Ar2

10+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2007
Status
So I wast just looking for a little advice/input... I just found out that I missed the curve in my Biochem class , and I will recieve a C !!... This may be a dumb question , but I am really stressed out. Is this going to keep me from getting accepted into Dental School. I have a 3.7 overall with a 3.5 science gpa.... I would really appreciate any advice !

Ar2

STACM

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2006
Status
So I wast just looking for a little advice/input... I just found out that I missed the curve in my Biochem class , and I will recieve a C !!... This may be a dumb question , but I am really stressed out. Is this going to keep me from getting accepted into Dental School. I have a 3.7 overall with a 3.5 science gpa.... I would really appreciate any advice !

Ar2
nope, no worries

About the Ads

dennisDDS

10+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2008
Status
Dental Student
waaa waaa waaa

I dont mean to be disrespectful but it is obvious you have good grades.

What do you want us to do? :confused:

tetondent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I probably wouldn't apply with a C!!! C'mon, you'll be fine..Just keep your science gpa over a 3.5 and you'll have no worries!

Ar2

10+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2007
Status
Thanks... I know it seems like not much of a problem, I was just really worried since Biochem is a key class for dental school. I really appreciate everyone's opinion.

rollredroll

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2007
Dixieland
Status
Pre-Dental
you're fine. i was accepted with far worse grades.

Lopyswine

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2007
Chicago, IL
Status
Dental Student
a C. you're going to receive a C and you think you'll get into dental school?

dude, a C is going to ruin in your life. In fact, you should probably just go walk in traffic.

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
Status
Dental Student
a C. you're going to receive a C and you think you'll get into dental school?

dude, a C is going to ruin in your life. In fact, you should probably just go walk in traffic.
Hell this is news to me frankly I guess I should jump off several buildings (several C's) :laugh:

OP if you are seriously asking, answer is your are fine

If you are looking for attention because you already know the answer then here is your high five :highfive:

Ar2

10+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2007
Status
Ok , so now I feel like a real ******* haha... I really was asking a genuine question about this, mainly b/c the pre-dental advisor at my school told me that most dental schools dont accept students who make C's. That is why I came here to ask , since I know many of you'll have been through or are going through the process of applying. So I want to apologize if this seemed like an obvious question. I guess I was stressin over nothing. I really do appreciate everyones input.

Ar2

jaypea65

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I do not think that one or a couple of C's will break you. Just keep your GPA up. Not everybody does well at every class. I am struggling with physics right now, however I loved O-chem and I aced that class. A "C" in physics may be in my future, but I am not fretting over it. It is what it is, and the Sun will still rise tomorrow.

JamesOSU

Ohio State 2013
10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2008
Columbus, OH
Status
Dental Student
I got a C in Microbial Genetics, and I got in. I think it's funny that you said you missed the curve, like a B- is much better than a C in the long run (its not).

N

NAVY DDS 2010

Ok , so now I feel like a real ******* haha... I really was asking a genuine question about this, mainly b/c the pre-dental advisor at my school told me that most dental schools dont accept students who make C's. That is why I came here to ask , since I know many of you'll have been through or are going through the process of applying. So I want to apologize if this seemed like an obvious question. I guess I was stressin over nothing. I really do appreciate everyones input.

Ar2
You sound like you have an advisor that doesn't know much about getting accepted into schools. Otherwise, he wouldn't have made a stupid comment like that. A C will not kill you. you will be fine. Now, if you had C's in a bunch of the pre-reqs, that might change things, but not in just Biochem. There are people F's on their records who still get in. With your GPA, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Crew07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Go talk to your teacher and tell them how important Dental school is to you and see if they can find a away to make you part of the B- club. This trick has worked in the past (and Failed) but you should try.

klutzy1987

StudyingSucks Letsgo Mets
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
New York
Status
Dental Student
Go talk to your teacher and tell them how important Dental school is to you and see if they can find a away to make you part of the B- club. This trick has worked in the past (and Failed) but you should try.
Yup, teachers really do eat that stuff up. I used that exact line in biochem (before I actually revceived my grade though) and I got one grade higher than expected or deserved.

vlct0ria

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Hey Ar2, you're not a *******...I've only gotten one C so far (in organic chem II- knock on wood) in undergrad, and it was the most stressful thing for me! I understand how you feel, and believe it or not even with the C, my GPA is still about a 3.7/3.6...it only took one semester of all A's and a B and my GPA recovered. Pre-dents are not all perfect and I guarantee the huge majority of us have 1 or more C's (or worse). Just get back on track next semester, biochem is a tough class and hey, a C is still passing so don't beat yourself up about it too much! Good luck. :)

Ar2

10+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2007
Status
Yea , my advisor doesn't seemed to be too well informed on the whole process of Dental School. He even told me the other day that as long as I get my application in by Ocotber that I would be fine. I was thinking that was wayyyyy too late to send you application in....

Thanks, victoria... Yea it really has been stressing me out.... I think I'm going to take Crew07 and klutzy1987 advice and just go talk to my teacher and tell her how important it is for me.

I want to thank everyone for their storied and input. It has really helped me stay positive.

bjhath

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2007
Bay Area
Status
Dentist
Yea , my advisor doesn't seemed to be too well informed on the whole process of Dental School. He even told me the other day that as long as I get my application in by Ocotber that I would be fine. I was thinking that was wayyyyy too late to send you application in....
Yes, it does sound like your advisor is a little out of touch with dental school reality. Try to find a better pre-health advisor.

You should be fine with a C or two on your transcript. Personally I have several C's and a D or two on some old transcripts and got into d-school this cycle. You have a great GPA, just don't forget to be strong in other areas as well (DAT, leadership, volunteering, shadowing, research, etc.). Good luck!

Last edited:

beastmode

10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
New York
Status
Dental Student
I got C's in Bio1, Orgo1, Orgo2, Genetics, Calc 1
Failed Calc 2,took it again and got a C

Everyone has a bad class, bad year, bad 2 years whatever...you will be fine

About the Ads