I didn't).
A year from now: 2014-2015 application cycle winding down, hopefully have an acceptance and am going crazy apartment hunting
A year from now: 2014-2015 application cycle winding down, hopefully have an acceptance and am going crazy apartment hunting
A year ago, was looking forward to taking off the summer after I finished up with neuro and genetics, our last two M1 courses.
A year from now, will be looking forward to the end of third year, hopefully with a good step 1 score in hand as I prepare to apply for residencies.
A year from now, will be looking forward to the end of third year, hopefully with a good step 1 score in hand as I prepare to apply for residencies.
A year ago: was finishing up research for my thesis, getting ready to graduate, and still optimistic I was going to take the mcat/apply for 2013-2014 (I didn't).
A year from now: 2014-2015 application cycle winding down, hopefully have an acceptance and am going crazy apartment hunting
Same here! Hopefully this is our cycle to get that acceptance!
I miss Greece..A year ago: in the thick of things preparing my application. Probably pestering my LoR writers. I also was in Greece this week for Spring Break, IIRC!
A year from now: MS1, hopefully at this point I'll have my study habits and routines well-established and everything is going smoothly.![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fried brain is MS2. MS1 is like putting your tongue in an electrical outlet, or getting tazed in the groin. Take your pick.
I feel like it would be "easier" to cope with the latter rather than the former.
Well I'm more reflective this year...A year ago - med school changed me - no surprise I guess. Looking back the school I went to turned out to be a perfect fit - couldn't imagine being where I am without it. Wait that's my Stockholm syndrome kicking in again.
A year from now - I'll continue to pay down my student debt at a negligible rate. Only a couple more years left ( of residency).
A year ago - finished a terrifically rewarding & challenging prelim year very ready to step into my advanced program.
A year from now - wow did I luck into a chill career. Ok I still think luck is involved because I've been fortunate to have stellar teachers, mentors, spousal unit support, ... And then you need to beat the odds and match to a great program. Yes I put in the hours but none of us goes it alone. Anyway heading into the last year I'm sure I'll wonder what's next.
What about you?
Well I'm more reflective this year...
A year ago - finished a terrifically rewarding & challenging prelim year very ready to step into my advanced program.
A year from now - wow did I luck into a chill career. Ok I still think luck is involved because I've been fortunate to have stellar teachers, mentors, spousal unit support, ... And then you need to beat the odds and match to a great program. Yes I put in the hours but none of us goes it alone. Anyway heading into the last year I'm sure I'll wonder what's next.
What about you?
A year ago: Finishing senior thesis, reading The Hunger Games trilogy, playing video games, sleeping in
A year from now: Wrapping up M2 and preparing for Step 1
Well I'm more reflective this year...
A year ago - finished a terrifically rewarding & challenging prelim year very ready to step into my advanced program.
A year from now - wow did I luck into a chill career. Ok I still think luck is involved because I've been fortunate to have stellar teachers, mentors, spousal unit support, ... And then you need to beat the odds and match to a great program. Yes I put in the hours but none of us goes it alone. Anyway heading into the last year I'm sure I'll wonder what's next.
What about you?
You probably mentioned this earlier, but what specialty are you in?
A year ago: hating general chemistry 2.
A year from now: preparing my applications for med school 🙂
A year from now: preparing my applications for med school 🙂
A year ago: Not really sure what I wanted to do with my life
A year from now: Prepping to take the MCAT, just graduated, preparing application.
A year from now: Prepping to take the MCAT, just graduated, preparing application.
1 year ago: working hard on my personal statement and teaching MCAT prep
1 year from now: kicking butt at my summer military experience between M1 and M2 year!
1 year from now: kicking butt at my summer military experience between M1 and M2 year!
A year ago - Overagonizing and hating myself about having to retake the MCAT because I thought my 31 wouldn't be enough to get me into med school (my GPA is pretty bad bad). Overall feeling inadequate about myself in most aspects.
A year from now - M1/M2 summer, enjoying the city while doing research
A year from now - M1/M2 summer, enjoying the city while doing research
A year ago- Freaking out because I thought my life was in shambles, studying for MCAT and volunteering.
A year from now- Finishing up M1 and prepping for an awesome summer doing I don't know yet!
A year from now- Finishing up M1 and prepping for an awesome summer doing I don't know yet!
A year ago - I was getting ready to move and reapplying. I was starting to panic, but some shadowing renewed my determination!
A year from now - I will be deep in studies as an MS1 and transitioning to an MS2. Dreams do come true.
A year from now - I will be deep in studies as an MS1 and transitioning to an MS2. Dreams do come true.
A year ago: got my final rejection letter from a school I had been waiting to hear back from post interview for 5 months. I was preparing my reapplication and re-studying for the MCAT, all while trying to hold it together. Emotional and mentally drained.
A year from now: I would have completed my first year of medical school at a school that gave me a huge scholarship.
God is GOOD.
A year from now: I would have completed my first year of medical school at a school that gave me a huge scholarship.
God is GOOD.
A year ago - I had started prepping for the MCAT in hopes that studying all summer I'll nail a high score
A year from now - Will I be MS 1 :O?
A year from now - Will I be MS 1 :O?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A year ago - just got on to my campus EMS agency after a tough interview/practical and studying physics.
A year from now - hopefully finishing up my application before submitting it to AAMCAS.
After all this, I *still* won't be in medical school quite yet..
A year from now - hopefully finishing up my application before submitting it to AAMCAS.
After all this, I *still* won't be in medical school quite yet..
A year ago - graduating from college, starting to get my application together, rewriting my PS for the billionth time
A year from now - hopefully either traveling abroad or doing research in between M1 and M2
A year from now - hopefully either traveling abroad or doing research in between M1 and M2
A year ago: Working my butt off, exhausted, getting ready to kick it into high gear for MCAT prep.
A year from now: (Hopefully) finishing up some sort of Latin American immersion program and getting ready for MS1. Or, given my current status, sitting around lamenting because I still haven't buckled down and written a gorram PS.
A year from now: (Hopefully) finishing up some sort of Latin American immersion program and getting ready for MS1. Or, given my current status, sitting around lamenting because I still haven't buckled down and written a gorram PS.
D
deleted577188
How bad was bad bad?A year ago - Overagonizing and hating myself about having to retake the MCAT because I thought my 31 wouldn't be enough to get me into med school (my GPA is pretty bad bad). Overall feeling inadequate about myself in most aspects.
A year from now - M1/M2 summer, enjoying the city while doing research
3.50 cGPA/ 3.38 sGPA .. I think that's pretty bad compared to all my friends that were in the 3.7x-3.9x range ..How bad was bad bad?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 789