1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Aaaaa !!... Is it over ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Ar2, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Ar2

Ar2
    10+ Year Member

So I wast just looking for a little advice/input... I just found out that I missed the curve in my Biochem class , and I will recieve a C !!... This may be a dumb question , but I am really stressed out. Is this going to keep me from getting accepted into Dental School. I have a 3.7 overall with a 3.5 science gpa.... I would really appreciate any advice !

Ar2

2. oclor

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
  3. STACM

7+ Year Member

nope, no worries

4. dennisDDS

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    waaa waaa waaa

I dont mean to be disrespectful but it is obvious you have good grades.

What do you want us to do? :confused:

5. tetondent

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I probably wouldn't apply with a C!!! C'mon, you'll be fine..Just keep your science gpa over a 3.5 and you'll have no worries!

6. Ar2

Ar2
    10+ Year Member

Thanks... I know it seems like not much of a problem, I was just really worried since Biochem is a key class for dental school. I really appreciate everyone's opinion.

7. rollredroll

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    you're fine. i was accepted with far worse grades.

8. Lopyswine

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    a C. you're going to receive a C and you think you'll get into dental school?

dude, a C is going to ruin in your life. In fact, you should probably just go walk in traffic.

9. Jake8

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hell this is news to me frankly I guess I should jump off several buildings (several C's) :laugh:

OP if you are seriously asking, answer is your are fine

If you are looking for attention because you already know the answer then here is your high five :highfive:

10. Ar2

Ar2
    10+ Year Member

Ok , so now I feel like a real ******* haha... I really was asking a genuine question about this, mainly b/c the pre-dental advisor at my school told me that most dental schools dont accept students who make C's. That is why I came here to ask , since I know many of you'll have been through or are going through the process of applying. So I want to apologize if this seemed like an obvious question. I guess I was stressin over nothing. I really do appreciate everyones input.

Ar2

11. jaypea65

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I do not think that one or a couple of C's will break you. Just keep your GPA up. Not everybody does well at every class. I am struggling with physics right now, however I loved O-chem and I aced that class. A "C" in physics may be in my future, but I am not fretting over it. It is what it is, and the Sun will still rise tomorrow.

12. JamesOSU

JamesOSU Ohio State 2013
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I got a C in Microbial Genetics, and I got in. I think it's funny that you said you missed the curve, like a B- is much better than a C in the long run (its not).

13. You sound like you have an advisor that doesn't know much about getting accepted into schools. Otherwise, he wouldn't have made a stupid comment like that. A C will not kill you. you will be fine. Now, if you had C's in a bunch of the pre-reqs, that might change things, but not in just Biochem. There are people F's on their records who still get in. With your GPA, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

14. Crew07

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Go talk to your teacher and tell them how important Dental school is to you and see if they can find a away to make you part of the B- club. This trick has worked in the past (and Failed) but you should try.

15. klutzy1987

klutzy1987 StudyingSucks Letsgo Mets
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yup, teachers really do eat that stuff up. I used that exact line in biochem (before I actually revceived my grade though) and I got one grade higher than expected or deserved.

16. vlct0ria

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hey Ar2, you're not a *******...I've only gotten one C so far (in organic chem II- knock on wood) in undergrad, and it was the most stressful thing for me! I understand how you feel, and believe it or not even with the C, my GPA is still about a 3.7/3.6...it only took one semester of all A's and a B and my GPA recovered. Pre-dents are not all perfect and I guarantee the huge majority of us have 1 or more C's (or worse). Just get back on track next semester, biochem is a tough class and hey, a C is still passing so don't beat yourself up about it too much! Good luck. :)

17. Ar2

Ar2
    10+ Year Member

Yea , my advisor doesn't seemed to be too well informed on the whole process of Dental School. He even told me the other day that as long as I get my application in by Ocotber that I would be fine. I was thinking that was wayyyyy too late to send you application in....

Thanks, victoria... Yea it really has been stressing me out.... I think I'm going to take Crew07 and klutzy1987 advice and just go talk to my teacher and tell her how important it is for me.

I want to thank everyone for their storied and input. It has really helped me stay positive.

18. bjhath

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Yes, it does sound like your advisor is a little out of touch with dental school reality. Try to find a better pre-health advisor.

You should be fine with a C or two on your transcript. Personally I have several C's and a D or two on some old transcripts and got into d-school this cycle. You have a great GPA, just don't forget to be strong in other areas as well (DAT, leadership, volunteering, shadowing, research, etc.). Good luck!

#18 bjhath, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  19. beastmode

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I got C's in Bio1, Orgo1, Orgo2, Genetics, Calc 1
    Failed Calc 2,took it again and got a C

Everyone has a bad class, bad year, bad 2 years whatever...you will be fine

20. ruomengd2000

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Your right.